Originally Posted By: Cassie67
So pretty, Burt.....and thank you. It is because of all of you here that I am finding my way. I have really been touched by your words, and tears are in my eyes now. You have been so kind to me.

I have always felt a bit different than most other people, like I don't belong. The outside world does not seem kind and welcoming, or real for that matter. It is a harsh and cold place, a place of noise and misplaced intentions. I feel welcome and accepted here like no other place. Our differences here are celebrated, which is a wonderful thing.

I am very leery about finding a job again. I don't want to be in that world, and not because I am lazy, just the opposite. I have worked since I was out of high school until just a couple of years ago. I am not afraid of work, but maybe just the "world" that the work exists in. When I worked I lost myself a lot.....due to exhaustion, lack of time for solitude and personal discovery, so many obligations that took my time away from me.

Things have changed and I no longer have my house anymore due to the divorce, so essentially I have less to worry about. But I still have my pets.....two yellow labrador retrievers and two horses that I board. I have to go to work so I can support my animals or who knows what will become of them, and I have to have enough money for basic living essentials. I left the marriage burdened with a lot of debt, of which I have to pay as well. I never duck out of my responsibilities, but the thought of having to go out again to find work seems so daunting to me.

This is why I am here.....to gain strength again by learning from the experiences you all have had. It is a tough journey but I am slowly changing day by day. If I don't heal the inside of me I will never be able to function on the outside.

Hi Cassie,

I totally understand how you feel as I went through a similar situation. It was one of the hardest things I've had to get through, and strangely enough, the ex used to tease me and say "Ha. You think that you'll ever get a job here? You're nothing without me."

I garnered the strength and off I went to get a job for $2.50 more than I used to earn during college! But it was a start and many interesting souls crossed my path even though I wasn't necessarily into them.

Yes, the world can be draining, but perhaps seeking a way to make money that is more in tune with your innermost nature will heal and resonate with you, for example, working with animals, and writing. You have a gift with words! I sense that many relate to your words and beautiful way of expressing yourself.

Write a book and self publish! Therapy + $$ in one!

"BABY STEPS TO 4 o'clock!"

You will know when you are ready.

Peace, Sister.

Anna - AHHA