I have just read your post about not having any services for your kids. I live in Canada and through the provincial govt. I get $1667.00 per month for services for my son, he is almost 4, a total of $20,000.00 per year. However when they turn 6 the funding goes down to $6,000.00 per year. It sounds like alot but you can only spend it on "approved" items. Shawns therapies cost an average of $1400.00 per month but that 5 days a week, 3 hours a day, the Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy is covered by the province. You are also allowed to spend 20% of your yearly allowance on travel, training and equipment. I was allowed to buy my son a home computer for $1200.00 because his OT wrote me a letter stating it was needed for his development. Which is not to bad. The funding here includes PDD-NOS, which from what I remember is your sons disability?? I have read on this forum how little there is in the States for children with ASD. It upsets me, its not fair. My son starts preschool this week and all the fees are covered, any therapy I feel would benefit him, is covered, within reason I assume. I am not sure how the other provinces are with their funding, just thought I would let you know since I read you were even thinking of moving to Canada for services, maybe you were being sarcastic, LOL. British Columbia is nice, not too fond of other provinces though, LOL, too dirty!!
I have a book in front of me with all the funding info. Let me know if you want to hear more.I also am the high-class poor, so I know what you're going through somewhat. I have the services here but wonder how I am going to afford the gas to get him there.
Jessie