logo

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Yoga
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
So much inspiration here, I don't know where to start. Do you know this man and his ideas?
0 44 Read More
Knitting
Yesterday at 08:25 PM
My cousin just had a baby, and so I am thinking about knitting for the wee one. Do you knit for children and babies?
0 44 Read More
Drama Movies
07/15/19 10:18 PM
Writer-director Damien Chazelle's latest feature film project is "Babylon", a period drama that is set at the moment when movies were transitioning to sound. Emma Stone and Brad Pitt are possible leads for the pic. I'm not a fan of Chazelle's "Whiplash", but am looking forward to "Babylon" if it doesn't mock the incredible artistry of silents (i.e. "Singin' in the Rain" and "Valentino").
0 102 Read More
Natural Living
07/14/19 02:31 AM
Are you a new parent? There are so many baby products to choose from, it can be hard to pick the right items for your baby's care! Here's a look at some of the best eco friendly products for your newborn.

Try These Eco-Friendly Baby Products!

Let me know what you think by replying to this thread!
0 372 Read More
Natural Living
07/13/19 03:11 AM
Agriculture doesn't need to be a solitary pursuit. Communities that are able to work the soil together develop bonds not only with each other, but with the earth. Here's a look at what community sponsored agriculture is and how we can all benefit from it.

What is Community Sponsored Agriculture?
0 141 Read More
Digital Art and Design
07/12/19 05:38 AM
The most popular digital note taking app for the iPad is GoodNotes. So, most artists create their planners and stickers to work in GoodNotes. So how does this work?

Digital Planners, Photoshop to Keynote
0 141 Read More
Drama Movies
07/11/19 09:46 PM
A new feature film from Netflix, "Mank", will have Gary Oldman playing screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz. Mankiewicz wrote "The Pride of the Yankees" (1942) among other films, but is known primarily as the co-writer of Orson Welles's "Citizen Kane". The extent of Mank's contribution has been the subject of controversy with Welles having to defend himself against charges that Mank was wholly responsible for the screenplay of "Kane". (The fact that Mank's subsequent work never reached the heights of "Citizen Kane" speaks for itself, I think.) This new movie is being directed by David Fincher (in black-and-white) from a screenplay written by his father.
0 128 Read More
Sewing
07/10/19 11:22 PM
How is your sewing going? Are your current sewing projects sparked by thoughts of seasonal store promotions for Christmas in July, gift needed for an upcoming New Grad, dorm room ideas for Off to College, or school necessities for K-12 Back to School?

Seasonal Sewing Round-up
0 168 Read More
Drama Movies
07/10/19 09:39 PM
Sophia Loren is making her first feature film in a decade. A remake of the 1977 film "Madame Rosa", the new film is titled "The Life Ahead" and is directed by Loren's son, Edoardo Ponti. Loren plays a Holocaust survivor who befriends a young Senegalese immigrant. The film is currently shooting in Italy with no release date scheduled yet.
0 183 Read More
Home Cooking
07/08/19 11:03 PM
I tried something a little different tonight. Three thin, boneless pork chops slightly browned on each side in a skillet.
In a Corningware pan or use an oven proof skillet, place chops on top of two apples peeled and cored and cut up (I use a corer which does two things at one time, cut up into eighths and cores) dusted with brown sugar and cinnamon.
Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. (This takes longer if you use thicker chops with the bone in).

Serves 3 (add chops if someone wants two pork chops)
0 329 Read More
Catholicism
07/06/19 10:45 PM
Early March and Lent found my husband and me in the Holy Land on a pilgrimage. This trip was awesome. We were there for about 10 days. This was a remarkable way to be on a Lenten journey. To walk in the Lord's footsteps and be in the places mentioned in the Bible. Just awesome.

After coming home for about two weeks from the Holy Land, we flew to Sydney Australia and boarded a Princess ship. We were in four ports in New Zealand and then we were in Papeete Tahiti for Easter Sunday. We arrived there about an hour before Mass began. A number of us left the ship as soon as we could and hurried to the church which was about two blocks away from the port. It was standing room only. The Mass was in French but the beauty of the Catholic Church is that no matter where you are in the world, Mass is the same even though the language is not. There was a Baptism and First Communion celebrated at the Mass.

This Lent my Bible group read a chapter of John each day beginning on April 1st. There were 21 chapters and Easter was the 21st of April. Reading John after having been in the Holy Land was for me experiencing the entire of the story.
0 377 Read More
Genealogy
07/06/19 10:31 PM
We had our 1st of the month roundtable today. In honor of July 4th we discussed Fold3. We went around the table and looked up an ancestor or two and discussed the features of the Fold3 service. Fold3 is part of the Ancestry.com line of products.
0 392 Read More
Home Cooking
07/06/19 01:50 PM
Last night I made sure I used the small eggplant that I had purchased at the produce stand. There are only three of us here.

I sliced it lengthwise in 1/2 inch slices (trimmed off a little of the skin on the end slices)
brushed both sides with olive oil
broiled each side for about 5 minutes
brushed tomato sauce on the slices
put sliced mozzarella cheese on each slice

baked in the oven until the cheese was melted (this last part I had placed something else in the oven so I baked them)

Alone (even at 5 slices) it would have made a complete dinner.
0 46 Read More
Yoga
07/05/19 09:37 PM
These past two weeks, I've had a cold that turned into bronchitis. Knowing that my practice is more than asana has really helped. What is your experience?
0 79 Read More
Knitting
07/05/19 08:57 PM
This is some of the nicest silk/linen blend I've ever knit with, but I must admit that 100% plant fibers can be hard on my hands. What's your experience?
0 67 Read More
Sewing
07/04/19 12:10 AM
Summer and backyard BBQ parties go hand in hand. Good food, family and friends, and happy conversations. When there is little time or budget to plan for inspired theme decorations, let just a few cotton gingham prints, denim scraps, or colorful paisley bandanas add to the party atmosphere.

Last Minute Fabric Decor for BBQ Parties
0 145 Read More
Drama Movies
07/03/19 08:29 PM
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has invited 842 filmmakers to join their organization; and 50% of the new members are female. Among the new class of directors are Jennifer Kent ("The Nightingale"), Melanie Laurent ("Galveston"), Nisha Ganatra ("Late Night"), and Liza Johnson ("Elvis & Nixon"). Cinematographers Carolina Costa and Svetlana Cvetko also made the cut.
0 329 Read More
Sandwiches
06/29/19 09:41 PM
Are you ready for tomato time?

With fresh from the garden tomatoes, a tomato on a sandwich doesn't need to be a sadly pale slice. It can be bright red and bursting with flavor. Thickly sliced fresh tomato on white bread with mayo is taste bud heaven! Below, there are a dozen tasty sandwiches made with tomatoes. Summer tomatoes!

12 Fresh Tomato Sandwich Ideas
0 718 Read More
Knitting
06/29/19 06:53 PM
Have you tried this luxury brand?
0 678 Read More
Sewing
06/29/19 02:01 PM
Wonderful carefully laid out fabric – check, perfect pattern already chosen – check, sewing machine threaded and ready to go – check, scissors, pins and tape measure within easy reach – check, then ready, set, make it sew, but wait – is anything missing?

Make It Sew – Easier
0 114 Read More
Drama Movies
06/26/19 10:30 PM
Argentine director Lucrecia Martel has been appointed jury president for the 76th annual Venice Film Festival. Martel said, “It’s an honor, a responsibility, and a pleasure to be a part of this celebration of cinema, of humanity’s immense desire to understand itself.” You can read my review of Martel's stunning debut feature on the Drama Movies site. La Cienaga Film Review

Filmmaker Pedro Almodovar is being awarded the festival's Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement prize. The fest runs August 28th through September 7th.
0 81 Read More
Digital Art and Design
06/25/19 03:49 AM
We will continue discussing the sticker kit for a digital planner and the items that are included in the kit. As we have learned in the last article, with the monthly and weekly calendar spreads, you have many boxes just waiting to be filled. So what stickers are most often placed in these boxes.

Planner Sticker Kit - Boxes
0 259 Read More
Digital Art and Design
06/25/19 03:22 AM
In this tutorial, we will complete our gingerbread man illustration in Rebelle. We have finished the digital watercolor steps to create the gingerbread man using a stencil.

Gingerbread Man in Rebelle Add Details
0 264 Read More
Digital Art and Design
06/25/19 03:21 AM
When it comes to digital planners, one popular product on Etsy and other marketplaces is the Sticker Kit. These kits have many themes, such as monthly, holiday, budget, tasks and fitness. These kits have common stickers. In the next few tutorials, let's take a look at a few of the most common.

Planner Sticker Kit - Headers and Covers
0 251 Read More
Digital Art and Design
06/25/19 03:20 AM
Digital stickers for digital planners and BuJos are a popular item to sell on marketplaces for creatives, such as Etsy and Creative Market. In this article, we will discuss some of the most popular digital items found on these marketplaces.

Digtital Planner Accessories
0 244 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Brand New Posts
2019: On this day . . .
by Mona - Astronomy. 07/17/19 09:45 AM
Yogi Bhajan
by Korie - Folklore//Knitting/Yoga Editor. 07/16/19 08:30 PM
Knitted Layettes
by Korie - Folklore//Knitting/Yoga Editor. 07/16/19 08:25 PM
Look up in 2019!
by Mona - Astronomy. 07/16/19 09:37 AM
Ophiuchus – the Tour *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy. 07/16/19 09:27 AM
New Pic About Early Hollywood From Damien Chazelle
by Angela - Drama Movies. 07/15/19 10:18 PM
Tea Quotes
by Angie. 07/15/19 12:38 AM
Looking for a miracle
by Angie. 07/15/19 12:35 AM
Pluto - Names and Places
by Mona - Astronomy. 07/14/19 06:53 PM
Try These Eco Friendly Baby Products
by Katherine - Natural Living. 07/14/19 02:31 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Channel List
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Sponsor

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.