logo

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Drama Movies
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
The official trailer for "The Souvenir", starring Honor Swinton Byrne, Tilda Swinton, and Tom Burke, was released today. The film is from British writer-director Joanna Hogg. It is autobiographical in nature, based on a doomed love affair Hogg experienced as a young film student. "The Souvenir" won a Grand Jury Prize at this year's Sundance Film Festival and will be in US theaters beginning May 17th. The Souvenir Official Trailer
0 14 Read More
Astronomy
Yesterday at 08:23 AM

On this day in 1930 - February 18th - Clyde Tombaugh discovered Pluto.

Pluto was considered to be the ninth planet for many years, but is now classified as a dwarf planet.
75 2,195 Read More
Astronomy
Yesterday at 08:15 AM
Probably the most popular image from the New Horizon's fly-by of Pluto in 2015 was the heart shape on Pluto, a landform unofficially named Sputnik Planum.
6 147 Read More
German Culture
02/18/19 06:02 PM
Hi here,

Every country has it daft politicians running around and here in South Africa we are up there with the best! Eskom is a corporation that has the monopoly in providing South Africa with electricity and is pretty reliant on coal in its endeavours.

They have misplaced some don't know how many millions/billions, the figure is too silly to contemplate (telephone numbers anyway), and now this country is struggling with rolling blackouts and what we call 'load-shedding'. The consequent cost to business is huge and depressing, but the band plays on.

I am so much more aware of how the globe is squandering natural resources than I used to be and still trying to catch up. I take three deep breaths whenever I can and try not to keep my head in the sand a l'ostrich. Anyway, I am also trying to do my bit though I am sure I could improve.

Good news about sustainable forests in Germany.

Cheers
3 272 Read More
Container Gardening
02/18/19 05:46 PM
Hi there,

It seems to be coming back in a big way (though for some families and generations it never left!). When I was reading around for the article I came across a charming piece about Prince Charles and the huge area that has been left to 'stumpery', probably at Highgrove. Apparently it is organised chaos and quite wild and lovely. Prince Phillip, on seeing it, wondered around, couldn't see what was what and is supposed to have said something like "So when are you going to burn this lot then?"

Be still my heart - all that lovely mix time and 10-star accommodation for the insects! Well, I hope Prince Charles just smiled and found use for another log somewhere.

I am not sure that stumpery is good for the balcony 'garden', but it is a place to put some interesting and exchangeable pots if you have a garden, and dappled to deep shade.

Cheers now
2 66 Read More
Container Gardening
02/18/19 05:37 PM
Hey Francine, great to hear from you and will pass on the advice to Tammy toute suite! Thank you and it sounds sensible and easy and green and kind.

It could be worth an article too so we'll see. Insects across the world are under attack and there are some scary statistics that float about now and then in terms of how long humanity would have if all the insects 'left'. Bees, butterflies and all other pollinators, we can only lose.

I hope you are well well well and I send bestest,

Cheers now
2 67 Read More
Astronomy
02/18/19 05:14 PM
Many Moon hoaxers demand to know "Why," if we were able to go to the Moon in 1969, "has there been no serious attempt to return to the Moon?”

Well, first of all, Apollo 11 was already the third mission to go to the Moon, Apollo 8 and Apollo 10 having preceded it. But it was the first to land humans on the Moon. As for returning, a further six missions followed Apollo 11 to the Moon, five of which landed there.

However it's true that Apollo missions 18-20 were cancelled, and that's been the end of it. Curious Droid explains why humans haven't walked on the Moon since the 1970s. But if you're in a hurry, the short answer is: going to the Moon was incredibly expensive, and once the US had shown up the Russians, Congress didn't think it was worth the money, just for more science.
5 136 Read More
Drama Movies
02/17/19 11:54 PM
Update: The Academy was forced to backtrack on its decision to award certain categories during the commercial breaks. The American Society of Cinematographers was instrumental in forcing the Academy to reconsider. This controversy is the topic of my latest article on the Drama Movies site. Read more here. Drama Movies Column - Oscar Controversy
6 399 Read More
Drama Movies
02/17/19 11:50 PM
PBS aired the Movies for Grownups Awards (sponsored by AARP) last night. Women were well-represented at the ceremony. The award for Best Grownup Love Story went to writer-director Elizabeth Chomko's Alzheimer's drama "What They Had". Nicole Holofcener and Jeff Whitty won the Best Screenwriter Award for "Can You Ever Forgive Me?". While its director Marielle Heller was not nominated in her category, Mimi Leder received a nod for directing the Ruth Bader Ginsburg biopic "On the Basis of Sex". (The award went to Spike Lee for "BlacKkKlansman".) The Lifetime Achievement Award honored Shirley MacLaine.

PBS is currently streaming the entire show on their website. MacLaine gave a thoughtful acceptance speech that is worth watching.
0 28 Read More
Digital Art and Design
02/14/19 07:07 AM
There are many marketplaces that sell digital assets for work and hobby software apps. One app that is becoming popular with these artist is GoodNotes, a digital note-taking app for iOS.

GoodNotes Digital Note-Taking
0 53 Read More
Digital Art and Design
02/14/19 07:01 AM
Photoshop design templates are very popular with artists and designers because they save a lot of time when working on a project for a client. There are many online marketplaces that sell these templates, including Creative Market and Adobe Stock.

How to Use Photoshop Design Layout Templates
0 37 Read More
Digital Art and Design
02/14/19 07:00 AM
In this Photoshop tutorial, we will learn how easy it is to customize the Facebook video cover template for your client. We will learn how to change the placeholder graphics with our client's photographs and how to change the placeholder text with our client's information.

Photoshop Animation - Customizing a Template
0 35 Read More
Digital Art and Design
02/14/19 06:59 AM
In this Photoshop tutorial, we will add more text to the Facebook video cover template. We will be using the Transform and Opacity properties to animate the text.

Photoshop Animation - Opacity and Fade Transition
0 34 Read More
Digital Art and Design
02/14/19 06:58 AM
In this Photoshop tutorial, we will continue to build the animation for our Facebook video cover template. We will animate a second photograph on to the screen.

Photoshop Animation - Animating Graphics
0 33 Read More
Digital Art and Design
02/14/19 06:57 AM
In this Photoshop tutorial, we will start animating the design elements in our Facebook video cover template. Each element is on its own layer, so we can control them individually.

Photoshop Animation - Animating Text
0 30 Read More
Digital Art and Design
02/14/19 06:57 AM
In this Photoshop tutorial, we will add the placeholder text to our Facebook video cover template. This text will be the business name, the type of business and the services provided by your client's business. Open your project file in to Photoshop.

Photoshop Animation - Text & Timeline
0 30 Read More
Digital Art and Design
02/14/19 06:56 AM
In this Photoshop tutorial, we will create a smart object in our Facebook video cover template. This smart object will make it easy for the template user to replace the solid gray color fill with a custom photo.

Photoshop Animation - Graphics and Smart Objects
0 13 Read More
Digital Art and Design
02/14/19 06:54 AM
In this second Photoshop tutorial, we will start building our template for a Facebook video cover, that can be customized for your clients. Using templates can save designers a lot of time, as it is easy to replace the placeholder text and graphics for each of your client’s needs.

Photoshop Animation - New Video Project
0 16 Read More
Sewing
02/13/19 11:29 PM
Modern commercial sewing patterns are a marvel of precision and engineering. A blueprint for sewers with a wealth of information, standardized markings and symbols and specific written details on how to construct the item step by step. Pattern companies endeavor to decode all their sewing details.

Sewing Pattern Mysteries
0 28 Read More
Natural Living
02/13/19 02:00 AM
Sunscreen is important for protecting the skin against the harmful rays of the sun. The problem is, commercial sunscreens can be full of chemicals. This natural version is just as effective without all the junk.

Recipe for Natural Sunscreen

Feel free to leave your comments about this article in this thread!
0 20 Read More
Drama Movies
02/12/19 09:51 PM
"The Rider" director Chloe Zhao has a new film that's been picked up by Fox Searchlight Pictures. "Nomadland" stars Frances McDormand as an older woman who has joined the invisible class of homeless people living in their vehicles. The film is based on Jessica Bruder's 2017 book "Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century". Bruder spent time with people who travel around the country working temp jobs that allow them to survive, but only just. You can either be incredibly depressed by hearing these stories or amazed by the resiliency and ingenuity of people in response to circumstances beyond their control.
0 44 Read More
Knitting
02/11/19 07:26 PM
This is a bit more difficult than, say, a basic hat. However, if you enjoy using stitch dictionaries and want to create something completely unique, it's a fun recipe for success. Enjoy!
0 38 Read More
Yoga
02/11/19 07:22 PM
I need to stop every so often and review the parts of yoga that aren't asana and pranayama. Here, I'm considering tapas. Your comments are welcome.
0 34 Read More
Spirituality
02/10/19 10:36 PM
"Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There is no greater investment."

~ Stephen Covey
203 103,095 Read More
Digital Art and Design
02/10/19 10:17 AM
In the next few Photoshop tutorials, we will create a Facebook video cover template for your clients. This Photoshop video template will use two photos and several layers of text. Using keyframes and the video timeline, we will create custom transitions to move and fade-out these design elements.

Photoshop Animation - Facebook Video Cover
0 36 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Brand New Posts
Tilda Swinton and Daughter Honor in The Souvenir
by Angela - Drama Movies. Drama Movies
02/19/19 09:08 PM
2019: On this day . . .
by Mona - Astronomy. Astronomy
02/19/19 08:23 AM
Sky Valentines
02/19/19 08:15 AM
The "Lucky" Chimney Sweep, and New Year...
by Lestie4containergardens. German Culture
02/18/19 06:02 PM
Stumpery not Frumpery
by Lestie4containergardens. Container Gardening
02/18/19 05:46 PM
EEK! We've Got Ants!
by Lestie4containergardens. Container Gardening
02/18/19 05:37 PM
Five Astronomical Non-Events of 2018 *new*
02/18/19 05:14 PM
Should Comedians Host the Oscars?
02/17/19 11:54 PM
Movies for Grownups Awards
02/17/19 11:50 PM
GoodNotes Digital Note-Taking
by Digital Art and Animation. Digital Art and Design
02/14/19 07:07 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Channel List
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Sponsor

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.