Print Thread
Page 32 of 46 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 45 46
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Getting to do interviews is exciting, isn't it? I have one coming up for my wrestling site.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
I have never done one before and am really looking forward to it. This teacher is very dedicated to her students and to history.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
OP Offline
I wish all my friends that come to this Campfire Circle a blessed and joyous Christmas.

Wakan Tanan Kici Un

Phyllis Doyle Burns
K
K
Merry Christmas for everyone from Finland
Here is link for finnish chritsmas page
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

I want to learn more in NA
OP Offline
"Hyvaa joulua", Katja! Hope all is well with you. Thank you for sharing.

I viewed the links and really enjoyed the stories. I put a copy of the links and your message in my Folklore site also which I hope you visit. We have a "Front Porch" where a lot of people get together, just like the "Campfire".

Thank you again for sharing. It is always so nice to hear from you!

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 12/18/08 11:31 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Amoeba
Amoeba
"Christ Tunpi" (Merry Christmas) to all my Dear Friends here at the 'campfire'.

I wish you all "Wowahwa" (Peace) and "Yawaste" (Blessings)in the New Year.

My wish for the New Year? That many more will join us around the campfire, so that there are many to carry the 'talking stick'!

"Icantewaste Teca Omaka"!(Happy New Year)

Wakan Tanan Kici Un.
Wowastelaka
(Love),
kimi kaya

OP Offline
A very Merry Christmas and blessed New Year to you, Kimi.

And to all my friends here I wish you all blessings and joy and peace.

Wakan Tanan Kici Un and Wowastelaka to all.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Amoeba
Amoeba
Pila Mita, Phyllis!

I would like to offer:

Twelve Indian Days of Christmas

Gather round children and let us teach you a song that helps us to remember the sacred things of our Grandfather and the reasons that He came to walk our Land, clothed in Red Dirt. We are excited to learn the things He accomplished for us, among us, and through us. We are most excited that all the ways we have walked before now pointed us to this moment, when we �� mere humans�.. would be able to walk as sons of the Most Holy One.

On the First day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me... an Eagle sitting on a cedar tree� (Remember children, the eagle climbs the highest and takes our prayers to the High places, and the eagle is Jesus, the One who was able also to climb to the heavenlies once and for all, to take our prayers, He is the Intercessor for all men)

On the second day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me� two wise owls (remember children that the owls represent both death and sacred messages from the Holy places� and in this song they represent the Old testament and the New� both law that brought death and mercy that brought life and spiritual wisdom)

On the third day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me� three sacred drums (for the drums beat out the sound of our Mother Earth while we pray to the Grandfather.. so as you hear them beat, remember we now know that there is faith, hope and love in The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit)

On the fourth day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me... four talking feathers (for the feathers remind us that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were given the talking feather by the Grandfather Himself, to tell His story to us all)

On the fifth day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me... five prayer ties (for we must remember that the law did not vanish and though we live by grace, there is a law to be followed and we humbly submit to that law, in offering our prayers to the Holy One)

On the sixth day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me... six hawks a laying (for we celebrate the creation of our mother earth, and thank Him for giving us all life, through our prayers, often using the feathers of this creature to smudge ourselves in preparation of that prayer time)

On the seventh day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me... seven stones for sweat lodge (For we must remember the gifts of the Spirit are seven fold, and we learn how to walk in these gifts through our fear and awe of our God, we do this praying in our lodges)

On the eighth day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me... eight great buffalo (for we want to remember the beatitudes, the blessings Jesus promised to come to His people, The buffalo represent His provision for our health, our very existence, as did the blessings He invoked on the people, the meek, those who weep, the poor� all people have provision in Him)

On the ninth day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me� nine precious elders (for as we sit at the feet of our elders we hear how we can walk in the fruits of the Holy Spirit, they have always taught these truths, we just didn't know that they were the same truths taught by the talking leaves the white men brought to us)

On the tenth day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me... ten eagle dancers (for our eagle dancers dance for the people, to protect the people, to keep the people in wholeness, and wellness.. as the ten commandments were also set to keep the people whole, to protect them from their own evil thoughts.)

On the eleventh day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me� eleven braids of sweet grass ( for as we send the smell of sweet grass to the heavenlies, it invites those of the realm of the Grandfather, to enter into our world to help us� in this we remember the faithful eleven who stood ready to help our Savior, ready to do His will and work.. so it is with those we invite to help us, if sent by Jesus.)

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Grandfather gave to me� twelve drummers singing (for the drums He gave on the third day can not help us to pray if they do not have four drummers each to beat out the heartbeat of the earth and its people to our God� and when natives are on the drum, we call it singing, because it is much more than just drumming...)

Merry Christmas to all my relations!

I really dislike the 'Twelve Days of Christmas' song, but when written as above, it has much meaning for me.
I hope you all enjoy it.

Wakan Tanan Kici Un.
Wowastelaka,
kimi kaya

OP Offline
Kimi Kaya,

Pila Mita! This version of the Twelve Days Of Christmas is the most beautiful I have ever read. Bless you for sharing this with us. I am going to put it in my "Book Of Treasures".

Merry Christmas and much Wowastelaka.
Wakan Tanan Kici Un.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Happy New Year to all my valuable new friends and faithful old friends - you are all cherished in my heart!

Wakan Tanan Kici Un

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 32 of 46 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.