Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 45 46
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I thought I would start a topic for anyone stopping by to say hello. This is the place!

I'd like to welcome everyone to the campfire, pull up a log or a blanket, get comfortable. Think of any questions you might have, any subjects you'd like to discuss, any stories you'd like to tell, and post them here, or just say hello.

I'll be stopping by this campfire as often as possible, and cannot wait to meet everyone who joins us here.

Let us all keep the eternal flame going in this campfire, by talking, laughing, and sharing with others here.

Hello to all!
I hope your week is filled with wonder!

Many Blessings,
DawnEagle

Last edited by DawnEagle_NativeAmerEd; 07/13/07 12:30 PM.

DawnEagle Summers
Native American Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
ya ta say, DawnEagle,

What a nice idea. My blanket is spread here next to your campfire and I anxiously await those that will come with a question or story to share.

ashoge,
kimikaya

Elephant
Elephant
This is a wonderful idea DawnEagle. Thank you for welcoming me into your circle

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Lady J #327978 07/10/07 01:09 PM
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Welcome to the Campfire Kimikaya and Jase! I am honored that you joined me here.

Find a comfortable spot, throw a log on the fire if you get cold, and let's begin by dedicating this space as sacred.

We give thanks to the Seven Sacred Directions, the Five Elements, the Totem Animals of the Four Directions: Eagle, Coyote, Bear, and White Buffalo, Grandfather Sun, Grandmother Moon, Father Sky, and Mother Earth, and invite them to join us in the circle.

I see the three Grandfathers are here, sitting in the NorthEast. Thank you Ancestors for adding your wisdom to our circle.

We dedicate this circle to the good of all, to healing for all, and to promote peace for all.

You may add your prayers or wishes for this circle at any time. Take the Talking Stick, and speak your truth. The Pipe awaits you.

This Native American Sacred Circle welcomes all to join us and share in the wisdom of this campfire...

Next: It's storytime!

Wishing a blessed day to all who enter here,

DawnEagle Summers
Native American Editor
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
DawnEagle, this is an wonderful idea. Hello, Jase and Kimikaya! My blanket is spread; I have my medicine bag and will be glad to smudge anyone who wants to share the blessings of cleansing and balancing with Sage and Cedar's give-away. I'd like to share a story; my husband and I spent the weekend near Cincinnati, Oh at Powwow. The energy was INCREDIBLE. Good, strong positive energy. We sang and danced. It's the first time I've been in the Circle and felt connected to Grandmother with each step. I'd sing with our Drum, then run out and dance till it was our turn to drum again. Anyway a young man was there; he normally attends most of the same Powwows we do. He's 15 and as most 15 year olds, he is full pee and vinegar and full of himself. Several times Elders had to remind him to settle a bit. He is a very good dancer and is quite proud of his ability and his Regalia. Just before a mens' traditional dance, the MC asked all the men to stand around the inside of the Circle and he went to each one and gave each dance the opportunity to speak to the crowd; share their names, tribal affiliatios, etc. When he approached the young man I've been telling you about, the young man said, "get that microphone out of my face!" (he's having a difficult time learning respect for his elders, I'd reckon). Anyway, just as he finished disrespecting his Elder the choker he'd been wearing (one my husband gifted to him) fell off his throat and onto the ground. I've seen this sort of thing happen before. So....I guess my point of this long dissertation is this.....Spirit certainly demonstrated his displeasure at this youngin's actions this weekend. He truly is a fine young man, with enormous potential. I'm just not sure how to deal with him. He disrepected me twice along with several other drum members. I think it's time to talk with his mother. Don't you? How would you handle it? Does it 'take a village'? Many, many good things happened; I'm sure the Spirits were there and happy to see the people dancing in the Circle. It's always so good to see friends who live far away, again and to catch up on all that's happened to each other over the winter. Many smiling, sun-burnt faces, fry-bread, the wonderful scent of sage smoke, bare feet and moccasin covered feet dancing, braided hair decorated with feathers, colorful cloth dresses, skin dresses and long fringe swaying with each step, little girls with their fancy shawls.....oh how I love powwow!

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Welcome to the Campfire Conni! I am honored that you have joined us. I think smudging is an excellent idea, if you would please do the honors. I thank you.

It sounds as if you had a wonderful time at the pow wow, and are still full of energy from it all. This is a great thing to see here. You charge our circle with your energy. The Fire dances.

I do believe that it takes a village to raise a child, and your young man may have seen the village react to his disrespectful ways. The spirits sure made their opinion known!
Don't you just love it when the spirits speak to us in this manner! Hopefully he will see their message and take it to heart.

I found out this morning that Corbin Harney has passed away from cancer, just yesterday. This is truly sad news. For more information, you can go to:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

DawnEagle Summers
Native American Editor
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
I did not know who Corbin Harney was. It saddens me when our elders walk on; we need their teachings......desperately. Do you know of Grandfather Joseph Flying Bye? He is another elder who has walked on. He did however, leave a set of recordings of his own voice of teachings about Chanupa and the Sacred Pipe Filling Songs. I'm trying to learn them right now....its not easy. But I know I'm supposed to learn them.

Did you bring your dove feather into the house or did you leave it in your garden?

I do love it when the Spirits speak to us. Their language may not be what we know, but they can sure get their point across IF we listen with our ears AND our eyes.

Waiting for your story........

Peace to all who visit this Circle.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
It is sad when the wise ones pass. No, I have not heard of Grandfather Joseph Flying Bye. Is there a link you could share?

For those of you who do not know, Corbin Harney was a Western Shoshone Spiritual Leader, who focused on stopping nuclear waste at Yucca Mountain, and started Shundahai Network, among other things. He died of cancer, from the radiation on the reservation. Very sad.

The dove feather came in with me for now. It is on a piece of a knot from a cottonwood tree right now. I am thinking I need prayer feathers from the dove. I have many dove feathers!

A little story: I like to put out birdseed for the birds, and just sit and watch them some days. Mostly we have juncos, chickadees, sparrows, doves, and a few red-headed finches. There is one bird, who is always very shaky when he comes up, just twittering all over the place. I am thinking something is wrong with him. He always comes with another bird. They are chickadees. The other bird will actually pick up the bird seed in its beak, and put it inside the beak of the twittering one, feeding him. I think it is astounding that these birds take care of the weak ones, helping them. A lesson for us all.

I'll bring a real story back with me later. Gotta go make some enchiladas for dinner right now, green chile chicken.

Keep the fire lit, I'll be back later!

DawnEagle Summers
Native American Editor
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I come bringing a story. This is one of my favorites:

The Creator gathered all of Creation and said:

"I want to hide something from the humans until they are ready for it. It is the realization that they create their own reality."

The eagle said, "Give it to me, I will take it to the moon."

The Creator said, "No. One day they will go there and find it."

The salmon said, "I will bury it on the bottom of the ocean."

"No. They will go there too."

The buffalo said, "I will bury it on the Great Plains."

The Creator said, "They will cut into the skin of the Earth and find it even there."

Grandmother Mole, who lives in the breast of Mother Earth, and who has no physical eyes but sees with spiritual eyes, said, "Put it inside of them."

And the Creator said, "It is done."

A Lakota/Dakota tale

May your day be blessed,

DawnEagle Summers
Native American Editor
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
And now a little humor. This one is called Navajo Women.

Three Indian women died and were brought before the Creator for judgment.
Creator said,"I will let you into the Spirit World if the beliefs you lived by were proper. Tell me what you believed when you were alive."
The Lakota woman said, "I have always believed in the Grandfathers and the Generations, and that is how I lived my life."
"Fine," said Creator. "You may enter and sit on my left.
What did you believe?" he asked of the Arapaho woman.
"I have always believed in Goodness, and I have tried to live my life in a good way."
"Fine! You may also enter and sit on my right."
Then he turned to the third woman, a Navajo. "And what do you believe?"
The Navajo woman said, "I believe you're sitting in my chair!"

DawnEagle Summers
Native American Editor
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.