Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 36 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 35 36
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I have been being decently good to myself this week with my priorities. I mentioned i would give myself the gift of time for serenity, creativity, health/fitness, order and joy.

So over the last few days i have been giving myself some gifts of time. I have been using my massage machines (ones for legs, feet, back and shoulders) for at least 15 minutes a day (for serenity and health). I had a two hour walk yesterday while talking to Dan on the phone about the meaning of Pi (health and joy), and have been allowing myself to spend time on cleaning things in here (to create more order). I want to sneak a ten minute meditation back into my life as well, and the 20 minute legs up the wall yoga pose.

I am not being good to myself about creativity. Why does this seem to be the lowest priority on my totem pole of time? I feel such flow when I am being artistic and I never let myself do any art. I am not really going to stress about this one right now, though, since I am being good to myself in those other ways.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Originally Posted By: Helen Doll Making Editor
Hi All,

Yeah, I'm a little late (a lot late) coming to post on this topic. I usually tend not to want to share publicly, so when this topic first started I just made my list and started working toward it. After 2 moves it has been lost but I did have some good results. I wrote my ebook and went from size 16 jeans to size 9. I'm still at that size, 2 years later, YAY.

So I wrote another list, in no particular order, and decided to be brave and share it:

Work from home. I want to be able to make money from my dolls and crafts. Not a fortune, just enough to be able to stay home.

Be as healthy as I can be. I'm 57, DH is 41, but disabled, so most everything falls on my shoulders and that's OK, but I need to be able to keep doing it.

Serenity. Financial security and order/ organization in my life and home.

Find local friends. This may sound dumb, but I was 45 when I left New Jersey and it has been impossible for me to make friends of my own here in Missouri. Making lasting friends has always been hard for me and with the difference in people here, well....

Have a home that belongs to us. We lost our house 3 years ago and have moved 3 times since then, we're renting a house now, which is a big step forward for us, out of MIL's place, etc. But still not the same as our own home.

First, congratulations for your successes! You're doing *great*!! smile

The first one seems to be a priority of being financially secure. That way you can choose what you do with your time. That's a great aim!

The local friends one is GREAT. You will find MANY editors here have that exact same problem. Every person deserves a local support group! Good for you for making that a priority!

I'm torn on the house one. That is a specific thing which is normally a goal. Your priority is a secure, happy home. I.e. maybe in the long run that can be best solved with a leased location! You never know. For the priority, you figure out what that underlying core value is. Does it really have to be a physically owned house?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Originally Posted By: Vanessa - Pregnancy
Personally, my goals are to serve God, spend more time with family, help others, and be able to do the things I love in life.

Dear Vanessa -

Those are awesome priorities! And it sounds like financial stability adds into that! That then helps you set up your long term goals to work towards those - well done!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Just a reminder to everyone that once they have their life-long priorities in place, it's time to set up long term goals to head in that direction!

Five Year Goals

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jilly -

I think you should create a fresh thread in the Creativity forum and we can consider ways to gently increase your creativity tokens in your world!

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: AppleAnnie
This is a great place for me to glean from others; TY for sharing your lists. I have learned a lot here...
Hi AppleAnnie, thanks for dropping by. Glad it's been useful! (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Georgia, AK Tatter
Every day is a new opportunity. This year I want to retrain myself to use my time to the fullest extent. I want to find the joy in every day and share it.
Hi Georgia, great time-management and finding/sharing joy are very powerful tools to have in your kit. Let us know how you get on! (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Great idea on the creativity theme, Lisa! I created a thread on that here - Sneaking Creativity into your Day

M
M
Thanks for the info....

Last edited by mazda; 01/11/11 08:26 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Welcome Mazda - we're always happy to help new members with their priorities!

Low Carb Forum
Page 21 of 36 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.