logo

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Astronomy
5 hours ago

On this day in 2009 - May 18th - The final spacewalk to service the Hubble Space Telescope took place.

Amongst other things the astronauts installed some new instruments, made repairs to two instruments, replaced old batteries, and added new gyroscopes.
198 7,384 Read More
Christian Living
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
Thank you for the comments, Angie. My thoughts exactly.
You have been busy. The Holy Land trip would be amazing. I hope to go someday.
1 111 Read More
Christian Living
Yesterday at 05:06 PM
I leave these reminders on my refrigerator.

Life is unpredictable. We face real enemies, whether at the office dealing with competition and anger, or in a home office facing self-doubt or apathy, or in the back yard facing rodents and pestilence. Use this prayer as a reminder to begin each day with the power only God supplies.

POWER for Today
0 19 Read More
Astronomy
Yesterday at 09:29 AM

How does Earth compare to the Sun in size? Earth has been added to this ultraviolet image of the Sun at the correct scale. We can only see our home planet because it's labelled in big letters. It's a tiny dot that's been tucked into a solar prominence. That's the bright loop of gas that's extending outward from the Sun's surface.
2 126 Read More
Dreams
05/17/19 08:05 PM
Do animals dream? Studies show that animals that enter REM sleep mostly likely do.

It seems obvious to me that dogs dream because our dogs have always yipped and went through running motions as they slept. Sometimes, they would growl or wag their tails. We always watched in wonder, hoping they were having pleasant dreams.

Do you think YOUR dog or cat or pet dreams?
0 32 Read More
Dreams
05/17/19 07:50 PM
I always make it a point to ask people if they can share a dream they had. I hope you will share one of yours here with us!

Meanwhile, I can share with you another dream I have had recently about a house. Houses typically represent ourselves so it was interesting that in this dream, the house was quite unusual in the floor plan. One bedroom led to another wing which you had access to only through that one bedroom, etc.

The houses in my dreams can be slightly different but for a while I was seeing a particular house. It was big with two or three stories and very large and expansive inside with many rooms. I liked to have guests and visitors over so my sisters and their families are often in my dreams in my large house. I just recall how the floor plan was different.

Sometimes, access to huge other wings of the house was limited through a bedroom and I thought that it was inconvenient even in my dream.

I suppose, this reflects how I feel: I am different. Unusual even. I love my family, even my extended family, and they are in my home and heart all the time. However, some areas of myself, while inviting and open to guests, are not easy to access.

Wow, what a boring post. Sorry.
824 207,141 Read More
Dreams
05/17/19 07:38 PM
What did you dream last night? Honestly, the one dream I wanted to share just faded away so quickly that now, I cannot recall it. It wasn't anything Earth-shaking but still something I wanted to share with you all to illustrate how our waking life shapes our dreams. Instead, I will share some past dreams that have stayed with me forever.

I used to dream about being adrift at sea and surrounded by sharks. They were recurring dreams, very frightening ones. But here are some possible waking life situations that might have caused me to dream about sharks:

1. I was a little girl in Hawaii where the only serious predators were sharks. After all, we lived on an island surrounded by open ocean--and sharks. We often heard shark stories. Not just myths but also real life news about people getting attacked by sharks. So, this fear of sharks was imprinted upon my young mind.

2. As I grew up, I recall reading the Reader's Digest real life stories and the ones that really scared me as a child was the ones where people were adrift at sea, surrounded by sharks. Those stories terrified me! Have you heard about the worst shark attack in military history? https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-worst-shark-attack-in-history-25715092/

So it makes sense that anything potentially threatening to my young and growing mind always appeared as sharks in my dreams.

As an adult, I am no longer fearful of sharks. I've watched a lot of science documentaries about sharks and the nature of sharks, and knowledge is power. I also don't go into the open ocean. Not out of fear but usually seasickness!
2,815 2,052,567 Read More
Brand New Posts
2019: On this day . . .
by Mona - Astronomy. 05/19/19 09:29 AM
Eunice & Lois
by Lynne - ChristianLiving. 05/18/19 09:38 PM
A prayer to start the day
by Lynne - ChristianLiving. 05/18/19 05:06 PM
Our Sun – Quiz *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy. 05/18/19 09:29 AM
Does your dog/cat/pet dream?
by ChidoriDreams2. 05/17/19 08:05 PM
Did you dream last night?
by ChidoriDreams2. 05/17/19 07:50 PM
What did you dream about last night?
by ChidoriDreams2. 05/17/19 07:38 PM
Accomplish College Goals with ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading. 05/17/19 04:19 AM
IFC Films Announces New Streaming Service
by Angela - Drama Movies. 05/17/19 01:40 AM
May birthdays - astro women
by Mona - Astronomy. 05/16/19 07:40 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Channel List
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Sponsor

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.