logo

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Christian Living
20 minutes ago
at one time that may have been true

Originally Posted by Lynne - ChristianLiving

“Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
3 727 Read More
Astronomy
27 minutes ago
Get them interested young - my grandsons are 8 and 5. I picked up a book the night sky for kids.
4 66 Read More
Astronomy
Yesterday at 09:21 PM
From March to May you can see the Spring Triangle in northern skies. In summer the Summer Triangle is most prominent, but may be seen all year round in most of the northern hemisphere. There is also a Winter Triangle. But grandest of all is the Winter Hexagon.

Winter Hexagon
3 44 Read More
Yoga
Yesterday at 07:44 PM
There is no need to change the practise of the asanas (as long as you are able to do them) :

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...07F0FAB9DC83A46E30C&&FORM=VRDGAR

Important is healthy food, important is keeping body, mind, and soul healthy.
1 35 Read More
Astronomy
Yesterday at 09:46 AM

American astronomer Annie Jump Cannon was born on December 11, 1863.

She devised the Harvard Classification System for stars, and classified around a quarter of a million stars for the Henry Draper Catalog. It was said that she recognized stars the way other people remember faces.
14 334 Read More
Astronomy
Yesterday at 09:43 AM
In the 17th century Robert Hooke produced a revolutionary bestseller, helped rebuild London after the Great Fire, and was a renowned experimenter, inventor, musician and artist. Hooke contributed to astronomy, geology, structural engineering and chemistry. He was 'England's Leonardo'.

Robert Hooke - England's Leonardo
2 59 Read More
Astronomy
Yesterday at 09:32 AM
On this day in 1863 – December 11th – American astronomer Annie Jump Cannon was born.

Cannon classified nearly a quarter of a million star spectra for the Henry Draper Catalogue and oversaw its publication after the death of Edward Pickering.
476 41,279 Read More
Self Development
Yesterday at 01:18 AM
The first time I had to give a presentation I began to hyperventilate and nearly fainted. I gave the presentation sitting down and swore I would not over react like that again! I've given lots of presentations since then.
1 27 Read More
Drama Movies
Yesterday at 01:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestion.
3 74 Read More
Drama Movies
12/10/18 10:14 PM
An announcement today that Jodie Foster will direct and star in an English-language remake of "Woman at War'. Foster said, in part, “I am so excited to helm a new American imagining of this relevant, beautiful, inspiring story. The character of Halla is a warrior for the planet, a strong woman who risks it all to do the right thing. But not without some serious mishaps along the way.” Foster will set her version of the film in the American West. It would be great if we had a chance to see the original film in the US before a remake gets underway.
1 110 Read More
Knitting
12/10/18 04:04 PM
This is a great reference for newbs and vets alike. What other references do you find important?
0 20 Read More
Astronomy
12/09/18 09:03 PM
Researcher Audrey Thirouin shows what may be the Haumea family.

She writes:
It is thought that the [original Haumea] (large object in the center of the figure) was a differentiated or partly-differentiated object with a rocky interior and an icy/rocky mantle. Most of the icy/rocky mantle has been removed, and the fragments ejected created the Haumea family members (grey objects). [What's left over] is the current Haumea. Several objects are classified as candidates to the family (red objects). They are not official members of the family because their composition is unknown or because they have no ice on their surface as the other members of the family. Shape of these objects is approximate and has been derived from their light curves. In some cases, objects have never been observed for light curves and so we do not have a good constrain about their shape. These objects are indicated with a question mark.
2 178 Read More
Catholicism
12/08/18 10:24 PM
Well, Angie. That made me cry!
1 78 Read More
Quotations
12/08/18 10:40 AM
Angie, I tried to look at the article, but got an error message for it.

Access to www.usmagazine.com was denied
You don't have authorisation to view this page.
HTTP ERROR 403
1 49 Read More
Digital Art and Design
12/08/18 08:35 AM
In this Photoshop CC tutorial, we will learn how to customize a predesigned Photoshop template. Whether it is an animated template or not, starting with a template can save a lot of time. Let's take a look at how to replace some of the generic template placeholders with your own content.

How to Customize a Photoshop Template
0 31 Read More
Digital Art and Design
12/08/18 08:33 AM
To start, your Adobe Portfolio has one gallery. Of course, you can build your portfolio for your own needs and you can have more than one gallery. So how do they work?

Adobe Portfolio - Galleries and Pages
0 25 Read More
Inspiration
12/08/18 01:48 AM
Cold but sunny today in Central Virginia.
2,974 1,945,421 Read More
Drama Movies
12/07/18 10:27 PM
The trailer for "American Hangman" starring Donald Sutherland is now online. Sutherland plays a judge who is kidnapped and put on trial - live for an online audience. I've seen television shows with similar plot lines but Sutherland might be able to make something special out of this premise. No release date yet. American Hangman Official Trailer
0 27 Read More
Sewing
12/05/18 10:30 PM
Though our busy hustle and bustle modern era seems to shorten the time to devote to handcrafted items for gift giving, stitching together simple materials for quick-to-make items helps to recapture the magic and quaint charm of holiday times remembered.

Holiday Sewing Remembered
0 40 Read More
Walking
12/04/18 12:38 AM
I have a torn meniscus as a result of the fall last January. Walking has not been an easy task. Today, however, I did walk two block away from the house and back with the dog. That was an accomplishment.
4 1,142 Read More
Yoga
12/03/18 08:43 PM
1 76 Read More
Astronomy
12/03/18 08:21 PM
You might see a true iridescent cloud when the Sun is nearby. The colors seem to be randomly distributed. In this picture we see an iridescent cloud with beams of light, known as sunrays, seeming to shoot out from it. Fantastic! I'd love to see one of these.

Richard Kelley posted this photo to EarthSky Facebook on November 26, 2018.
121 43,555 Read More
Self Development
12/03/18 04:36 PM
Hello everyone,

Do you find it difficult surviving Christmas and all the stress it can bring?

Here are some personal development and self development tips that you may find useful in coping with the preparations, shopping, parties, commitments and everything else that comes with this holiday season. See:

15 Tips for Surviving Christmas

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art69766.asp/zzz

Do you have any tips that you find useful at this time of year?

Warm wishes
Joy
0 43 Read More
Astronomy
12/03/18 08:59 AM
This week's sky from Steve Cariddi:

The Moon is waning this week, heading toward new Moon on Friday. This means that at the beginning of the week it will be visible just before dawn in the southeastern sky as a slim crescent, on Sunday night as a slim crescent in the southwest just after sunset. What it also means is that the Moon is "out of the way" for observing the stars and other faint objects in the sky, a prime time for deep sky observers. Just after sunset, look for Saturn very low in the southwest. The slim crescent Moon will be 1° north of it on Sunday evening. Also at nightfall, look for Mars shining brightly in the south. Just before sunrise in the southeastern sky, Venus is remarkably bright - about as bright as it ever gets. Mercury is also becoming visible by week's end, about 25° to the lower left of Venus.
55 6,790 Read More
Knitting
12/02/18 08:22 PM
Do you knit for yourself or for others during this stressful time?
0 38 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Brand New Posts
Christmas Eve Superstitions (link fixed)
by Angie. Christian Living
12/12/18 12:50 AM
Watch the sky for the Geminids
by Angie. Astronomy
12/12/18 12:43 AM
***Winter - Seasonal Articles***
by Mona - Astronomy. Astronomy
12/11/18 09:21 PM
Review of Yoga for Healthy Aging
by Buffalo Woman. Yoga
12/11/18 07:44 PM
Astro Advent Calendar 2018
12/11/18 09:46 AM
Born between Halloween and the Solstice – Quiz
12/11/18 09:43 AM
2018: On this day . . .
12/11/18 09:32 AM
Afraid of speaking in public?
by Angie. Self Development
12/11/18 01:18 AM
Should Comedians Host the Oscars?
by Angie. Drama Movies
12/11/18 01:09 AM
Woman at War - Iceland's Academy Award Entry
by Angela - Drama Movies. Drama Movies
12/10/18 10:14 PM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Channel List
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Sponsor

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.