If you could go ahead and pinpoint where you would like to move to, and SHOW how much extra support your son would get from services there, I would think that would go a long way with the court. It would be the same thing if a child had cancer and a mother wanted to move closer to a children's cancer hospital (or it should!)

It might also be helpful to get your child's doctor or psychiatrist on board with you. If they back you up, and are willing to in court, even just in a written statement, it makes an impact.

In Mississippi, children normally get to choose what parent to live with at age 12, my son's psychiatrist said he was not mentally capable of making that decision at 12, to hold off until he was 14. The court agreed. The psychiatrists have that much input.

Michelle Taylor
Why me? What did I do to deserve this?
(go on, ask)