K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
How are you doing in the Coronavoid?

"....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - John Lennon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Hi Korie,

I'm doing a LOT of knitting these days. I guess, finally, I can justify my substantial stash, eh? I literally could shelter-in-place and knit for months and not run out of yarn.Heck, even if I did manage to run out of yarn, I have my spinning wheel and plenty of fleece and fiber. I'm good. :)

Obviously, I'm trying hard to put a "good face" on things ... in reality, I'm high-risk due to age, and live with a spouse who is much higher risk due to age, diabetes, high blood pressure and other issues. We went into lock-down 10 days ago and have only left the house once (to fill a prescription) since then. My hubby is going stir-crazy. I told him I'd teach him to knit ... I don't think he was amused.

How about you?

K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
Very similar. I am going through my stash, finishing up UFO's, and appreciating why I started knitting in the first place!

Where in Alaska are you? I'm in the 'burbs of Los Angeles.

"....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - John Lennon
D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
I'm out in the Matanuska Valley, about an hour's drive north of Anchorage. It's a beautiful area. We live on 15 acres of wooded land, with our small house perched on a hillside with a nice view out over the valley.

Right now, we're finally seeing signs of winter giving way to "break up" ... there is hope we'll eventually make it to spring.

I grew up in southern California (left when was 28) - I still have one sister living in Burbank. Too many people down there for me! wink

K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
Knitting seems to be a very good idea to do these days. I can imagine it very calming. Surely relieves the stress from these scary times. Come to think of it, this coronavirus did a lot of good things, getting us back to our inner peace.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
I want to come visit the Mat-Su soon. I have a college friend in Anchorage, and would love to actually see Denali in person! I was in Alaska on a cruise in 2010 and loved it. Great small yarn companies, great knitting traditions! So much easier to wear knitted clothing....

K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
It surely is. My knitting and writing have kept me sane over the last month!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.