Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#666676 03/01/11 08:09 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Here's my review of the second 'Twilight' movie. A bit behind the times, but it takes a lot to sit through. If there are fans of the film could you please share why (other than the guys)? And fans of the book would you please share with us what you like about Bella's character smile

TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON REVIEW

Share your thoughts and thanks for reading smile TEAM JACOB!!!

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Steven I haven't seen the second film but I found the first film less interesting than the book. I passed the first book on to a friend who said it had far more depth than the movie.

The general consensus amongst people I know who talk about such things (and I do know some "Twilight" fanatics) seems to be that the second book and film are the weakest.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Oh Jeez - it was so awful Asha, I had to turn it off three quarters through and start watching it again, determined to finish. I find the books much better, but I don't think the author, Meyer should be writing about horror characters if she's not prepared to make them in any way horrific LOL.

I just don't get it - but I will sit through the next film - I've heard it's got more action - though that would'nt be difficult LOL. Plus, Bryce Dallas Howard is in the next one if I recall correctly - so at least there will be one strong actress. Dakota Fanning was good in her tiny scene in this film, as were some others.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
So maybe things can only get better wall

The first Stephanie Meyer book I read was "The Host" which I thought was excellent - innovative, creative, made me think and took my mind out of the box it can sometimes stay in...

Last edited by Asha - Scottish Culture; 03/01/11 08:48 PM.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Amoeba
Amoeba
I have only seen the first two movies, but I agree the books were so much better. And "Host" was absolutely fantastic. Such a unique storyline.

I think the movies of Twilight tend to just protray the characters at the fundamental level, and doesn't get them as much depth as the books. I think Bella comes off as a whiny teenage girl who feels sorry for herself way too much...

Molly Carter
Attachment Parenting
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Molly good to hear you also enjoyed "The Host". I think it would make an interesting film - might present some directorial challenges!

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Asha - I've heard that from a lot of fans they don't know how they're going to film a particular scene in 'the host' - is it to do with pregnancy? What is it exactly?

I'd love to see all those tween mouths drop open to the sight of some real horror in the Twilight movies LOL.

I gather you enjoy the movies as well as the books?

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
And no-ones shared why they like Bella's character yet?

Molly, I think you summed her character in the movies up brilliantly.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Tiger
Tiger
I don't really "like" Bella's character so much as tolerate her. I think it is more the concept of a human an an immortal that I enjoy. Bella, can be kind of irritating but I forgive her because Edward loves her.

I don't know why people always complain the books are better. It think it is pretty much a given that the book is always better and fuller than the movie. I think movies made from books almost always get a tough break and it annoys me. The only way to be true to a book is to do a serial, especially books of these lengths, not a movie. Adaptations do the best they can with their time frame and I think people need to let go of the book and watch the movie as the new entity that it is. I love movies, and I love books but I expect different things from both and enjoy what each format has to offer.

I enjoyed the first movie like I enjoyed the first book. I enjoyed the second movie for what it was, a continuation of the story. The second book really wasn't a favorite of mine because there wasn't enough Edward. I'm looking forward to seeing how they are going to pull off the third book.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I've only read the first book - and I had mixed feelings about it. The main issue I have with it is that it's such a borrowed storyline - a vampire falling in love with a human; plus the fact that they're the most boring vampires ever LOL IMO. Vampires to me, even like in Buffy, True Blood, Vampire Diaries - if they've fallen in love with a human - there's still been that horror element, they drink blood. They want to at least, and they usually end up being bad.

Plus, I don't 'get' the appeal of the movies. I have certain friends that do - and certain friends I can tell are following the heard and saying they like it. I suppose it's kind of like taking advantage of the horror genre and then making up your own rules. Instead of bursting into flames, they sparkle like diamonds LOL - I think that says it all.

I think Jacob is the best character in it, certainly the best actor.

Reading the novels though Moe, you mut have liked Bellas character in them? Or was she simply a vessel to travel through? I jst wonder what so many people find in her character, it's started to facinate me.

I agree that films and books are completley different forms, but I also think that many, many films have been as good as the book and even stayed true to it completley. If you read 'Rosemary's Baby' for example, it's like reading the screenplay - everything is identical - it's fantastic smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.