Kimberly, Don't be afraid of a D&C. It's much less evasive than you read online and will not increase your risks of infertility. In my case, I was diagnosed with my 2nd miscarriage last week. I chose to do another D&C, because I couldn't bare letting things happen naturally and needed closure quickly. Accepting the loss is hard enough let alone seeing it happen and trying to deal with it at home. I was only 9 weeks along and the embryo had only developed to 6 weeks. With the surgery, they will be able to do more extensive testing than before to determine what might have gone wrong. While I totally understand this is devistating, here is how I coped: 1. I took solace in the knowledge that I could get pregnant. 2. I knew that this happened for a reason (something was very wrong with the natural development of the baby). 3. Things looked up once I was able to resume my activities like running to get my frustrations and grief out. 4. Once the hormones left my body, I could evaluate the situation without their influence. (This was HUGE). 5. We have a wonderful support network of friends where we live which helps since our family is so far away. 6. I put my focus into other areas of my life to help time pass. Waiting things out is really the hardest part especially when you wanted your baby so much. I can totally relate and will be thinking of you as we wait too. We plan on having tests done to determine if there is any intervention that can help me next time. As my wonderful neighbor said, "Everything happens for a reason." She has had some very difficult things go on in her life that have tested this cliche saying and things really have gone well for her. I know that everyone seems to make out pregnancy as being a breeze once you get that double pink line. We are proof that things are not so simple; however, we will survive and be better for the experience no matter how tough. All my best...