Burt, you have disrupted nothing here. You are supposed to be here. Burt, the one who is rejected becomes the chief. That principle is true in more than one religion and it is definitly true in the realm of the spiritual. I keep using the word "leader" around you and Phyllis. Both of you are very strong people. It is many times the supposed hang ups and troubles that we have that propel us to who we really are.

When I was young I tried to help my dad see some spiritual things. He would sometimes retort with this statement," Oh yea Dave, you are right and the world is wrong, Right???" At that age those kind of words really put me into a ditch. You know Burt, today I see that what he was saying was right on!!!! I should have seen it back then!!! The "flaws" that this modern world points out about so many people that are different than the "norm" are actually gifts. While we go through them they don't seem like gifts but they are the most useful propellant to speed us into the "real" being within. Thats why they are there.

I used to work in a state hospital as a supervisor. It was a place for the mentally retarded, criminally insane, and sexual deviants. I taught them how to punch a time clock and do assembly work as private companies contracted with the state to have us do such assembly jobs. I look for the "gold" in people and not the problems. When I gained their trust I would have private conversations with them to see and find out their real story.

One man whom I will call Jim told me that he heard voices and that is why he was there. I told him that I heard voices as some spiritual people do. I told him that we learn over time to dismiss the voices that would give us negative information or lies. We can then differentiate between the ones that are now for our benefit. Our ancestors, spirit guides, and even other spiritual friends can speak to us when we have a need for some guidance. It is, in fact, quite normal for some very spiritual and very balanced individuals to experience this. We became fast friends and Jim soon heard less voices and began to "create" his own voices that would guide him in a more productive journey in his life.

Trust me, the state did not have a clue about such a method of healing but someday I hope that they can learn this. I had to get out of there eventually as their methods showed me in short order that they were more about private contract money than really helping the people who did the work for them. Our world is blind and that is why so many people are so lonely and "put on" faces of content and happiness instead of being really so. Playing the game so to speak.

Its funny but sometimes I wondered who was more insane, the patient or the rest of the staff and the state????? In any case many are gifted with things that we consider detriments in this culture. Thats another bass ackward concept that is traditionally popular in our culture. Oh well, I will get off of my soap box now but just want you to know that the Mother Goddess-great Mother people are truly all about healing and respect for all of life. There are also many others that believe in the "wholeness" and balance of the person. Blessed be

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 09/17/11 09:04 AM.