logo

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Astronomy
40 minutes ago

On this day in 1971 - April 19th - NASA's Surveyor 3 unmanned probe landed on the Moon.

In November 1969, Apollo 12 astronauts Charles Conrad and Alan Bean would land near the probe and remove some parts to return them to Earth.
166 5,359 Read More
Classic Films
Yesterday at 08:02 PM
Update: The Academy Museum is set to open in late 2019. This week, the Museum's director announced the George Lucas Family Foundation has made a donation that will allow children 17 and under to visit the Museum for free - forever. The donation was made in honor of Sid Ganis, who is vice-president of the Academy's Board of Governors. Ganis said, “I could not be more honored and humbled by George’s gift to young movie lovers around the world. Education has always been a primary goal of George’s storytelling. Now through his incredible generosity young people from everywhere can experience and learn about the art and the techniques of filmmaking.”
1 530 Read More
Container Gardening
Yesterday at 07:34 PM
And a joyful Easter to you too, Lestie. The Irish Blessing you quoted is my favorite.
1 59 Read More
Christian Living
Yesterday at 04:26 PM
"Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him"

Amen!
2 754 Read More
Sewing
04/17/19 10:47 PM
Sew your own space-saving travel accessories as a great way to use up those valuable fabric leftovers. The possibilities are endless: foldable totes, security pouches for valuables, shoe protectors, jewelry protectors, lined insulated make-up bags, car organizers, and jewelry roll-ups to name a few.

Travel Accessories to Sew
0 37 Read More
Classic Films
04/17/19 10:43 PM
A new documentary about Carl Laemmle, founder of Universal Pictures, is being released. Laemmle was known for employing female directors in the 1910s and aiding refugees during WWII. The doc will be the opening night film of the Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival on May 2nd. Writer-director Peter Bogdanovich, who appears in the doc, will be in attendance. "Carl Laemmle" is written and directed by James L. Freedman. Carl Laemmle Official Trailer
0 49 Read More
Drama Movies
04/17/19 08:40 PM
Instead of writing a new article for the Drama Movies Site last night, I was engrossed in Cameron Mullenneaux's documentary "Exit Music". Her film is a beautiful character study of Ethan Rice, who was born with cystic fibrosis. He managed to defy the odds and live for 28 years. "Exit Music", which depicts the last year of Ethan's life, raises profound questions about the dying process. The doc is currently streaming on the World Channel site. Here is the link. Exit Music Documentary
0 35 Read More
Drama Movies
04/17/19 08:21 PM
The new documentary "The Prado Museum: A Collection of Wonders" is beginning its gradual rollout in cinemas around the world. Directed by Valeria Parisi, the doc celebrates the 200th anniversary of the museum. Jeremy Irons acts as tour guide. The doc is being released in Italy first and unfortunately, the magnificent voice of Jeremy Irons is dubbed by an Italian actor in the trailer. Here's the link. The Prado Museum: A Collection of Wonders The film is scheduled for a US release in the fall.
0 46 Read More
Astronomy
04/17/19 06:31 AM
In this animation you can see how odd Haumea's orbit is compared to Neptune's. The eight planets of the Solar System are pretty much in the same plane, called the ecliptic. (Imagine them all rolling around the Sun on a giant invisible table!) Here you can see that Haumea's orbit is not only highly elliptical, but strongly tilted out of the ecliptic. The animation shows the dwarf planet's orbit from 2000 to 2300.

Credit: Phoenix7777 from data source HORIZONS System, JPL, NASA
3 146 Read More
Short Stories
04/17/19 01:24 AM
When we think about Easter baskets, we often think about jelly beans, chocolate eggs, malted eggs, and of course, colorfully decorated hard boiled eggs. How about adding a short story or two in the basket with those candies and eggs?

Gift A Short Story For Easter
0 51 Read More
Classical Music
04/15/19 06:57 AM
Delightful video, Gillian. Before going to events at the British Library, I've sat in that area, and although I haven't heard this man play, I've heard some lovely playing. Once there was a small choir singing, apparently with time to spare before catching a train.
1 87 Read More
Environment
04/14/19 05:56 PM
Herbs are used as medicine for a long time. But some very important medicinal plants are going to be extincted because of habitat loss, pollution, natural disaster and over harvest.

Extinction of Medicinal Plants
0 58 Read More
Baptist
04/14/19 03:17 AM
The Holy Spirit is so awesome. He is a part of the Holy Trinity – The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is a gift to us. As believers, we have many different ideas about the truth of God. This is not a good thing, since we should all be on one accord.

His Name is Helper
0 77 Read More
Baptist
04/14/19 01:26 AM
What did you do today? I worked on my blog today and I am very pleased with its success. It seems to have taken on its own personality. I did not get a chance to study the materials in my theology course. I will make that the last thing that I do tonight. What about you?
0 83 Read More
Astronomy
04/13/19 10:37 PM
This Copernicus EU #Sentinel-2 image shows Aorounga crater in Northern Chad (via VisioTerra) lying only 100 km away from the Emi Koussi volcano. Measuring about 12 km across, the crater was created by a meteorite impact about 340 million years ago.
133 70,129 Read More
Sandwiches
04/13/19 09:05 PM

I remember the first time I tasted alfalfa sprouts. It was like spring had just come to life in my mouth!

This article has 10 delicious sprout sandwich ideas and directions for making your own sprouts at home. Sprouts are easy to grow and very cost effective. It takes the worry out of eating sprouts, because you know how they are grown!

10 Sprout Sandwich Ideas
0 52 Read More
Reading
04/13/19 09:01 PM

Do you need an exceptionally good read for your summer reading list? Yes, summer will eventually be here! If you don't want to wait, this would be a great book for any weekend read. From its witty title to its satisfying ending, The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by Kelly Harms doesn’t disappoint. This book is not my usual fare, but it was the Amazon First Reads for April, and seemed appealing. Not only was this book free to me, but it was a joy to read, from beginning to end.

The Overdue Life of Amy Byler Book Review
0 55 Read More
Attention Deficit Disorder
04/13/19 08:52 PM

Good nutrition can improve the negative symptoms of ADD by giving the body its best chance to build great brain chemistry. Peanut Vegetable Soup is nutrient dense, and it is filled with good fats, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. Try this delicious and rich-tasting soup soon. Yummy!

Peanut Vegetable Soup Recipe for ADD Nutrition
0 64 Read More
Classical Music
04/13/19 06:55 PM
Learn about the history, music and performances of J S Bach's six Brandenburg Concertos.

https://www.bellaonline.com/article.asp?id=306110
0 42 Read More
Baptist
04/13/19 05:19 PM
Suicide is running rampant in our homes. We must fight with prayer.

Heavenly Father, thank you for being such a caring God. You are worthy to be praised. Lord give those hope that are feeling hopeless. Let them know that they are not alone and that they are loved. I bind the sprit of depression and death in the name of Jesus. I pray that the spirit of heaviness lifts right now, In Jesus Mighty Name. Lord, thank you for your blessing and answered prayer. Amen
1 120 Read More
Christian Living
04/13/19 01:23 PM

Think of the years before you met Jesus. Are those years meant to be hidden away and forgotten, or are they meant to be redeemed?

Redeemed Years
0 36 Read More
Astronomy
04/12/19 08:59 AM
A serene image of the Hekla volcano gives no hint of being "the gateway to Hell" as it was called in the Middle Ages. It's a very popular tourist attraction these days.

However it's worth remembering that Hekla is one of Iceland's most active volcanos, and were it to erupt, it could affect air traffic in the same way the Eyjafjallajökull volcano did in 2010. That happened during the Easter break, and European air traffic was extensively grounded, with knock-on effects stranding people all around the globe.

(At least, we will all be able to pronounce Hekla. I think in 2010 a lot of newscasters just referred to "the Icelandic volcano" with only the brave trying Eyjafjallajökull.)
6 269 Read More
Drama Movies
04/11/19 10:29 PM
The TCM Classic Film Festival opens tonight in Los Angeles with a special anniversary screening of "When Harry Met Sally". Stars Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal will be in attendance along with director Rob Reiner. Screenwriter Nora Ephron, who passed away in 2012, will be getting a separate tribute. The fest will also be featuring "Hollywood Home Movies: Treasures from the Academy Archive". You can check out more details on the official website. TCM Classic Film Festival
0 38 Read More
Sewing
04/10/19 10:40 PM
Whimsical, nostalgic and all together charming, hankies - the word shortened from handkerchief, has a long and storied history. Although no longer used as an accessory of dressy fashion or fluttered flirtatiously, vintage hankies today remain in the realm of collectibles and textile art.

Vintage Hankies
0 49 Read More
Christian Literature
04/10/19 10:24 PM
Looking for ideas, and want to hear your thoughts. When reading Christian literature, which do you prefer?

---mysteries
---comic stories with an underlying meaning
---romance
---period fiction
---books on theology and eschatology
---books on prayer
---books on Christian living (parenting, finance, diet and health, etc)
0 77 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Brand New Posts
2019: On this day . . .
by Mona - Astronomy. 04/21/19 09:59 AM
Academy Museum of Motion Pictures Greenlighted
by Angela - Drama Movies. 04/20/19 08:02 PM
Easter Greeting Everyone!
by Mona - Astronomy. 04/20/19 07:34 PM
Saturday of Passion Week
by Lynne - ChristianLiving. 04/20/19 04:26 PM
Travel Accessories to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor. 04/17/19 10:47 PM
Carl Laemmle - New Doc About Founder of Universal
by Angela - Drama Movies. 04/17/19 10:43 PM
Exit Music - End of Life Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies. 04/17/19 08:40 PM
New Doc with Jeremy Irons Celebrates Prado Museum
by Angela - Drama Movies. 04/17/19 08:21 PM
Haumea – Facts for Kids *new*
by Mona - Astronomy. 04/17/19 06:31 AM
Gift A Short Story For Easter
by Michelle - Short Stories. 04/17/19 01:24 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Channel List
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Sponsor

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.