BellaOnline
Posted By: jeannie70 Lost my furbaby - devastated - 07/28/10 10:33 AM
I know it's off topic but I lost my little tabby cat last weekend, she was only five and in good health when she suddenly had a lung infection and within twelve hours was gone.

And I feel lost without her. My other furbabies are still there but for a tiny little cat, she left a big hole...

I just usually post here so felt most comfortable sharing here.
Posted By: Dolyn Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 07/28/10 11:01 AM
I'm so sorry Jeannie. Please don't feel embarrassed for posting here. So many of us have kids of the feline and canine species, and we totally understand. I lost one of my kitties, Ellie, 2 years ago to cancer (she was only 6 years old!), and it still hurts.

If there's one thing I know though, it's that childfree people are some of the best, most responsible, loving (sometimes misconstrued as a bit nutty) pet owners on the planet. And, I'm sure that your little kitty had the best 5 years any kitty could possibly have. My heart goes out to you.

-D.
I also just lost a young cat to an unexpected issue - know that you are not alone in your grief. All the souls that touch us stay with us forever - the sadness will diminish so that you will be able to remember the good times - try to keep those close and she will live on as she was - vibrant and loved.
Posted By: WalkingGranny Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 07/28/10 01:41 PM
Jeannie...I lost a 4 year old kittie this spring. I had her since she was a week old and when she crossed the rainbow bridge it nearly broke my heart. I too have other furballs to love, but also understand the "furbaby hole in your heart", I have one too.
Posted By: missyT Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 07/28/10 01:48 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, and although some who do not share that "animal bond" may not understand, I along with many others on this forum, do. I hope you will be uplifted by the great memories you made with your cat. You should do something to memorialize him/her.
Posted By: Periwinkle Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 07/28/10 01:57 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Jeannie. I love my kitties so much and would feel the same way if something like this happened. Please know you gave her the best life and she knew how much she was loved.
Posted By: swearbear Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 07/28/10 02:08 PM
so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: 4Ferrets Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 07/29/10 12:05 PM
Sorry for your loss, Jeannie. I don't have cats, but I've had ferrets cross the Rainbow Bridge and it's always though. Hang in there.
Posted By: jeannie70 Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 07/30/10 03:15 AM
Thanks so much everyone, such wonderful support is precious to me.

Xx
Posted By: Jilly Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 07/30/10 03:27 AM
my pets are my closest companions - losing one would be incredibly difficult. Sending you healing thoughts...
My son, a Shetland Sheepdog, passed over the Rainbow Bridge many years ago. These animals are like children - they depend on you for food, shelter, love, etc....definitely understandable to have the same feelings.

Warm wishes to you....
Posted By: Tbunny Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 08/03/10 04:24 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. We have house rabbits that I love dearly. We got our first one in '93 and have had rabbits ever since - all spayed/neuterd of course! Out of our original four (2 bonded pairs), only one is still living, she is 12! I have been completely devastated each time one has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.
Posted By: Kuriko89 Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 08/04/10 05:07 PM
I know how you feel. Me and hubbs own 2 guinea pigs, and 3 rats. We did have 22 rats when all 3 girls we had mated with the males. (Wasn't intentional. But we loved them babies!) We gave 11 away who were promptly adopted AS PETS thank the Lord a day later. Our oldest, Colonel was almost 3 when he crossed. That's old for a rat! He was the last one to go for now though, but its no less hard to bear. I remember when Shelly and Girly died. They both had terminal illnesses they got intrauterine from their parents but we loved 'em anyhow. 2 others I adopted out to a customer of mine who would come through my line a lot. (The lady named the Molly May and Minnie Mo.) She gave me updates all the time. (This was before I lost my job and lost all contact.) Regardless I remember bawling my eyes out when our little Shelly died. I didn't speak for 2 days and stayed in my room. We also adopted 3 older guinea pigs, one whom the owners weren't taking care of and had mange. (We kept him separate from the rest.) Toshi died 2 days later, Vince about 3 months after that, and Teddy Bear just last year. Teddy was almost 4 or 5 which is very good for a piggie but we still miss him. I cry thinking about it. (THAT'S probably PMS or something. I usually don't cry.) Then we owned mice who became cannibals even though they were well fed and well loved.) It happens. We recently adopted a little girl we named Ivory because she is an albino rat and looks and feels as soft as the soap. We got her for our little Izzy because she's such a good girl and deserved a companion. (She took it hard when her sister Shelly died.) The first day they were playing and grooming each other. Now they sleep curled up together, it's so cute. I can't forget either my ma's puppy Chico who we've had for 6 years now. He's my one and only. He was there when no one else was. I know it was a long story but sometimes it helps to hear the experiences of others. Just want you to know that yes, I have a heart, and yes I care. Just remember that all your past furbabies will be waiting for you, and one day down the road when you go to your great rewards they will be there greeting you for eternity.
Posted By: jeannie70 Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 08/06/10 10:13 PM
Thankyou kurico,

It's a comfort to hear your story.
I appreciate you and everyone else taking the time to support me.

Jeannie
Posted By: VirgoGirl Re: Lost my furbaby - devastated - 08/07/10 08:12 PM
Oh Jeannie- I know exactly how you feel. 2 years ago, I lost my beloved Loki, a brown mischievous Torti, to kidney failure. We spent years and lots of $$ getting to the point where we were ready to settle in for a long haul treatment, and we'd heard from people that you can keep cats alive for years with kidney failure. We had all the websites to get our supplies lined up, a good relationship with our vet, and then BOOM. Lokes decided that she just didn't want to fight any more. We have another lovely cute precocious kitty now, along with Loki's brother, but there will never be another Loki, and there is still a hole in my heart. My condolences on your loss. It does get better, I promise! Aren't they too cool not to have around? That's what I say to people who ask!
© BellaOnline Forums