logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Shark
Shark
Sometimes I think that wealthy people are discriminated against. There are a lot of people who feel that the wealthy should be taxed at a higher percentage than other people; indeed that is the way taxes are generally set up. But is this really fair? There are an awful lot of people who work hard and risk a lot to make their fortunes. Many of these people are deserving of the wealth they have accumulated. Why should they pay a higher percentage than anyone else?

Note: I am not wealthy.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
I agree with bad govt spending Lisa. They are truly corrupt! US is turning into a dictatorship, that's why we are having this crazy inflation & resession.

I think people are feeling the weight of their irresponsible spending & ridiculous rules.

Hopefully average people & corporations will act responcibly & also help grow & make ourselves successful & wealthy. We should be happy & wealthy as a rich abundant nation.

Individuals make up the feel of a nation & over taxing & price gauging is not a good idea. Every one wants the best for their communities & the earth.

Decorating Ideas
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
An interesting viewpoint Lisa. We all love to hate Bill Gates for Microsoft but the man earns my respect because he is doing so much philanthropy giving away many of his billions. Richard Branson is also another I admire for his tenatious ability to make good out of bad. I had an employer who had more money than most and he gave many donations willingly. It was only once we had enough money to do the same, and a happy life that I realised that we do it because we are so grateful for our own comfortable status in life. I do not begrudge anyone a cent who has worked hard for it.

Felicity
Deafness
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I think it's also important to remember that pretty much all of us here are far wealthier than most of the world. Most of the world population wise lives in very tiny homes, with only a few pairs of clothes, with a very limited diet. So we are all already "wealthy" in many peoples' eyes. They would dream of a luxury life like ours ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
I have to agree with you, Lisa. I feel truly lucky to have what I have since it is an awful lot compared to some other people in the world.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
No I do not think so, but it does depend what you do with your money. As a christian I belive the rich will be accountable to how they spend and how they have earned their money, like us all.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
because they get out of paying taxes by going to haven. Over here the rich do not get taxed the same because the goverment want to keep the rich from leaving and living in tax have countries, so he does not tax them the same. That is not fair, it is unjust. We ARE paying the price here. Some of us can no longer get mortgages because of how the mega rich made their money, through debt selling. They do not suffer, they sold the debt. But WE are. my husband and I cannot get a good mortgage deal since the crash at Northern Rock, neither Can thousands of others. This IS criminal.AND there is no accountability for the rich who have done this. If it was fairly earned i would not be angry, but unfairness and corruption I hate.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

S
Shark
Shark
S
No.You can't have too much money! The more you have,the more lifestyle options you and your family have and the more you can help others. The more you give, the more you receive. The more you receive, the more you give.
The more that you have, the more you are able to help those that don't have the wherewithall or the ability to help themselves.

Sikpiksie

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
S
Shark
Shark
S
Nicola Jane wrote....."Over here the rich do not get taxed the same because the goverment want to keep the rich from leaving and living in tax have countries, so he does not tax them the same. That is not fair, it is unjust. Some of us can no longer get mortgages because of how the mega rich made their money, through debt selling. They do not suffer, they sold the debt. But WE are. my husband and I cannot get a good mortgage deal since the crash at Northern Rock, neither Can thousands of others. This IS criminal.AND there is no accountability for the rich who have done this. If it was fairly earned i would not be angry, but unfairness and corruption I hate".....

This is not the fault of those who are rich though. They are simply taking advantage of a tax break (albeit an unjust one) that the Government is offering them.

Sikpiksie

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brandi - Abundance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.