Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I love to be creative, but right now I am so busy doing work activities and other things on my priorities lists, that being creative falls by the wayside first.

What are some ways to sneak creativity into one's life?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Jill:

I am going through same thing right now.

It is like I have to make myself take even 5 minutes to do something "fun & creative" while not worrying about stuff like work as you mentioned and of course my job hunting to replace my temp job that ends 1/28.

But what I find is that I get more accomplished when I do take a few minutes to do this.

Kind of weird, but I had read this years ago and really did not have to do it - thought they were dreaming - but it works.

I am not sure what "creative" means to you, but you see where I am going with this.

For example, some mothers (I was one when I had a minor at home), will get up a few minutes earlier than their husband and kids to read or exercise.

I would love to hear how other posters do this.

GREAT question Jill smile

Angela

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Jilly
� What are some ways to sneak creativity into one's life?

Jilly, that�s a great question! I�ve found that one way is to develop the ability to have a totally blank mind as that allows your most creative thoughts to have the space to enter your mind.

See: Creative Thinking - How to Do It and Why

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Joy, that is an excellent article, thank you.

I am getting together with some bellaonline friends at the beginning of next month and we are going to do some vision boarding, as well as make some kind of nature craft (like making yucca baskets).

So those are good ways to get in some creativity. But I still am drawing nothing on ways to sneak things in daily.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly -

Do you have a small notepad that you can keep by your desk? How about setting a timer so that every hour or so you temporarily turn off your monitor and just doodle and draw on your notepad?

Tiny steps!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Doodling is a good idea!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Cool! I have a self esteem class I am taking though my local guidance clinic, and last session we did some art! We were asked to use paints, pastels or colored pencils to draw how we saw ourselves. I really enjoyed this project and got completely wrapped up in the experience. I will have to upload my art. (i used acrylic paints)

M
M
Every morning open 5 'creative' sites on your comp. Do not look at them right away. At teatime - look at one or two, same for lunch and same again in the afternoon. Write down urls etc of interesting sites on pieces of coloured paper which you keep in a box on your desk. Every two or so hours, randomly take a piece and visit that site.

M
M
Its good to be in the creativity all the time if you are addicted to it. I love it and always think of something new. Its the passion and try to make think deeper for better art and craft all around.

I
I
I recommend having at least one portable craft that you can take anywhere. Then you can take it out and work on it during short breaks or when you are stuck waiting for things. I tend to multi task with crafting and other things. I do crochet or other simple projects while I am talking with others or socializing with others. Pick a project you can do without thinking about it too much so you can still focus on the conversation. If I am talking on the phone for more than a few minutes, I put the phone on speaker phone so I can do things with my hands. You have to get a feel for what other people think of this. Some people are okay with it, but others will think you are being rude by not giving them your full attention. And it is probably not something that would be acceptable at work. I actually think better when I have something to do with my hands and people close to me know this. If I was not crafting I would just be fidgeting like mad while I am talking to them. ;) You can also try to make things that you have to do anyway more creative. For example, if you normally make dinner you can be more creative in your dinners. If you exercise regularly you can do an exercise that allows more freeform and creative movement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.