Welcome to the forums Donna. I have never heard of the term and a google search came up with nothing relevant. I am curious that you mentioned just getting his IEP and read this on there - were you not present at the IEP or was this added after you signed it? What part of the IEP was this written into and who initiated?

It could mean something entirely different than here in the States or Canada since you are in the UK, but nothing comes to mind. Perhaps you could post the section this was written in and that could help gain some insights.

What grade is your son in? My youngest is ten and in fourth grade, special day class and nonverbal. That is good news about your son using sentences in his strips. He uses the cheap talk device at home and school and during summer camp they have a Go Tak 9+ that I really like and may purchase. The cheap talk is the school districts on loan to us, but not very portable like the Go Talk.

I tried to get the district to switch to the Go talk but the AAC person said that the buttons were easier to push on the cheap talk and less likely to break or have to pound to feel it registe.

Over the summer I attended a conference and saw a demonstration on the SpringBoard. They are atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site