hi guys my name is candy and i have a 3yr old named hope who is autistic. i knew something was wrong when she was 9 months old and wouldnt do a thing.all she would do was cry and scream. i bought her to the doctors and she was into threapy and has been there ever since. hope isnt my olny child i have a 6 year old with ADHD and a 2 year old as well. hope is very violent and has a terrible temper. she is still in diapers though i am trying to get her out of them. man that is a hard thing to do. she will be startingschool this august and she will be in the special ed class. i think that is were she needs to be. she cant handle alot of people and if around a large group she has a seizure so we put her in that class do to it small size.

she can talk, she is very smart, and she remembers thing like a elephant. she has trouble putting things together in her mind though and there are times when she is have a bad day she dame near drives me crazy.she does give eye contact and affection i have had alot of people tell me that she wasnt autistic for that reason but i and the doctors think she is. she knows no danger, she will open the door for a stranger, walk across the street without looking, touch a hot stove, wonder straight into the ditch, and these are just a few things that have happened in our life.

i love hope with all my heart she shows me the innocents in life even if it is all mixed up into one big ball of stuff i know it is still there.

thanks candy

p.s. hope will be 4 in sept. 2006

If you are always trying to be someone else how can you be yourself?
So try and be yourself more everyday that way you will never lose who you are.