Print Thread
Page 1 of 194 1 2 3 193 194
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
UPDATE ON THIS THREAD:

This thread was originally begun in the Low Carb forum area explicitly to help people eat a more low carb diet plan.

Over time Nancy Roussy began to use it primarily to track her daily eating log.

Nancy DOES NOT eat a low carb diet. Nancy eats in a way which is extremely high in carbs and sugars, while being low on nutrition.

Therefore we have moved this entire thread to the generic Home Cooking area. This is the forum area about all various styles of home cooking. This is the proper area to feature Nancy's chosen style of diet.

Ask with any questions!

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 07/26/18 11:35 PM. Reason: moving the thread for content reasons

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Lisa,

My menu varies and is very irregular.

Breakfast for example - every day last week I had an english muffin and a slice of ham steak for breakfast. I didn't have a chance to go grocery shopping when we got back last night so this morning, I had a slice of leftover turkey, some string beans and a bit of mac and cheese.

Lunch is all over the place - if I was in my office all day I have soup and something (sandwhich or salad). If I have morning and afternoon meetings I will have a regular size hamburger, small fries and small diet coke, that I eat as I drive from one side of the County to the other.

Dinner - I might have fish for one or two nights. At least one night of fast food - for example, Thursday night I was trying to clean the house and pack so we could go away for the weekend so I had combination fried rice (I know, not a great choice).

I had salad one night when the kids had hamburger helper stroganoff (which is a favorite of mine...LOL)

As I continue to run and prepare to run more races, I'm hoping to get better - no - I WILL get better.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi there. Lisa, studies show that those who routinize their meals tend to keep their weight under control. One of the risks, however, is that the limited variety of foods can lead to nutrient deprivation.

That's not your problem as you supplement with multi-vitamins, minerals and fiber. smile

I do need variety as I get bored with the same same same. Making menus ahead of time is useless as I often veer from the plans at the last minute. I feel suffocated by schedules and routine!

Because of this, my nutrition is unbalanced. If I can't do routine, I at least need to muster up the courage to keep an online public food journal to keep me on track and accountable. I was afraid of not only humiliating myself but deterring others from their low carb goals with all of my high carb posts!

But so far, posting my exercise efforts in the Exercise forum is paying off. Maybe I'll post my food journal somewhere.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
N
N
I lost my job in July of 2009 and slowly I've become lazy so I go to bed late and wake up late which means that I eat at different times and since I don't eat healthy to start with my diet has become worst so I take complete vitamins before my breakfast and two calciums during the day.

Soon I will stop being so lazy, I will get up at a normal time (even when i get to bed late) and with that I will be able to start having a more normal breakfast and eat a dinner and supper at normal times. Until I'm used to it again I may continue eating badly so if I do that I'll continue taking vitamins and calcium.

When I used to eat three meals a day on normal times I was eating complete meals so I had all my vitamins and calcium with the food I ate.

I'm lucky that doing that only brought me a small tummy (which im happy to say is almost all gone now...started exicising again last year...never skip an exercise at least).

I never counted the fat, sugar, salt and calories and never ate and drank low and no fat, sugar, salt and calories food but at least I was eating better than I have been for about two years.

I have many kitchen appliances that I have yet to use (griddle, steam cooker, etc...) and I am writing down all the menus I can make with them, like that you can make the same thing but cooked differently so there's no way you can get bored with what you eat.

I think I'll come back here every day when I will start eating normally (well at least at normal times at first..haha). Just writing all my dreams and writing what I spend money on has been helping me so that may too (for my exercises i wait until im done with 1 to go post about it).

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne -

That's a shame that you have to eat while you drive! Does your work not give you enough time to sit somewhere and eat in relaxation?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lori -

You definitely want a routine, but it doesn't have to mean the same food every day! Eating a healthy balanced meal for dinner is a routine. You can still have an entirely new meal every single day smile.

You're welcome to post your food journal here if you'd want, we are happy to provide cheerleading! Definitely it helps to journal, however you do it.

Even if you cook ahead, you could just cook a "roast chicken" ahead and then use that meat in an enormous variety of ways with wildly different flavors smile.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Nancy -

I know I'm biased here, but I don't think it matters when you wake up smile. It only matters that you eat good meals. I can wake up at 2pm and I have my breakfast. It's what I do when I wake up. Then in a few hours I have lunch. It doesn't matter what the clock says, it only matters what my body needs.

Ignore the clock! Eat healthy based on your own body's rhythms.

Start simple. Start with breakfast. What would some good breakfasts be that you'd want to eat when you wake up, whenever that is?

Low Carb Forum
N
N
Hi Lisa!

A good breakfast for me is something that will keep me from being hungry for a few hours. The past few months I only eat one or two or thre toasts so in less than one hour most of the times I am hungry again.

When I was having a normal routine I would eat eggs with other things (bacon or/and potatoes or/and english muffin or/and etc...and i would also sometimes finish with a fruit).

I too think that the times do not matter but the times I have been waking up keep on changing so I cannot get into a normal routine. Plus now I don't want to get to bed even when I have to get up early.

Two days ago it was passed 10:00 when I went to bed so it was 20:00 when I got up. Today it was passed 9:00 when going to bed and 19:00 when I got up. That was the plan I came up with to stop myself from not wanting to go to bed and I think it's working. By the end of next week I should be able to get up at 10:00.

It started when I moved with taking a few minutes to get up then it went to an half hour then one hour and last year it was three hours and now it's I can't go to bed, and the worst is that I only now go outside for an appointment so I'm also stuck in the house.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Thank you, Lisa. I will do it.

Posting in the exercise forum has had a tremendous positive effect. The number one thing I have a problem with is consistency. I'm working on small but doable steps with exercise. At this point, I'm working on just getting out the door every day for a walk/run (1, 2, 3 miles, depending).

This one little step has started the ball rolling towards more healthful habits. Choosing better foods is what my daughter and I are working on.

I was too intimidated to start a food journal online. It's so...public. And I didn't want to be humiliated if I failed.

You're right about reframing how I define the word "routine" because it just means consistent behavior. One can have an exciting routine (although in the past, it was an oxymoron to me!)

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Nancy -

OK if you are trying to break a habit of lying in bed for hours then maybe shaking things up with be what you need to help out smile. I'm all for changing things around if you want! And some people do react well to that morning sunshine and having a sunny day before them.

Are there other things you can build into your schedule, to lure you out, that you'd like doing? A local library to visit? A local park to walk in?

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 194 1 2 3 193 194

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.