logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Originally Posted By: Tbunny
This is off topic, but what do you guys DO with your Littles? We love to spend time with our nieces/nephews/neighbors but we seem to run out of ideas pretty quickly on what to do.

My Little and I do lots of different things. We go bowling and to the movies. Sometimes, though, I don't have a lot of extra money so we hang out at my house and make popcorn and watch a movie or play games. Baking cookies is also a good activity. It is harder to find stuff to do in the winter time. It's nice to just hang out at the park or go for a hike. When it get warmer, I will take her to the zoo. Tonight we just went out for dinner and talked about her school. Miniature golf is fun too.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S

SmallTown and Chaco,

Wow, what cool newbies! It's so great to have you along! You guys are awesome!

Elise
(a once-and-future Big Sister) [/quote]

Thanks! I can't tell you how great it is to be a part of such a fantastic group of people. I know that I am new, but you all make me feel so welcome here and I actually fit it with a group. I don't have any CF friends. My friends either have kids already or have "baby fever."

Shark
Shark
Thank you Elise--and I agree with SmallTown....I am thrilled to have found this sight and get to know everyone. It has been a struggle recently to find people who get where I am coming from. Stumbling across this site has made me want to turn cartwheels.

That is awesome that you guys are and have been Big Sisters. I have seen some amazing changes in kids through their relationships with Bigs. I mainly work with the teens (surprise!) and it is incredible the way some of their lives change when everyone had all but given up on them. One of my "kids" recently was arguing with his BB over whether to attend Ohio State U or NC State. That does not sound like a big deal until you consider that his grandma wanted him to have a big brother so that he would not wind up in jail or a dad at 16.

I can go on and on...I love my job!

J
Joz Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Hi lngilbert--

I would agree with the suggestions here about asking him to consider why he wants a child, and also spending time with children to see ALL the moments, not just the Kodak ones.

I really feel for you...been there and done that. It's awful, really awful...some days I cried so hard I almost made myself sick. My husband really wanted kids.

We are still together, but now he is going through a difficult time because he doesn't like his job or field of work. He stayed where he was because he thought we were going to have a family, but now that we're not...well, he has the luxury of a mid-life crisis! I think that if a person goes through life assuming they're going to go down a certain path, and then they don't, it's a bit of a shock to the system. So I try to remember that and give him some space to figure out what he wants to do.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.