Thanks Jode for posting this. It also has been something I have been trying to find more info on.

2 weeks ago I went for my first check up since being pregnant (at 8.5 weeks). The doctor said she didn't see a heart beating so asked me to do 2 blood tests. One that day and one 48 hours later to see if my HCG levels had gone down (apparently if the pregnancy is developing normally, the HCG
levels should double every 48 hours). Well unfortunately the results showed they had gone down.

I haven't had any bleeding, it's been 15days. I went to see the doc again today, she booked me into do a D&C next Thursday. I told her I would prefer for the baby to pass naturally, but she said there is a risk if I wait even longer my womb could become infected, which could lead to further complications for a future pregnancy.

When she said I should go for an operation, I got so upset, I've never had an operation before, be it minor. It seems like such an invasive means to end this. I am hoping that I pass the remains naturally before next Thursday.

Does anyone know how long it is recommended to wait for the remains to pass?

What are the risks of not going for a D&C vs. natural means?

Any advice on some natural methods to maybe help pass the remains faster?

Thanks for posting this topic,
God bless
Thel