logo

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Astronomy
7 hours ago

On this day in 1921 - July 19th - Edward Pickering was born.

Pickering was the director of Harvard College Observatory who hired the women assistants (computers), and who modernized the observatory's work in astronomy by the use of photography.
284 12,962 Read More
Drama Movies
Yesterday at 08:45 PM
Update: The opening night film for the Venice Film Festival was announced today; "The Truth", from writer-director Hirokazu Kore-eda. "The Truth" stars Catherine Deneuve as a celebrated actress (I wonder if the role was written for her) and Juliette Binoche as her daughter. Ethan Hawke plays the son-in-law.

Also, a new 4K restoration of the 1933 Hedy Lamarr film "Ecstasy" will be screened the night before the fest officially opens.
1 137 Read More
Drama Movies
Yesterday at 08:28 PM
Actress and producer Sally Field is one of five new recipients of the Kennedy Center Honors. (The others are conductor Michael Tilson Thomas, Linda Ronstadt, the band Earth, Wind & Fire, and "Sesame Street".) The Honors Gala will be broadcast on CBS on Sunday, Dec. 15th. Field's latest project is "Dispatches from Elsewhere", a television anthology series set to air in 2020.
0 171 Read More
Yoga
07/16/19 08:30 PM
So much inspiration here, I don't know where to start. Do you know this man and his ideas?
0 332 Read More
Knitting
07/16/19 08:25 PM
My cousin just had a baby, and so I am thinking about knitting for the wee one. Do you knit for children and babies?
0 324 Read More
Astronomy
07/16/19 09:37 AM
There is a partial lunar eclipse tonight - a nice little commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11! Alas, besides only being partial, it won't be widely visible. But if you want to find out if you'll be able to see it, just check your location on timeanddate.com.
19 2,582 Read More
Astronomy
07/16/19 09:27 AM

Johannes Kepler's book with his observations on the 1604 supernova was titled De Stella Nova in Pede Serpentarii [On the New Star in Ophiuchus's Foot]. Here's a copy of his drawing showing the location of the supernova. It's a bit difficult to see, but you'll have guessed where it is from the book's title! It's marked with an "N" on Ophiuchus's right foot.
1 353 Read More
Drama Movies
07/15/19 10:18 PM
Writer-director Damien Chazelle's latest feature film project is "Babylon", a period drama that is set at the moment when movies were transitioning to sound. Emma Stone and Brad Pitt are possible leads for the pic. I'm not a fan of Chazelle's "Whiplash", but am looking forward to "Babylon" if it doesn't mock the incredible artistry of silents (i.e. "Singin' in the Rain" and "Valentino").
0 474 Read More
Tea
07/15/19 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by mary-tea1
Dear Tea Readers,

Here's a cute tea quote:

Drink Tea
Read Books
Be Happy

I resemble this quote! :)

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

ME TOO!
13 3,672 Read More
Christian Living
07/15/19 12:35 AM
That was the line, Lynne.
4 498 Read More
Astronomy
07/14/19 06:53 PM
Today - July 14th - is Bastille Day in France. But for astronomy buffs, it's also the 4th anniversary of the New Horizons flyby of Pluto on July 14, 2015.
7 923 Read More
Natural Living
07/14/19 02:31 AM
Are you a new parent? There are so many baby products to choose from, it can be hard to pick the right items for your baby's care! Here's a look at some of the best eco friendly products for your newborn.

Try These Eco-Friendly Baby Products!

Let me know what you think by replying to this thread!
0 704 Read More
Tea
07/13/19 09:36 PM
Dear Tea Readers,

The Celestial Seasonings Tea company has a promotion going on currently. Look for specially marked boxes of tea to also contain a free lip balm! The company claims they're giving out free TLC for your lips. If you're like me, you love getting little teeny freebies like this!

Have a great day!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
28 7,603 Read More
Tea
07/13/19 09:31 PM
Dear Tea Readers

Celestial Seasonings Tea is coming out with another new line of tea. This line is called TEA WeLL it is organic teas that have four varieties, each one will also contain what the company is calling a " Daily Wellness Core" inside of the tea. The company feels these are innovative new blends that will reshape their wellness tea.

The Daily Wellness Core will consist of: antioxidant support which is green rooibos tea
immune support which is elderberry
digestion dandelion root
mental vitality Panax ginseng
the new blends are Organic Honey Lemon, Organic Lemon Chamomile, Organic Matcha Green, and Organic Ginger Mint

Look in your coupon sections, the company has issued a $1.00 off coupon. *** If you go to their website, you can sign up for their email and they will issue a 10% off coupon, there is also a customer care page, where you can send an email. or call a customer care line with any questions you may have. www.celestialseasonings(dot)com

They do sound innovative and I do see that they are trying to address the trends in tea. But as editor here I just want to remind everyone that one should always seek out their doctor's advice regarding the use of herbs and fruits or extracts. At times your medications may interact. It is good to check just to be safe.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
140 83,198 Read More
American Regional Cuisine
07/13/19 12:23 PM
Orotund an adjective from WordGenius:

Full, powerful sound
or
Pompous
16 7,275 Read More
Natural Living
07/13/19 03:11 AM
Agriculture doesn't need to be a solitary pursuit. Communities that are able to work the soil together develop bonds not only with each other, but with the earth. Here's a look at what community sponsored agriculture is and how we can all benefit from it.

What is Community Sponsored Agriculture?
0 147 Read More
Drama Movies
07/12/19 11:20 PM
"The Farewell", starring Awkwafina, opens today. Here is a quote from the film's writer-director Lulu Wang.

"I don’t know how to make an Asian American film. You know what I mean? So as I’m approaching the writing and the directing, all I can say is I have to hang onto the textures of this family, of this life, of the locations that I know so well, but I’m not going into it thinking how do I make it more Asian, more Asian American, more American. I had to lose all of those labels and make it, as any filmmaker who’s making a film about family would, just about family, about humans, about a relationship between a granddaughter and her grandmother."
22 4,273 Read More
Brand New Posts
2019: On this day . . .
by Mona - Astronomy. 07/19/19 09:29 AM
Lucrecia Martel to Head Jury at Venice Film Fest
by Angela - Drama Movies. 07/18/19 08:45 PM
Sally Field 2019 Kennedy Center Honors Recipient
by Angela - Drama Movies. 07/18/19 08:28 PM
Yogi Bhajan
by Korie - Folklore//Knitting/Yoga Editor. 07/16/19 08:30 PM
Knitted Layettes
by Korie - Folklore//Knitting/Yoga Editor. 07/16/19 08:25 PM
Look up in 2019!
by Mona - Astronomy. 07/16/19 09:37 AM
Ophiuchus – the Tour *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy. 07/16/19 09:27 AM
New Pic About Early Hollywood From Damien Chazelle
by Angela - Drama Movies. 07/15/19 10:18 PM
Tea Quotes
by Angie. 07/15/19 12:38 AM
Looking for a miracle
by Angie. 07/15/19 12:35 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Channel List
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Sponsor

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.