People have asked me if there is a connection between the Great Mother and the Virgin Mary. In my family, as far back as I can remember, we have not recognized the two as being the same. I am certainly not as knowledgable about The mother of Jesus as I am about Great Mom. My family always told me however, If someone has more knowledge about spirituality or life in general than we possess, ask them to take our hand and take us with them. If truly they know more about the depth of the human condition we will gladly go with to learn and let the lesser knowledge that we possess fall away to learn the new. In any case I was sitting on my porch rocking in my rocking chair enjoying the day when a little Mexican fellow came boldly up onto the porch and asked me if I was a psychic. I told him yes. He said that that was kind of weird for around here. I told him yes I supposed that it is although I think that he felt perfectly comfortable around me. He had a lot of tats and some numbers around his neck. He told me up front that he was from Compton, Cali. and was a gang member. I said "wow" I have never met too many gang people and shook his hand. His dad moved to our town to get away from the city and his mom who still lived in L.A. sent him here to try to get him away from the gangs. He opened up to me right away by telling me that his good friend who had been killed a while back has recently come back to visit him. He said that his friend would sit on the edge of the bed and they would laugh and joke like they had done before his demise. He asked me if I believed in those things and I told him " more than you know!". He said that his friend did not want to ever leave and this boy was so very glad for his company as he loved his friend. As I began to share a few of my past experiences about a few people in my family that have returned we found a common ground and a spiritual connection that still gives me "warm fuzzies" inside. I know that this little guy had been involved in some very dark activity probably even some killings, but the kid I was speaking to was a good hearted, open, and a very spiritual soul. He said that he had a hard time with religion and and how some people could be so judgemental. I told him that I believed in the great Mother. He seemed very curious. I explained about her as best as I could. All of a sudden he asked me," Do you mean Guadelupe?" I was about ready to tell him what I believed but just then I felt a tug from my ancestors and just pondered instead of answering. I then realized that a connection had just been made with the source of this little guy and told him YES, that is her . He told me that his Grandpa believed in Her. He told me that he had to return to L.A. soon as he wanted to see his mom. He asked me more about Guadelupe. I told him that the next time he felt himself in trouble or was about to do something that he wasn't sure of to call out to Her for help. I told him that she will never leave him and will protect him if he will begin to trust her. Tears began to fall from his cheeks and from deep within his being he opened up and said loudly, " I believe, I believe !!!! I wanted to hug him but I did not know if that would be appropriate. He lit up like the sky. He said that he will trust her for help and thanked me for talking. The connection was made, however or whatever I or anyone else thinks, and maybe the comfort and direction that he needs to save and extend his life will now be afforded him. A tender gentle little heart he has and I was glad to know him. Blessed Be