logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
Hey the actor in this movie is really very handsome. I liked this movie a lot. Even there are TV serials which are coming on the same script. The new concept has worked for them again.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
She's definitely a vessel -- good descriptive.

Rosemary: Isn't the movie made from the screenplay? Aren't screenplays the bridge between the novels and the movies? It must still be quite different from the book, no?

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Well of course, Screenlays are, as you say Moe, the bridge between the novel and the book. I was saying though, comparatively speaking, Rosemary is near identical to the book - there is only one small thing changed at the end, because it would have looked silly. It just proves that novels/screenplays can stay completley true to the book. For example, even the decoration of the apartments, the clothes they're wearing, the exact words are all the same - it's great smile Though it is a rare thing.

I thought that 'Interview with The Vampire' was quite true to the book as well, though nowhere near as close in detail etc.

Barney, the TV show's you're discussing were already successful novels and were written before Twilight, so I don't think they have anything to do with one another as they're all so vastly different IMO. I don't think the Vampire craze has ever gone away - women, especially, seem to love the concept. I find it funny how you mention the attractive men first LOL smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well the movie was nothing that I "wanted" to see until someone recommended it. After I saw the movie, I wanted to to read the book.

I really enjoyed the movies (both 1 and 2). Bella is super annoying but like Moe said, you tolerate her because of Edward).

I think that the actor who plays Jacob is really good and I hate that he always gets the shaft lol (even though it's just a movie). I feel like he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Edward is emotionally abusive to Bella though. He's basically an overprotective, manipulative stalker-type.

Bella is the poster child for "battered woman syndrome". Edward does nothing but get her hurt & ; put her in constant danger, and even after he tries to leave so she wont be in danger, she basically throws herself into more danger to keep his attention.

Basically she's the worst role model imaginable for young girls. Plus...

Stephanie Meyer donates 10% of her income, including 10% of the proceeds from the Twilight franchise to anti-gay movements. Her being a Mormon, supports a religion that discriminates against a minority, and we can see from her writing, she has little respect for women.

I find it shocking that people praise these films and books, especially on a womans website. He should have just turned her into a vampire at the end of the first movie, then she is making her own mind up - protecting herself, and she doesn't need a man to constantly protect her. Plus we all know Jacob isn't even in with a chance - though in reality, he would be a much healthier choice for her.

Bella is the most anti-feminist character in popular fiction at the moment. she's a total blank slate without any particular interests of her own AT ALL besides men. She only enjoys toying with the emotions of the men around her and getting their attention or sulking when she can't. Her life completely revolves around Edward and she deliberately sows conflict between the men in her life because she enjoys being a prize that men fight over. There's really nothing positive for teenagers, especially girls in these books.

Girls should be shown series one and two of Veronica Mars, which got cancelled - because she actually had a brain in it probably. Though it has its flaws, Mars is a much stronger female icon than Bella Swan - who is a very negative one in most respects.

So most ppl here then are watching these movies simply because the boys are "hot" in them - is that really what we want to be teaching young girls? I personally don't think so.

Last edited by Horror_Movies_Editor; 06/05/11 09:54 AM.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Hey i haven't watch twilight rest parts except very first one. That was good enough..

Last edited by Lucyhale; 06/06/11 05:27 AM.
N
N
I have read all of the Twilight books and seen all of the Twilight movies, including Eclipse. I thought I was the only one who believed that Bella's character is just....non-existent. I think the Cullen family is so much more interesting, individually, than Bella. I also think the werewolves are much more interesting than Bella. Heck, Jessica is more interesting than Bella. Bella seems to be this perfect girl who is not afraid of vampires or werewolves (but is terrified of marriage). She always does the right thing, never has any faults, and is adored by all men. She is the most responsible teenager who picks up after herself, keeps her room clean, and hates all the things that teenage girls usually love. Edward is more interesting in the book than in the movie. In the book, Edward is so much more charming and witty, more like a vampire should be. I wanted to hear more Jasper, Alice, Carlisle, and Rosalee. Jacob Black was interesting in the book and more interesting in the movie. I think that Lautner brought that character to life. I will still watch the two Breaking Dawn movies, just because I am curious.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A few ppl I know don't like the movies for numerous reasons, but I know so many ppl that do like them. Which I personally don't understand. I read the first book, but it didn't get me hooked - I prefer True Blood LOL.

I'll probably watch all the movies too. I gave the first an okay review, then I was bored rigid with the second and then I started doing all this research; and a lot of feminists find Bella a terrible role model for women and find the piece slightly racist too - so I wrote about that, because although it's fictional, it does teach ppl how they should behave and think etc. I mean Bella has NO interests of her own apart from toying with the emotions of men in the movies that I saw. She even tried to kill herself just to get Edwards attention in the second movie.

I think that a better actress could've given more to the character. The cullen family cast are all really strong - any of those girls would have brought a lot more to the role I feel.

Dakota Fanning stole the show in just a few minutes with her presence in the second film - I don't know how Stewart got cast - though nepitisim could've come into it with her family LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
K
K
yeah i'm big fan of twilight saga movie.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.