Hi,

It has now been 8 days since I lost my son at 19 weeks due to placental abruption. I am finding it really hard to accept that my baby who I carried inside me for nearly 5 months has now gone. It all happened so quick. My pregnancy was going fine until 3 weeks ago when I started bleeding and having cramps in my lower abdominal every day. I was in and out of hospital having speculum examinations, scans and to listen to my baby's heartbeat. Everything was fine. I was told to bedrest and just hope for the best as I was told it was a threatened miscarriage and they could not do anything, I had just had to wait and see what happened. I was constantly reading up about placental abruption on the internet and it said that it mainly happened 20 weeks onwards so I couldn't understand why mine started at 18 weeks. On the day that I gave birth I went to see my midwife earlier on and she said if the bleeding hadn't calmed down I should go and get seen at the hospital again so I went in, listened to the baby's heartbeat, saw the scan and my baby was moving. As soon as I left the hospital and came home, my contractions started and my bleeding got heavier. My husband took me back to the hospital and I was told that I was miscarrying. I was given pethadine and delivered my baby boy shortly afterwards. Baby was buried the next day and it was all over. Everything happened so quickly. It hurts so much... I was supposed to have my 20 week scan in 3 days. I don't know what caused my placenta to abrupt. I am 28 years old and healthy as far as I know. My placenta is being examined as well as my blood. I will be given the results in a few weeks time. Since then, I have heard of a lot of miscarriages but they have mainly been before 13 weeks and I can't find anyone to relate to as I gave birth to my baby, held him, and buried him. I love and miss him so much. Is there anyone who can relate to me?