Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#392228 03/13/08 03:09 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I heard someone say once once that they didn't want to be too rich.

What's too rich? Can you ever be too rich?

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
No! Even if you had billions & trillions -you can do alot with that money & share it. I would donate to nature & wiildlife conservation.

Decorating Ideas
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Good positive way of thinking, earthydream.

I grew up hearing relatives saying, "Why should you make a lot of money, you'll just have to pay more taxes."

Anyone else hear something like that?

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
My sister and her husband talk like that all the time. He's self-employed and of course, the more he makes, the more taxes he pays. With someone self-employed too you have to come up with all of it at once if you haven't saved through the year-also the self-employment tax is a killer!

However, I keep telling her I'd rather make more money and pay more taxes-or find more deductions!

Before we got into LOA, my husband used to say "I don't want a lot of money, just enough to be comfortable." I finally convinced him this was NOT prosperity thinking. We ARE comfortable, we aren't starving and we can pay our bills, so the Universe thinks we are already "comfortable" and nothing more will come our way.

Now he says "There are checks in the mailbox!"

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
How can you be too rich? Look at all the good you can do with your wealth!

I agree with Green1 - focusing on the positives attracts even more positives into your life. You'll have your eyes open for the positive things instead of worrying about the negatives.

Wealth is a mind-set too.

Elephant
Elephant
Personally I don't think a person can be too rich. There is so much you can do with money. however, you can be too stingy, too pig-headed, too greedy ;0)

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
I like to think of all of the billionaires and millionaires out there and how much they donate to charity. I don't think that you can be too rich when it gives you the opportunity to help others.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I think you can't be too rich. The more you have, the more you can do for your family, friends and community.

I'm ready to be rich and see how it feels!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Of course you can't be too rich.... having said that we have too much money (not rich though!) because we're not frugal enough and don't have to think too hard before we buy most things. If we were more frugal we could have no mortgage for instance!!!

Felicity
Deafness
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I was actually afraid to come into this thread (although I saw it on the sidebar a few times) because I was afraid it would be rich-bashing. I feel very strongly that if someone works hard, they deserve to have control over the income they therefore bring in.

That is, some friends of mine think there should be a top income cap (say $100,000) and that all money earned after that should go to the government to distribute. But my argument is that 1) people would just stop working if that were true, and we would lose a lot of productivity, and that 2) why in the world would we feel the government would do a better job of distributing the money better than a skilled, talented person would? I would MUCH rather trust the average high end executive to make the right decisions than I would trust the average government worker who is "spending someone else's money".

Look at all of the amazing foundations which have been set up by wealthy people which do FAR more good than the government could even if the government had 10 times the money. The people who earned the money have an incentive to spend their hard-earned cash in a way that makes the most effect. The government has no incentive at all.

I feel pretty strongly about this smile But I am libertarian and feel individuals tend to decide best about their own lives. I don't feel the government does as well. I always try to balance my bills so I can donate as much to charity as possible - but *I* choose my charities and I work hard to choose them wisely. I would not want the government choosing for me.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brandi - Abundance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.