Hello, the part you said about over reacting to his lack of speech, I know what you mean. My husband said I was outta my mind. He said he didn't talk until he was 3ish so maybe Shawn is just taking his time, but being a mother you just know. He called his mom, (the nurse) and made her try and convince me to just relax. I was saying whats the harm in taking him to the Dr? I waited just to keep the peace........sure enough........Autism! Shawn is my 3rd of 4 children, so its not like a first time mother blowing things out of proportion...........I knew something was up!........but there have been no " I should have listened to you", no " you were right"..........no apology for making me wait 6 months for treatment.............it pisses me off..........I think they act like no grandchild of mine has a disability........etc... He is the first grandson on their side..........you'd think they'd have more of a bond with him. He is super cuddly, always smiling, never has tantrums, never cries, loves going shopping.he is a great kid all around....wouldn't change him for the world, I just wish everyone else thought like that!