logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
D
Las Vegas has some amazing buffets for very little money!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I think the key with any location, anywhere in the world, is to research and choose wisely. Certainly there are expensive restaurants in most locations - and there are McDonalds in most locations. If your desire is to eat cheaply, you can do that pretty much anywhere. You can get a hotel room with a fridge and microwave, and buy delicious foods at the local store and eat in a local park.

One of my best meals "out" was when I went with my boyfriend to the Napa Valley region and our hotel room had a stove in it. We brought home filet mignon and had a delicious dinner with a bottle of wine we'd gotten. It cost far less than any restaurant would have charged us, and was quite wonderful.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Every year when my husband & I go on vacation we try to go to a couples-only, adults-only resort - like an all inclusive in the Caribbean somewhere. We enjoy these vacations the best because even if there are people there who have kids, they are child-free for a week and you can actually have a conversation with someone without a child interrupting or them leaving the conversation mid-stream to attend to their kids.

I love child-free resorts!

Some resorts to try:

Sandals Resorts (all over)
Couples Ocho Rios (Jamaica)
Couples Negril (Jamaica)
Secrets Resorts (Punta Cana, D.R.)
Excellence Resorts (Punta Cana, D.R.)

Last edited by Amethyst22; 05/16/08 12:24 PM.
Originally Posted By: Amethyst22
Every year when my husband & I go on vacation we try to go to a couples-only, adults-only resort - like an all inclusive in the Caribbean somewhere. We enjoy these vacations the best because even if there are people there who have kids, they are child-free for a week and you can actually have a conversation with someone without a child interrupting or them leaving the conversation mid-stream to attend to their kids.

I love child-free resorts!

Some resorts to try:

Sandals Resorts (all over)
Couples Ocho Rios (Jamaica)
Couples Negril (Jamaica)
Secrets Resorts (Punta Cana, D.R.)
Excellence Resorts (Punta Cana, D.R.)

I just wanted to let you know that you can get cash back when you make reservations online with Sandals Resorts, or make any reservation through Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, or Priceline.com. There is a program called Bigcrumbs that will pay you cash back when you make reservations with those companies. There are other travel related companies there too, as well as hundreds of retailers. The program is free to join. Cash back is paid monthly into your paypal account, which is simple to set up if you don't have one. They do not sell, rent, or share your information and will not spam you. I have used BigCrumbs for making hotel reservations and have gotten cash back. I love the program and highly recommend it.
Thanks,
collier5

P.S. I get cash back on all my eBay purchases. Do you? I also get cash back from 100s of online retailers. Free to join. Learn About BigCrumbs .
Gecko
Gecko
P.S. Excited to hear about Vegas. Went there in 2005 on my own had a great time but yesterday hubby & I started talking about going there for Christmas together and maybe to the Grand Canyon too!
The adults only resorts look wonderful on the list of things to do. Quite pricey as we have to pay for flight tickets from the UK too but it's DEFINATELY on our (massive) travel list.
I HAVE to travel sigh in school holidays - - - I'm a teacher! But it's nice to know that I'm not responsible for any of the kids I see or for their happiness. They're not in my class and they're not my kids!!

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
T
T
We went up to York Beach, Maine. It was fantastic!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.