Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Shark
Shark
M
Years ago, I dated someone who had a child. My first thought was, "good, he wont expect me to have one because he's already a dad." He was never married to the child's mother so he only paid child support and no alimony. I honestly believed that since he only saw this child once per week it wouldn't make a difference...until one night we were in bed during an intimate moment and I hear ,"Daddy, I want to sleep with you." My, at the time, boyfriend went to his son... That was the beginning of the end for me. People can think what they may, but I like to come first in my man's life as he comes first in mine!

Last edited by misstalia; 04/15/09 04:12 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
I wouldnt date a man with kids, but its right that he should put them 1st. You can never demand to come before them, its not right, and he wouldnt put you before them either unless he dosent rlly care about them. That is why i wouldnt date one!! hed probably be put off by my total aversion to kids anyway.

Originally Posted By: DifferentKindofGirl
I wouldn't date a man with kids, but that's because I like to keep my life simple and drama free. Others might handle it just fine, but I know for myself that dating a man with a child would stress me out and very possibly create unnecessary drama - especially when the child became a teenager!!

Boy, a big ditto on that. In fact, *MY* view of "Married No Kids" is just that: both partners are childfree. I know that I have absolutely ZERO interest in having kids in my life; Dh is the same way. That's why we found one another.

A
A
I would never even date a daddy. I had no interest in men with kids, I would not even give them a chance. I am not into baby mama drama.

M
mai Offline
M
I met my husband when I was 20 and he was quite a bit older than me, separated, with 2 teenagers - yes I can guess what you're thinking and no I'm not mad! I was put off when he told me he had kids, but we still talked and what can I say...I fell for him. There were difficult times, not just because of the kids and the ex but also the financial situation he was in after splitting up. I had problems too, with my dad passing away when I was 22. We got through it all because we were, and still are, madly in love. 9 years later we've built a fantastic life together and I'm glad I gave it a chance. Maybe things would have been simpler with someone my own age and no baggage, maybe not. I'd been through tougher times growing up so it didn't fase me, plus I was lucky that I got on with his kids.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.