From a scientific view, quartz is a very unique and multifaceted rock. It has so many properties, probably some we don't yet know about. The stones used in the building of Machu Picchu are a high percentage of quartz. I feel the stone chosen to make the skulls is a big part of the puzzle.

Until watching the show, I did not know about the legend of there being 13 of them somewhere on Earth. 13 is such a significant number in so many of our cultures, that may be another puzzle piece.

So much of the Mayan and Aztec knowledge has been lost, but a good bit is being recovered. I just hope modern science will become more open to investigating the legends. There are kernels of truth in them we need to know, even more so now.

As to the legend stating the skulls need to come together, the power that could represent is both intriguing and a bit scary. However, these objects have been revered as holy for several eons. That tends to reassure me their power is of a positive source. Their remaining scattered until needed ensures no one person may wield that power. It may well be a human is not needed at all for the skulls to do the job they were created for.

As I learn of legends and prophecies from different cultures, isolated completely before our Age of Communication, the similarities constantly amaze me. It's as if we have some type of genetic memory shared by all humans. It's been theorized that elephants have a genetic memory, in they will return to past watering holes which had dried up many years before their birth.

Could it be a "human" genetic memory some of us can tap into? I do believe in reincarnation, but I feel this is something much broader.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia