Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
I travel regularly for work. For the LIFE of me, I cannot figure out what can be SO important that people drag their young children through an airport, security line and then onto an airplane. Not to mention the prep-time that must be involved. Seriously, is someone dying? That's the only reason I can imagine for such illogical behavior. My happy CF moment is when I get off the plane and walk away by myself from the retarded parents who thought it was a good idea to fly with their kids who are having a meltdown.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
vacations are 500% fun when you are not worried about a child throwing tantrums and you are doing the things YOU want to do..

My husband and I planning our 6 days/5 nights trip to the Mayan Riviera at an adults only all inclusive resort to celebrate both of our November birthdays as well as our 12 year wedding anniversary!

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Here here ! to all of the above. Yesterday I was playing backgammon with an old Greek friend ( he's 68, but such a hoot ) As we played for our usual 1 1/2 session, the conversation got round to his grandson - his son lives in England,- and he met the baby for the first time 2 weeks ago. He was full of it, and it was a pleasure to see him so happy. He said things like ' having a grandchild is twice the child ' his English is quite good, but it was obviously a translation from the greek. I took it to mean something good (!), and I smiled and nodded ( do you find yourself doing that on those occasions, agreeing with them to keep good friends happy ? ) Anyhoo, he then went on to talk about his friends granddaughter, who is a nightmare, and at all occasions has taken to lying prostrate on the floor screaming until she gets what she wants. At this story, I hooted out loud, clapping my hands, and he looked at me strange, as though, well, it wasn't THAT funny. so I stopped, and said Yes, it must be terrible. Mmm it must be terrible.... tee hee. Hubby was on another table talking to friends. I'd gotten tipsy, as had been bought too many glasses of wine by our other friends, then we jumped on our motorbike ( I was on the back, having thankfully left mine at home ) and we trundled home, and curled up in front of the T.V to watch a movie. Fab Fab Fab..

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Oh, everyday Misstalia, everyday! :-D My walk to work involves passing many people with their children, none of them ever look happy and to be honest most of them are practically ignoring their kids! I live quite a simple life, I'm not into possessions or the expensive lifestyle, even then I simply enjoy not having children about when I don't want them about and if I do want them about (errrr, not sure when this would be) I can go out and be around children.

Shark
Shark
Had one of the moments this morning. Logged on to Bella and saw under the "Brand New Posts" to the right, a forum called "Getting your son to clean his room." It made me chuckle with the joy of knowing I will never have to deal with that.

Amoeba
Amoeba
My mother told me, a couple years ago, something that floored me: the reason for most of the fights between her and my dad? Who got to sleep in, and who was tasked with getting up early to take care of us kids. :) So - my sleep-in time is quite valuable, when put into this perspective...my husband and I will never have this dynamic in our marriage. Quiet is also very important to me...I need my quiet time, to read or do my art stuff, or I'll end up going bonkers. I can't TAKE sustained noise for much longer than 5 minutes. My mother had a boyfriend that would ask to be seated away from children in a restaurant. Not only that...he told the waitress that if any children were seated near him, she could kiss her tip bye-bye. Yeah, he was a bit of an a-hole, but at least he didn't reproduce and pass that trait on to his children. EEK! :D Oh, the joys of being able to do what you want when you want, with the only responsibility being yourself and/or your pets. :)

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Every weekend when we have dinner with my partner's parents and inevitably his sister and brother-in-law and niece are there.

She eats junk and only junk so they threaten her with no dessert but she gets it anyway (always). She kicks up a fuss at the table and crawls around pulling on people. When everyone except my partner, his brother and I were out of the room she tried to climb up on me (despite having been told by her parents to sit on her seat), in doing this she actually pulled my hair trying to get herself up. I just lifted her up, walked around the table, put her back on her own seat, bent down to her level and said calmly but sternly "you will sit on your own seat like you were told to".

Waow is that a child that has never been disciplined. She didn't know what the hell to do or how to react laugh

She sat quietly for a bit then went and lay on the sofa in a huff. Her dad came through, saw her and said "what's up with you" and took her through to the kitchen. She obviously grassed me up (who cares, maybe her parents will learn something) but she came through a few minutes later and said "I'm being good now, can I sit on your knee".

laugh

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Doesn't that just show, Random, what a difficult job it is, bringing up child ? It's constant. And unless you put alot of ground work in first, that behaviour will rule throughout the childs life with you.
Well done. And at least your family supported your actions.
I know why parents don't discipline alot - it's bluddy hard work !
and kids will try it on CONSTANTLY. So even a well behaved child has tantrums, moods, notwithstanding the hormone fluctuation of different stages in it's development......
But oh. It's all worth it right ? I'm sure if that's what you want to deal with for most of your adult life, it is.

I just feel incredibly grateful I don't have to deal with it at all.

I have also disciplined my niece in a similar way (going down to her level and saying it firmly, without raising my voice) and she was a little upset for like two minutes, and then was back to play with me, saying she'd be nice this time. Her mother, on the other hand, just keeps shouting and chasing after her. She (the mother) is soooo not suited to raise a child, you wouldn't believe it. I think another reason parents don't discipline the kids properly is because it'll make the children "not like" the parents for a few minutes. Silly.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 06/03/24 07:29 PM
Trailer for "Limbo" Starring Simon Baker
by Angie - 06/02/24 09:09 PM
Tennis Legend Roger Federer - New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 06/01/24 11:03 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 06/01/24 08:53 AM
Bandana Essentials
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:26 PM
French Open Tennis Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 05/30/24 01:20 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.