logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 72 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 71 72
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
smile

Such as life... the mystery and magic must go on with or without.

Societal Responsiblity and culpability seem to be a mist of former days...

But each heartbeat and breath is precious.

So hard to be unselfish in a I, Me, Me world -- yet I like to keep a clear conscious, because I have seen the bitter and the sweet and what ye sow ye shall reap irregardless of human opinion.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hiya,

Wonder about the $550 Powerball winners - woodenitbenice if they did somethng like that for somebody somewhere in America?

A Pay-it-forward thang may begin to be fashionable and start to spread worldwide?

Okay Okay, so rose-tinted specs are really and naively old-fashioned!

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I never took off my rose colored glasses !

Naive but hopeful and glad -- it's all funny money anyway.

Fiat currency created electronically.

But hold fast and keep your chin up !!

Old fashioned is beautiful -- we hold the balance.

Cheers,

Burt B.

Blessed Be.

Burt B. #795530 12/07/12 04:05 PM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Old fashioned is indeed beautiful, Burt, and quite my preference.

Cheers!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
This is really wierd, to me anyway...

The only thing I get out of this is, why would the state of TX go to the extreme of wanting to secede (Sp). I stink at spelling, let along writing.

If states are pushing, feeling, or there's a sense of Spirit (collective) moving away from the current energy...wouldn't it make sense to investigate, the emotions of it as to, why?

I'm just beginning to actually, do that. So I can't preach. It's been about 2 weeks I think. I'd have to go back and check.

If this were a "mutual fund" graph, I'd take a hard look as to what we as a collective are experiencing....still have to look into this more, though.

But, I think the Spirit behind such a movement...well, it seems to signify something genuine (Truth-eyes).

Don't know the details though, still trying. It's kind of overwhelming for me...I pretty much live like"No-Eyes" Mary Summer Rain (for anyone who knows or has read just whatever...) I/we, really live like that and it's kind of fascinating how we do that. Has to do w/nuts, oats, making bread by hand, the woods, etc..

But really, as of now, it feels like a way, under these conditions, people feel, they can express themselves; peacefully/without violence,yet making a stand.

That's as far as I've gotten, though. Sometimes I feel my head's about ready to explode, lol.

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 12/08/12 02:58 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Some people go overboard in using COLLECTIVE NOUNS to the degree that I believe that there should be a seperate Axis in The DSM-IV under the Diagonosis of CND-Collective Nounsense Disorder. In the name of Great Caesar's Ghost what the heck are a CONGRESS OF BABOONS, A CURSE OF PAINTERS, A FLING OF DUNLINS or A BANNER OF KNIGHTS anyways?

However, since my brain has become inundated with a BESIEGE of COLLECTIVE NOUNS, I have become uncontrollably compelled to provide a few for Random Thoughts.

So, in keeping with the A/A theme in a couple of ways, here are a few atheistic-centered collective nouns.

A ARROGANCE OF ATHEISTS
A ATTITUDE OF ATHEISTS
A ALL-KNOWINGNESS OF ATHEISTS
A ABSOLUTE OF ATHEISTS
A AGGRESSIVENESS OF ATHEISTS
A AXE-TO-GRIND OF ATHEISTS
A ABHORANCE OF ATHEISTS
A ANACHRONISM OF ATHEISTS
A ACIDITY OF ATHEISTS
A ARMAGEDDON OF ATHEISTS

Who said that the A/A COLLECTIVE NOUNS had to make sense?

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Time to give AGNOSTICS their own multiple billings, deserved or not:

A ANARCHY of AGNOSTICS
A AURA OF AGNOSTICS
A ABSOLUTION OF AGNOSTICS
A ANSWER OF AGNOSTICS
A AVOIDANCE OF AGNOSTICS
A ASTERISK OF AGNOSTICS
A ACADEMY OF AGNOSTICS
A ACCUSATION OF AGNOSTICS
A ALLOWANCE of AGNOSTICS
A ANOMIE OF AGNOSTICS

Coming next (or probably not) a listing of strange/weird/irrelevant/bizarre holidays celebrated by A/A's.

Last edited by Les-Mexico; 12/14/12 09:23 AM.
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Life's mysteries certainly are ponderable if not decipherable, such as the meaning of life, the exact means and time in which the Universe came into being, what it means to cease to exist for eternity and the ability to have an understanding of infinity.

Yet, perhaps all of these numerous decades I have been wasting my time in trying to explore and/or come to terms with all of the above concepts as I have not been spending any time ruminating about the real BIG picture.

So, what I really NEED to know is how much time expires to the millisecond each time that someone, anonymous or not, views the Random Thoughts thread. Yet, I lay awake at night TOSSING and turning as I become chillingly aware that I may not have it within my means ever to be privy to such crucial, life altering information. Not knowing such information, how can my existence be validated?

Last edited by Les-Mexico; 12/17/12 05:54 PM.
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
How to rid one's self of suffering?

In a earth-bound manner, by resisting to read the vast majority of forum threads.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Ponderings as the New Year approaches...

The earth is believed to be 4,540,000,000 years old
If someone is 50 years old then they have been on the planet for
0.0000011013215859030837 percent of its existence.

if you live to be 100 years old your percentage of existence on the planet increases to 0.0000022026431718061673 percent.

Samples of Arizona petrified wood that I have in my collection are approximately 225,000,000 years old. They have been in that fossilized form for just about 5% of the earth's existence.

Using the earth's age as a standard, we are all quite young and not getting much older by the year.

Happy New Year!

Page 32 of 72 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 71 72

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.