Originally Posted By: Helen Doll Making Editor
Hi All,

Yeah, I'm a little late (a lot late) coming to post on this topic. I usually tend not to want to share publicly, so when this topic first started I just made my list and started working toward it. After 2 moves it has been lost but I did have some good results. I wrote my ebook and went from size 16 jeans to size 9. I'm still at that size, 2 years later, YAY.

So I wrote another list, in no particular order, and decided to be brave and share it:

Work from home. I want to be able to make money from my dolls and crafts. Not a fortune, just enough to be able to stay home.

Be as healthy as I can be. I'm 57, DH is 41, but disabled, so most everything falls on my shoulders and that's OK, but I need to be able to keep doing it.

Serenity. Financial security and order/ organization in my life and home.

Find local friends. This may sound dumb, but I was 45 when I left New Jersey and it has been impossible for me to make friends of my own here in Missouri. Making lasting friends has always been hard for me and with the difference in people here, well....

Have a home that belongs to us. We lost our house 3 years ago and have moved 3 times since then, we're renting a house now, which is a big step forward for us, out of MIL's place, etc. But still not the same as our own home.

First, congratulations for your successes! You're doing *great*!! smile

The first one seems to be a priority of being financially secure. That way you can choose what you do with your time. That's a great aim!

The local friends one is GREAT. You will find MANY editors here have that exact same problem. Every person deserves a local support group! Good for you for making that a priority!

I'm torn on the house one. That is a specific thing which is normally a goal. Your priority is a secure, happy home. I.e. maybe in the long run that can be best solved with a leased location! You never know. For the priority, you figure out what that underlying core value is. Does it really have to be a physically owned house?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum