When one is birthed into the Great Mother a door opens to a very nurturing realm that is foreign to many cultures. Wisdom and understanding also accompany that eternal place of peace and rest. Our language changes and so do our perspectives including an openness to others that is found so seldom, however, is changing within our culture, slowly but surely.

Recently a lady,although she did not come right out and say it directly, in a left handed way, spoke of a post or two that I made in other forums about alcohol consumption. Her reference to it was that I not only partook of it myself but it seemed as though I encouraged it. She knew of the devistating affects of it upon countless families and wondered how I could condone such behavior as a healer. She was a very kind and concerned lady and in no way was condemning in her attitude. It was more of an inquiry and I was glad for her voice of opinion.

I have known the Great Mother for my entire life. Her wisdom does not coincide with mans in many cases. She has the eternal good for All of humanity in mind. Although I fail miserably as a lighthouse for healing in this world I try my best.

I asked if I could make a deal with the lady. I asked that if she would give up all illegal drug usage and empty her medicine cabinet of all perscription medication that I would give up all alcohol consumption. She would not agree. Most Americans wouldn't either.

I held up my end of the deal but because it wouldn't have made a difference anyway I did not even bother to tell the woman that I do not drink.

Her wisdom is not our wisdom. Blessed Be

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 03/17/12 07:39 AM.