Good morning, We are back in class and as you know I am Professor Drummelsticks. Sometimes I will lecture in this class about religion, spirituality, magic, and science. My personal beliefs in whatever are of little consequence here so what I will try to do is challange our capacity to learn by allowing us to venture into unchartered modes of thinking without fear. Science is not the enemy of religion nor is total self dependence or the textbook the enemy of any deity. .We do not have to believe everything that we hear, of course, but it is our job as teachers to pose such a question. "If Mom tells me that we must believe a certain thing because of the fact that it has always been so, is what she has to offer good for me? You can get upset with me for perpetuating such thoughts, even in recent posts, but please understand that I think VERY carefully before doing so and my purpose is not to cause anyone confusion but to prod us to think beyond our parameters without fear. I believe that a meeting of the spiritual, religious, and scientific mind just might bridge many gaps that ignorance would divide us upon. Some of you are very dependent upon your source and some of you are totally self reliant. Some of you play in the spirit world and some of you just believe in the completeness of all encompassing love. I am hopefully just a nurturing mirror. I do come across at times as a silly old eccentric kind of a guy and probably am but you guys are not so. You are learning and growing at a profound rate and I am proud of you all. Class Dismissed.

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 12/02/10 04:40 PM.