I grew up hearing" Tell no one but those in the family that possess the "inner power" because others would not understand." I was able to keep my mouth shut.I was also told to write nothing of these things down because from the first word written it is diminished. I was not, however, able to pass this information to my kids that was given to me from my grandparents which breaks my heart. I love my kids but it will skip them. I am getting older and I will not let these things just die within me despite what my family would have said years ago. What I know probably amounts to a pimple on a rhino's [censored] but if it will benefit the suffering of a few it is worth it. Some very old family members told me years ago about where we came from. I am still pondering it. It goes like this: Nature and our environment taught us everything that we needed to know about our path in life. How many plants in the row, how many minutes to mix, how many cups, 50 and 4 rounds on the winder for a skein, how many arms length square for a cord, when to plant, etc. We trusted nature to tell us how to interact with it so we would be productive in life. When we no longer believed that we could trust these things we started schools.--- We would listen to our bodies that would tell us what we needed for good health. If something was wrong with it we simply listened carefully and it would speak to us what we needed to do to help ourselves. The inner skin of the bark of which tree? The medicinal benefits of the root of the tanzy or the thistle, or the seed of the flax plant, what to boil and how much. We lived in very good health until we quit trusting that inner voice because we did not want to be that responsible so then we needed doctors.---We helped each other, family or not, especially in times of trouble. We forgave even the most grievious disagreements and calmed our anger as that was the secret to self acceptance. We understood when someone would lash out and did our best to befriend them so that they could feel accepted and find their way back home. Then later we quit having patience and did not want that responsibility so we then needed attorneys.--- We loved each other. In the old German we had a marvelous word called "gemutlichkeit"; forgive the spelling as it has been many years.The meaning of the word has been diminished over the years. The word means fellowship, sharing, contentment, and making a total stranger feel like family. No one was a stranger. We connected with each person and in that acceptance found strength in its unity. With all of these things we found a oneness that made us glad to rise every morning. We then became too independent and desirious of self gain. We left the perfection of that that was within and then sought a god from without."------My Grandparents told me that others would not understand these things so just be quiet. I hope and pray in this new millenium that they are wrong. Today if we would just stand in us, become impowered, and really know who we are, we would heal, we would have unlimited friends because they would feel the strength within us. We would have an abundance of money,land, possessions. We would lead and teach. We would finally come into our own as it should have been since the beginning but yet so hidden. Blessed Be

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 04/24/08 09:53 PM.