logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gecko
Gecko
My son, a Shetland Sheepdog, passed over the Rainbow Bridge many years ago. These animals are like children - they depend on you for food, shelter, love, etc....definitely understandable to have the same feelings.

Warm wishes to you....

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I am so sorry for your loss. We have house rabbits that I love dearly. We got our first one in '93 and have had rabbits ever since - all spayed/neuterd of course! Out of our original four (2 bonded pairs), only one is still living, she is 12! I have been completely devastated each time one has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

I know how you feel. Me and hubbs own 2 guinea pigs, and 3 rats. We did have 22 rats when all 3 girls we had mated with the males. (Wasn't intentional. But we loved them babies!) We gave 11 away who were promptly adopted AS PETS thank the Lord a day later. Our oldest, Colonel was almost 3 when he crossed. That's old for a rat! He was the last one to go for now though, but its no less hard to bear. I remember when Shelly and Girly died. They both had terminal illnesses they got intrauterine from their parents but we loved 'em anyhow. 2 others I adopted out to a customer of mine who would come through my line a lot. (The lady named the Molly May and Minnie Mo.) She gave me updates all the time. (This was before I lost my job and lost all contact.) Regardless I remember bawling my eyes out when our little Shelly died. I didn't speak for 2 days and stayed in my room. We also adopted 3 older guinea pigs, one whom the owners weren't taking care of and had mange. (We kept him separate from the rest.) Toshi died 2 days later, Vince about 3 months after that, and Teddy Bear just last year. Teddy was almost 4 or 5 which is very good for a piggie but we still miss him. I cry thinking about it. (THAT'S probably PMS or something. I usually don't cry.) Then we owned mice who became cannibals even though they were well fed and well loved.) It happens. We recently adopted a little girl we named Ivory because she is an albino rat and looks and feels as soft as the soap. We got her for our little Izzy because she's such a good girl and deserved a companion. (She took it hard when her sister Shelly died.) The first day they were playing and grooming each other. Now they sleep curled up together, it's so cute. I can't forget either my ma's puppy Chico who we've had for 6 years now. He's my one and only. He was there when no one else was. I know it was a long story but sometimes it helps to hear the experiences of others. Just want you to know that yes, I have a heart, and yes I care. Just remember that all your past furbabies will be waiting for you, and one day down the road when you go to your great rewards they will be there greeting you for eternity.

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Thankyou kurico,

It's a comfort to hear your story.
I appreciate you and everyone else taking the time to support me.

Jeannie

V
Amoeba
Amoeba
V
Oh Jeannie- I know exactly how you feel. 2 years ago, I lost my beloved Loki, a brown mischievous Torti, to kidney failure. We spent years and lots of $$ getting to the point where we were ready to settle in for a long haul treatment, and we'd heard from people that you can keep cats alive for years with kidney failure. We had all the websites to get our supplies lined up, a good relationship with our vet, and then BOOM. Lokes decided that she just didn't want to fight any more. We have another lovely cute precocious kitty now, along with Loki's brother, but there will never be another Loki, and there is still a hole in my heart. My condolences on your loss. It does get better, I promise! Aren't they too cool not to have around? That's what I say to people who ask!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.