Dave......there are so many religions out there at the present time, some I never heard of. Just driving around the last time I was in CA there seemed to be a different denominational church around every corner. I only say this because there is certainly a place for you in this venue because I think there really are people yearning for answers and peace within but don't know how to get there, hence the forming of new places of worship.

Of course there will be those who would criticize and ridicule such an effort and undertaking if you are going to do your own thing and not join an existing church, but I believe there would be quite a group interested in what you would have to say. It still is a very material world, so keep that in mind, but the energy is slowly shifting.

Personally I think what you speak of is not impossible at all, and your wife was right. Heck, I'd love to come hear what you have to say, even if only for a weekend long retreat (seeing as I won't live close by). Whether you join an existing church or form your own group, I think you would be great at it because your heart and soul are in the right place. It seems that it just may be a calling.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator