logo

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Astronomy
1 hour ago

Many foods are associated with a traditional American Thanksgiving dinner. But what do you suppose would be on the menu for Thanksgiving in space? Would you have to squeeze turkey paste out of a tube and get gelatin-covered dessert cubes? No. Food has improved since the early days of space flight.

Thanksgiving in Space
0 9 Read More
Astronomy
2 hours ago
In 1781 William Herschel was the first person in history to discover a new planet. He was observing in the back garden of his home in Bath, England. The house where history was made is a museum and its new Caroline Lucretia Gallery is named for William's sister, the first woman to be credited with the discovery of a comet.

Herschel Museum of Astronomy
3 81 Read More
Astronomy
2 hours ago
On this day in 2005 – November 19th – the Hayabusa spacecraft of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) was the first to lift off from an asteroid.

It had collected a sample of material from near-Earth asteroid 25143 Itokawa, which it then returned to Earth.
449 39,172 Read More
Tea
9 hours ago
I've been ordering some of my tea from Red Rose but I do enjoy Bigelow and Twinings. I'm looking forward to the Christmas mints.
138 76,562 Read More
Daughters
10 hours ago
Absolutely! The sacrifices are huge - away from home and family for long periods and it is not glamping, that is for sure.
1 24 Read More
Drama Movies
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
The trailer is online for Asghar Farhadi's suspense drama "Everybody Knows", starring husband-and-wife team Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem. The film will be released in the US on February 8th. Based on the trailer, it looks like Cruz has the larger role, playing a woman whose past catches up with her when she attends a family wedding in Spain. Everybody Knows Official Trailer
0 12 Read More
Tea
Yesterday at 07:40 PM
Dear Michelle,

That's fantastic! I have truly found writing to be very cathartic for me. Now if only there was some type of procrastination drug that would kick me in the butt because staying motivated is the hardest part. Best wishes to you fellow writer and editor in your journey ahead.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
37 9,758 Read More
Buddhism
Yesterday at 12:27 PM
Hi I am 'Kopila' from Nepal, the birth place of Buddha and the Buddhist philosophy.
I am an agnostic so far by belief and I am still researching / learning more about Buddhism. In Kathmandu, we have Vajrayana Buddhism and Hindu Tantra mixed up making it very unique and complicated. Recently it has also become learning centre of Tibetan Buddhism.
Being in Nepal and the Himalayas, we see, hear and come across rituals and practices all the time. I am always curious and every time I learn more. So I never leave a chance to learn either it is internet or real life.
I hope to hear great stuffs from people around the world.
16 36,214 Read More
Daughters
Yesterday at 04:14 AM
Hey Angie,

It's good to see you are taking precautions for the season, thanks for dropping by.
2 110 Read More
Holiday/Seasonal Cooking
Yesterday at 01:31 AM
Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Do you serve family favorites? I'm not a big turkey fan but we will have turkey this year. I will prepare sweet potato souffle and Watergate salad. My daughter likes green bean casserole but I like creamed corn. There was a request for pecan pie this year too.

What are your favorites?
0 16 Read More
Nonfiction Writing
Yesterday at 01:21 AM
Nancy, I know this is an old post but the best thing to do is write about a person's life - their accomplishments. As records are collected, stories around the records are written. For example, if a person was in the military, the story can include when the person served, where, who they may have served with, if they were wounded, medals received, and some other historical facts. The story doesn't have to be dark. We just celebrated the end of WWI and our society traced the stories of a number of the service men who came from this county.
5 2,667 Read More
Knitting
Yesterday at 01:06 AM
I have on occasion knit a dishcloth and scarves but prefer to crochet.
1 40 Read More
Drama Movies
11/18/18 11:47 PM
American screenwriter William Goldman passed away on Friday, November 16th. He was 87. Goldman won Oscars for "All the President's Men" and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". He, in fact, wrote five of Robert Redford's films so it's strange that the actor has yet to comment on Goldman's passing. Goldman wrote a memoir/screenwriting manual in the 80s titled "Adventures in the Screen Trade" which contained his comforting maxim regarding Hollywood - "Nobody knows anything."
0 23 Read More
Drama Movies
11/18/18 11:17 PM
Update: A diverse group of filmmakers including Ana Lily Amirpour, Barry Jenkins, Barbra Streisand, and Christopher Nolan lobbied Warner Bros. against shutting down Filmstruck and reducing access to classic films. Their voices were heard because on Friday, Warner and Criterion announced that in Spring of 2019, the Criterion Channel will launch. The streaming site will feature the Criterion Collection and films from the WarnerMedia library. The special programming that Filmstruck offered will continue on the new site, including original documentaries, filmmaker spotlights, and actor retrospectives.
1 80 Read More
Short Stories
11/18/18 10:30 PM
Congratulations Korie - I am almost to 25,000. You are right, it's a beast!
2 75 Read More
Astronomy
11/18/18 12:30 PM
Through a telescope the nebula Sharpless 2-190 in Cassiopeia resembles a running dog (to some people). Artist Samuel Freedman has made a painting of the Running Dog Nebula.
4 166 Read More
Yoga
11/18/18 02:18 AM
Yogi/nis, do you swim?

Swimmers, do you practice yoga?

What d you think of the combination?
0 25 Read More
Christian Living
11/17/18 03:21 PM
Sanctified by God's Word

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 ESV
1 176 Read More
Military Families
11/16/18 01:59 AM
We celebrated Veterans Day in a big way this year as it was combined with the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI.
0 33 Read More
Irish Culture
11/16/18 01:53 AM
We were in Ireland in September - immersed in Irish Culture. We traveled from Dublin to Cobh, to Ring of Kerry, the Aran Islands, Derry, back to Dublin. There were 8 of us and we traveled in two vans. What a wonderful trip!
3 1,495 Read More
Catholicism
11/16/18 01:50 AM
We finished our study of Mark. We may tackle Luke next. Another book of interest is The Real Story, Understanding the Big Picture of the Bible by Edward Sri and Curtis Martin.
3 482 Read More
Genealogy
11/16/18 01:47 AM
Have you taken a DNA test?
2 140 Read More
Shareware
11/16/18 01:46 AM
I still like Libre Office but a lot of people are using documents on Google Drive. I know the schools are doing this and the students write their homework/papers, etc and they are filed in the homework folder so that the teacher can access them.
1 311 Read More
Suspense Thriller Books
11/16/18 01:44 AM
Books are still popular; I read paper books and well as digital; however, I prefer paper. Young people do like paper books but so many order on amazon. I have audible books as well and the question popped up about merging my Audible account with my Amazon account. Amazon is aptly named. It is Huge, like the Amazon River.
3 1,211 Read More
Life Coaching
11/16/18 01:41 AM
The ladies from our Bible Study group were over this morning. Although generally 8 of us, today there were only 3 but we had coffee and a sweet and lots of discussion.
1 271 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Brand New Posts
Thanksgiving in Space
by Mona - Astronomy. Astronomy
11/20/18 10:21 AM
Happy Birthday, William Herschel
11/20/18 09:48 AM
2018: On this day . . .
11/20/18 09:16 AM
Tidbits on Tea
by Angie. Tea
11/20/18 02:02 AM
Thank you Servicemen and Women
by Angie. Daughters
11/20/18 01:53 AM
Everybody Knows Trailer with Cruz and Bardem
by Angela - Drama Movies. Drama Movies
11/19/18 10:27 PM
Personal Goals
by mary-tea1. Tea
11/19/18 07:40 PM
Forum Guidelines and Welcome Thread - PLEASE READ
by iTourNepal. Buddhism
11/19/18 12:27 PM
Cold and flu season
by Tuculia. Daughters
11/19/18 04:14 AM
Thanksgiving 2018
by Angie. Holiday/Seasonal Cooking
11/19/18 01:31 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Channel List
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Sponsor

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.