Originally Posted By: ancientflaxman
Christianity, science, and the "occult" have seemingly always been at odds. Christianity believes that scientists and occultists are mislead and non believers. Scientists dismiss religion or spirituality and the occult as superstition and based on neither emperical evidence or rational reasoning. Occultists believe that Christianity is dogmatic and too restrictive and that science is unrelated and not deep enough to sustain their knowledge. I am speaking in generalities here. All of us want to maintain our stance and enjoy the times when others appreciate or "convert" to our way of thinking.

Because we do not give each other credence, why would anyone ever want to convert or leave an old way of thinking? Maybe I, as well as many others need to consider the possibilities of the validity of other peoples viewpoints and respect them for how they arrived at their decision. .

We build our own stumbling blocks.

I Absolutely LOVE this explanation !!!

It is so clear and encompassing !!

Beautiful !!!

If we consider GOD or the source of life to be a diamond, then science, religion, occult, the varied denominations of the world should be considered facets of the one beautiful whole !!

The toe is not jealous of the finger and the heart is not jealous of the lungs.

If we begin to see eachother as simply facets and angles of the one mystical whole then we will learn to respect eachother and not compete and kill and compare how much money one has over the other.