Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Koala
Koala
L
How come everyone else knows what's best for us? I would give him a HUGE CHUNK of my mind!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
If they won't let you Essure, get your tubes tied. Don't worry so much over the surgery. The anesthesiologist should come into pre-surgery to meet with you. You can have your man there with you. Your original post made me feel as though your fiance worried about you being abused. Maybe I read into it wrong but if not, you are not alone in the surgery room with the Anes. You've got the Anes., the Surg., nurses, techs and other helpers. You are in the best place to be saved if a medical emergency happens, surrounded by highly trained professionals and already on a breathing machine. And I am talking about day surgery centers too. You'll be fine if you go this way.

Last edited by silverscout; 04/25/08 05:41 PM.
M
Manveri Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for your support. I found out something interesting today...My health insurance doesn't cover the IUD he wants me to consider, but it DOES cover voluntary sterilization!

"Perhaps she would become one of those women, pitied or envied, who chose not to have children" - Atonement
D
D
That is fascinating! I am very glad to hear that sterilization is covered.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I know on one hand that people can quote studies and statistics that "going under" is extremely safe. But I also understand completely that some people simply have personal fears about issues. It is important to accept those fears as valid fears. If someone is petrified of spiders, it doesn't do much good to tell them spiders are generally friendly. They are simply afraid of spiders.

So certainly, if you really want to go that route, do your very best to take every step to help the process be clear, well defined, well documented, and as safe as possible. But if it happens that you simply cannot get through that fear, then it seems valid to go with an option that bypasses the fear factor. People pay tens of thousands of dollars to try to surmount fears like this. It is important to realize your limits and to do the best you can.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.