Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#682687 04/30/11 10:52 PM
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I started a new what's your workout post for May so please share your workouts or exercises for May here. If you're not working out post here: What's Your Excuse for Not Working Out Today.

Today's workout kicked a** (sorry it was awesome). I started with a 15 min. mobility circuit to warmup then I completed the following circuits:

Circuit 1:
horse stance
stability ball W drill + cobra back extensions
stability ball dumbbell pullover + fly
2 sets of 10 reps each exercise no rest between exercises or circuits

Circuit 2:
TRX power pull
TRX single leg suspended plank knee-in to hip extension
TRX lawnmower prep
3 sets of 8 no rest between exercises 1 min. rest between circuits (this circuit is hardcore)

Circuit 3:
valslide reverse lunge w/sandbell piledriver
jumping jacks
valslide mountain climbers
inverted pushups
alternating sandbell swings
3 sets of 8-12 no rest between exercises 30 sec. rest between circuits (this is intense but fun)

Finished up with 10 min. of stretching and a nice soak in the hot tub. Will be stretching hip flexors again before bed.

Walking and jump rope intervals plus stretching tomorrow.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 10/21/11 02:41 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Replaced my usual strength training day with 5 min of mobility exercises + 40 min of yoga because my body felt just a little tight (I think from my 30 min run yesterday).

Hope you're enjoying your b-day weekend Monica =)

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
30 min. run? Wow! You are back into it big time! Aweseome and good that you're doing long recovery sessions the day after.

My glutes are sore from those sandbell piledriver reverse lunges but other than that feeling great. I figured my abs would be killing today but I think I've been working up to more ab volume slowly so they're fine.

BTW, My MIL bought me a chicken for my b-day laugh Well it wasn't for me it was for a family in Laos (through Oxfam Unwrapped). This is the coolest b-day present ever!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I totally forgot to include that last portion of my workout on Saturday, the hybrid trx pilates side plank leg series. It was so hard that I only did two sets of 5 and could only do 1/3 of the exercise! Going to practice these more today.

Went for a 20 min. walk did 10 min. mobility and about 20 min. stretching yesterday. Skipped my jump rope skipping so gotta do that today!!!

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Yes, it took a while but I'm finally running again. Can you believe I used to run both Saturdays & Sundays (this was before my runner's knee injury)? I feel like I'm doing better listening to what my body needs.

I did an upper body strength circuit + core workout this morning. Can't go walking today at lunch because we're really short staffed at work (boo).

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I try to alternate 20-30 min walks (mon/wed/fri) & the stairs workout (tues/thu). I figure if I focus on a 10-15 min lower body strength workout tomorrow morning I can do the stairs workout during lunch.

I'll google the line drills...thanks for the tip.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Yesterday's workout was 10 min. mobility exercises and 3 functional circuits for upper and lower body. This was during an intermittent fast. After dinner we went for a moderate paced 20 min. walk and then I stretched for 20 min. So I had two great workouts in one day smile

Only issue is I skipped the jump rope again! So I'm going to switch gears and try 8 minutes of tabata intervals today before a chakra yoga practice.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Did my 15 min lower body strength workout this morning then did the stairs workout during lunch...I was even able to recruit a co-worker to join me today =)

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Did 20 min of interval cardio on the elliptical today

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Awesome. Elliptical can be amazing for fat burning intervals.

Today's workout was 6 laps at the pool, plus pool tag with my son 5 min. of mobility and 20 min. circuit workout of the following exercises:

burpee w/ pushup
trx inverted row
sandbell sumo squat to alternating overhead press reverse lunge with slam
feet on sandbell toe touch to table top
swinging plank
jumping jacks

4 circuits no rest between exercises, about 50 sec. rest between circuits

Worked out with my mouth shut the entire time and cut 5 min. off my workout time.

Was also able to swim the entire length of the pool in one breathe. I think this Buteyko thing is working!

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 05/04/11 10:37 PM.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Step class for and hour and then scupting for 30 minutes.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Just got back from the pool too...also played pool tag w/ my daughter for 45 min - I'm going to sleep well tonite =)

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Hope you had a good night sleep! Today is mobility, jump rope intervals and butt/core only. Gonna try to pack it all into a 25 min. workout but not sure I'll be able to. Trying to get more efficient to boost endurance.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I slept too well...got up too late to do my morning strength workout (not to mention I was a little sore from the pool workout). So I went for a 20 min walk during lunch & a 30 min run when I got home (I always do 10 min of mobility before I run & 10-20 min of yoga afterwards).

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Got up early today & did your Bodyweight Fatloss Workout - I haven't done bodyweight workouts in months & it felt awesome! May also go to the pool later today with the family.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
You guys are doing great!!!

Sorry, have been MIA for a few days and today just drove 4 hours round trip. My daughter and I emptied her dorm room (3rd floor). Carried it all down stairs and across the field to the car, many, many trips...including one with her dorm size fridge!!!

She is going to water aerobics with me in about 10 minutes!!!
Yeah, I'm so happy!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
That's awesome Dianne. Moving, especially when you're going up and down stairs all day burns tons of calories. It's almost the equivalent of hiking. You now have a new workout buddy too. What a great mother's day present for you to have your daughter back!

I only did 10 min. of mobility and stretched about 10 min. the last two days. I was supposed to do more but giving it a rest for today's hike up in the mountains. Hiking about 4 miles with a little elevation gain.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Today is definately a rest day for me with just some mobility exercises/stretching - I'm feeling a little sore from yesterday's bodyweight workout.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I'm tempted to just workout hardcore but I'm trying to listen to follow my own advice and do what my body asks so two recovery days back to back felt like too much rest but I feel like my body is going to kick-butt today on the mountain. My hip hasn't hurt in ages either. Enjoy your recovery day Jeri. You deserve it!

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Hope you had a great hike Monica - Happy Mother's Day! It was raining hard this morning so didn't go for a run but that's okay because I had an awesome 55 min yoga session.

I've reached 10 weeks of my upper body strength training focus & I feel like it's time for a change. I really enjoyed my last bodyweight workout so I think I'll start doing them again.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Happy Mothers Day Jeri and any other wonderful moms following these workout posts. I had to switch gears yesterday just like you did Jeri.

By the time we were ready to hike it was 96 degrees and hella hot so we watched a movie instead (waited for the sun to calm down a bit) then walked hills for 60 min. and stretched for 20 min.

We went on our hike at 6:30 this morning and it was awesome! We hiked 5 miles with 1500 ft. of elevation gain in 2.5 hours! I did about 3 flat sprints and 2 uphills sprints (nothing over 30 seconds) and it felt great.

Neither one of us had any issues. My right knee tightened up towards the end but nothing a bit of I.T. and Quad stretches won't take care of. Here's the link to the Romero Pools hike if you want to see pics. It was so beautiful out there.

Tomorrow is moderate workout day. Doing functional total body circuit and stretching a lot!

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 05/08/11 02:02 PM.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Didn't sleep that well last nite so my body wasn't up to doing a hardcore bodyweight workout like I planned to so I did Monica's Primal Sandbell workout. Rain is in the forecast so it looks like I'll be doing stairs today.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I love how you can just switch things up if your original plan isn't working out.

Today's workout was 10 min. mobility, 20 min. functional total body circuit and 20 min. stretching. I might also go for a walk later this evening.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Today's workout will either be a high intensity Metcon Circuit Workout or just yoga. I'm fasting today so I can't decide. eek I got two clients this afternoon too so not sure what will works best today.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 09/06/11 10:48 AM.

E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
I had a lovely walk this morning for one and a half hours from 7am to 8 30am Does this count as a 'workout'? A light mist of rain and birds singing and I even managed to pick up some litter.

Elizabeth Brennan
Walking
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Had to switch gears again...no running because of rain so did 25 minute intervals on elliptical. I hope to get a good nite's sleep so I can do a high intensity circuit tomorrow morning.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Me too! I was fasting yesterday so Metcon ended up not working plus I couldn't do yoga upstairs bcz laptop won't work so I went did about 10 min. of mobility mid-afternoon then after I got back from clients and had dinner I went for a 20 min. speed walk and stretched for 30 min. after I got back.

Doing Metcon and stretching today. Hope I can get my laptop working again or I'm gonna have to suck it up and do yoga downstairs which is usually very distracting for me : (

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Slept pretty good so decided to do a 25 min kb workout - I haven't picked up a kb in months so I know I'm gonna feel it tomorrow.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Today's workout was awesome!

Did about 10 min. of mobility around 6 p.m. but didn't get to workout until 8:35 (kind of late for me but it worked out today).

Started with 5 min. of mobility (different stuff than earlier) then did 4 ciruits of my Metcon Fatloss Circuit and it only took 17 min. which means I shaved another 3 min. off my workout because my recovery is now down from 50 sec. to 35 sec.

Today's Metcon Fatloss Circuit
TRX inverted row
Inverted pushup to bear squat
Sandbell sumo squat to alternating rev. lunge to sandbell slam
Toe touch to table top
swinging planks
jumping jacks

8-15 reps of each exercise no rest between exercises 35 sec. rest between circuits.

Plus 20 min. of stretching. Kept my mouth closed most of the workout.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I had a great night of sleep bcz of last night's workout. I'm thinking about repeating yesterday's workout today at a much higher intensity. This is something that I used to do last year. It's called 4 Day Wave Loading and looks like this:

day 1: easy
day 2: moderate
day 3: intense
day 4: recovery
repeat for 28 days making sure to increase intensity of all levels each week so it's actually a dual wave:

week 1: easy to moderate
week 2: moderate to intense
week 3: intense to hardcore
week 4: hardcore to insane

I've been making great progress with my workouts the lats 3 weeks so I'm ready for something harder. Even if I only get 3 weeks of this before I go on my hiking adventure in the Rockies it will make a huge difference in my endurance.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Wow Monica you're going to kick a** when you go on your hiking adventure.

Yup I could feel the kb workout in my muscles today so it's a recovery day & I did a 20 min walk at lunch.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Tomorrow might be another recovery day (some yoga & walking) depending how my body is feeling - I forgot how intense a kb workout can be. That 4 Day Wave Loading looks really interesting...I'll go check out the Thor workout.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Decided not to torture myself with two days of back to back Metcon circuits so I walked for 25 min. last night then stretched for 30 min.

Doing the Metcon Fatloss Circuit today but switching up a few of the exercises. My laptop is finally working again so will be doing 30 min. of yoga too.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My workout yesterday started out kind of lame (low energy, not into it) but my energy level and motivation got better with each circuit. Here's what I did:

10 min. mobility exercises

20 min. fatloss metcon circuit:
thera band chest opener
alternating spiderman pushup from knees
valslide lateral lunge to reverse lunge
valslide mountain runners
valside plank to pike
alternating small medicine ball w/handle swings

8-16 reps of each exercise no rest between exercises no rest between circuits and did a total of 5 circuits. I skipped the valslide lateral lunge to reverse lunge on the last circuit so I only got 4 rounds of that exercise bcz 5 would've been overkill for me.

20 min. stretching

Not sure what I'm doing today but I feel like going for a walk and doing 5-6 sprints at the park.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Yesterday I did the 16 flights of stairs at work & some walking. This morning I did 10 min of mobility, a little strength training (upper body + core) then I went for a 15 min run & did 15 min of yoga when I got back. Going to the waterpark with my daughter today so lots of walking & waterslides - always a fun workout.

Monica after that workout yesterday you deserve a long walk =)

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Yesterday did 10 min of mobility, 25 min of elliptical intervals, & 20 min of yoga.

Today was a 25 min walk at lunch. My daughter didn't sleep well last nite (so neither did I) so I didn't wake up early enough to fit in my normal strength-training workout (I hope to make it up this afternoon).

Hey Dianne...I'm guessing her arms are looking toner because she hasn't done anything at all?? (BTW-Have you ever seen the South Park shake weight episode? It's hilarious!)

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Just got back from the gym. ..

Jeriy..possibly not...

No I missed it!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Hey girls sorry I've been gone all week. Been busy finishing up some projects but workouts this week have rocked!

Mon. mobility, functional strength training, stretching
Tue. mobility, metcon circuit, stretching
Wed. 60 min. walk 30 min. stretching
Thu. 40 min. yoga
Fri. circuit training and yoga and maybe some swimming
Sat. walking
Sun. not sure

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Switching gears today and just doing yoga and swimming. Circuit training tomorrow instead.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Playing catch-up too (drama at work this week & next):

Tue. Strength-training circuit w/ med ball
Wed. Pool 40 min playing chase master w/ my daughter
Thu. Monica's Resistance Band Fatloss Circuit
Fri. Volunteered at my daughter's kindergarten "fun" day - that was a workout in itself

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Sat. Running 25 min/Yoga 20 min
Sun. Monica's Bodyweight Fatloss circuit

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I never got around to circuit training friday. Had too much going on and was also very tired so I switched things up a bit.

Friday - 10 min. mobility and 10 min. stretching
Saturday - 25 min. walk and 30 min. stretching
Sunday - 10 min. mobility, 20 min. functional full body circuit, 60 min. walk, 20 min. stretching

Sunday's workout was long but I really enjoyed it and feel great today. I never did get to the pool all weekend. This week I'm focusing on quick metcon workouts and yoga.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Okay today... woke up with a back ache, had loads of housework to do...put MTV top 40 hits on the television, and have danced my way around my house.

Feel uplifted... hated the world this morning due to back ache... which has gone and i am sure i heard at least a pound of fat fall on the floor as I rocked my booty with the vaccum cleaner!

i even tried to learn the dance steps to 'body rocking in the house tonight'.. gave the head spinning a miss!

happy dancing everyone

Last edited by Linda - Islam; 05/23/11 10:09 AM.

Linda Heywood

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Today it's Zumba in about 30 minutes.

I did a little weight lifting earlier by removing this room size rug from under the washer, dryer and shelving unit - rolling it up, tying it up and carting the darn thing to the curb for trash day tomorrow. It might not sound like a workout, but I was sweating!!! :-)

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Yesterday's workout was 10 min of mobility 50 min. of flow yoga, and 20 min. of laps and tag at the pool. I wanted to do a quick core/glute metcon circuit but ran out of time. I was also fasting yesterday and felt really high energy all day.

Today's workout will be mobility followed by quick full body metcon circuit with some core/glute work and foam roller torture too. Also stretching and possibly going for an easy walk in the evening.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
Pilates is great for a fluid spine and strong core. Enjoy!

thanks, monica! i had really begun seeing some results, too, so i need to get back to it!! smile

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Zumba nearly killed me yesterday...LOL... don't know why - it's almost like I was a newbie, but then again the classroom was super hot. I stuck it through the class even though every 15 minutes I kept thinking that I would slip out the back.

I actually patted myself on the back when I stuck it through to the end.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Zumba nearly kills, woman suing for wrong bpm music track. I can just imagine reading a headline like that in the paper, ha ha ha!!!

I was really sore yesterday from pushing it too hard with yoga and length of workout the previous day so yesterday's workout was fairly easy.

I did about 15-20 minutes of foam roller work at the gym while waiting for a client who was late.

Then when I got home I did 10 min. mobility 20 min. functional full body circuit at a moderate to low intensity and stretched for 10 min.

Overall it was a decent workout not sure why I feel it was lame. Not every workout can be high intensity or hardcore. I guess it's just not what I had in mind for yesterday but I'm feeling really good today so must have been what I needed.

Not sure what I'm doing today.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Sun. Bodyweight Fatloss Circuit
Mon. Mobility
Tue. Hot Abs Intervals (morn)/20 min walk (lunch)/25 min run (afternoon)

Funny thing was I was really feeling low on energy yesterday (i'm having my period soon) & I really had to convince myself to workout. I kept repeating to myself "You're one workout away from a good mood" (I think this was from Valerie Walters.)

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
All I had time for yesterday was 10 min. of mobility and some easy swimming so today I'm doing mobility followed by a quick metcon circuit, a short yoga practice and possibly some walking later in the evening.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Low on energy (period) so just mobility & walking the last 2 days. Feeling better today going to do the stairs & maybe a strength workout this afternoon or tomorrow.

S
SWK Offline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Did a 2.6 mile trail run / walk with my dog early this a.m. The weather was beautiful. smile

SWK
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Had some great workouts last week and also got to go hiking in Sedona this past weekend.

Monday - 10 min. mobility + 30 min. functional training
Tuesday - 30 min. mobility
Wednesday 10 min. mobility + 20 min. bodyweight intervals circuit + 20 min. flexibility
Thursday - 20 min. walk + 15 min. mobility + 15 min. flexibility
Friday - 10 min. mobility + 20 min. bodyweight intervals + 10 min. flexibility
Saturday - hiked and climbed 1 mile at Cathedral Rock and hiked about 3 miles at Bell Rock in Sedona
Sunday - hiked 5.2 miles to Devil's Bridge (from road instead of trailhead) and hiked 3.3 miles at Airport Mesa Trail in Sedona
Monday - climbed Airport vortex rock (easy climb)

This is the thread to post your workouts update so if you've got interesting workouts, just finished up a great workout, or just want to report what workouts you ARE doing please post here.

Spam, complaining, whining, and excuses will be merged elsewhere or deleted so only workouts please : )

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My workouts this past week were:

Monday - climbed Airport vortex rock (posted this before)

Tuesday - mobility 10 min. functional total body circuit 20 min. flexibility 20 min.

Wednesday - mobility 10 min. bodyweight circuit 20 min. flexibility 40 min.

Thursday - mobility 10 min. corrective exercise workout 40 min.

Friday - mobility 10 min. total body dumbbell/trx circuit 20 min. flexibility 20 min.

Saturday - walk 20 min. flexibility exercises on fit trail equipment at park 20 min.

Sunday - probably walking and doing some foam roller work

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Great workouts Ms. M.

Today I mowed the lawn - again---front and back---took an hour. Then I did some digging with a shovel.

I'm leaving in about 15 minutes to go to a Zumba class.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
This week's workouts were:

Mon. mobility + lower body endurance circuit (a.k.a. shakinthatass workout) + flexibility

Tue. mobility + functional upper body and core + flexibility

Wed. mobility + total body metabolic conditioning circuit + core + flexibility

Thur. mobility + 75 min. flow yoga

Fri. mobility + functional upper body + flexibility

Sat. mobility + walk ( I think)

Sat. mobility + walk + swimming

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
I'm not into "organized exercise" so I keep it simple: 30 minutes on the treadmill daily -- I admit to missing a day every now and again -- while doing 6-8 reps with weights for my arms.

Other than that, lots of walking with the dog and the goats, too!

Anna - AHHA
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
The only problem I have with Tuesday exercise is I go right from work, to home to cook dinner to take my son to Bible study in a town about 18 miles away. I will probably take up mall walking....hopefully not mall spending, just walking...LOL...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My workouts this past week were:

Mon. 15 min. mobility 20 min. full body exercises interval workout 20 min. flexibility 25 min. walk

Tue. 15 min. mobility 30 min. lower body endurance circuit 30 min. flexibility 25 min. walk

Wed. 15 min. mobility 15 min. upper body circuit 15 min. core circuit 15 min. flexibility

Thur. 10 min. mobility 4 min. jump rope intervals 4 min. body weight cardio intervals 10 min. core work 15 min. stretching

Fri. 15 min. mobility 25 min. walk

Sat. 15 min. mobility 30 min. lower body endurance circuit 30 min. flexibility 60 min. walk

Sun. - 15 min. mobility and swimming

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Last week's workouts were so fun. I filmed most of them and they're all posted on my free workouts blog. Here's what I did all last week:

10-15 min. of mobility daily
30-45 min. of flexibility daily
plus
Monday - 20 min. functional exercises circuit + 25 min. walk
Tuesday - full body exercises workout
Wednesday - best butt exercises workout
Thursday - upper body toning exercises workout 1 + 25 min. walk
Friday - upper body toning exercises workout 2
Saturday - no workout
Sunday - 60 min. walk

I also did an intermittent fast on Wed. which was not the best idea. More about that in my intermittent fasting journal.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
This week's workouts were:

Monday - 15 min. mobility 20 min. functional training 20 min. full body exercises workout 20 min. flexibility

Tuesday - 10 min. mobility 20 min. upper body toning exercises workout 20 min. flexiblity

Wednesday - 15 min. mobility in the morning plus 15 min. mobility with thera band and foam roller, 20 min. hot abs dance workout (new workout, video coming soon) and 20 min. flexiblity in the evening *was intermittent fasting this day so two workouts worked better

Thursday - 20 min. walk 10 min. mobility 20 min. best butt workout (also new workout, video coming soon) and 20 min. flexibility

Friday - 10 min. mobility 20 min. best butt exercises workout 20 min. flexibility

Saturday - most likely 40 min. yoga or trx flexibility workout

Sunday - 60 min. walk

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Workouts this week were:

15 min. of mobility and 15-20 min. of stretching daily plus

Monday - 20 min. functional training circuits

Tuesday - 20 min. full body exercises workout

Wednesday - 20 min. best butt workout 10 min. hot abs workout

Thursday - 20 min. body toning exercises workout

Friday 20 min. best butt exercises workout (different than best butt workout)

Saturday - 60 min. walk

Sunday - 40 min. walk and 40 min. yoga

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My workouts this week were:

15 min. of mobility daily and 20-40 min. of stretching daily plus:

Monday - 25 min. full body exercises challenge

Tuesday - 25 min. functional training 20 min. walk

Wednesday - 20 min. best butt workout (most hardcore booty workout I've ever created and will film it next week)

Thursday - 20 min. upper body toning exercises workout 20 min. walk

Friday - 25 min. best butt exercises workout (different than best butt workout)

Saturday/Sunday (maybe hiking, yoga, or both)

You can find detailed instructions and videos for all these workouts at my Free Workouts Blog or you can watch them on my fatlosss workouts guide youtube channel

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 10/21/11 02:41 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My workouts this week were 10-15 min. of mobility and 20-40 min. of stretching daily plus:

Mon. 30 min. functional training circuits

Tue. 20 min. full body exercises interval workout

Wed. 20 min. full body exercises challenge

Thur. 20 min. best butt workout 10 min. hot abs workout

Fri. 60 min. flow yoga

Sat. day off

Sun. 20 min. upper body toning exercises workout 20 min. best butt exercises workout

Some workouts sound the same but all workouts are slightly different. Some more intense than others but all challenging. Next week I'll be doubling up workouts on some days and adding more yoga to my workout week. This past week was a challenge because of the carb cycling diet I was on but I'm switching to a new carb cycling plan next week. and hopefully my energy levels will be back to normal.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Workouts this week were 10-15 min. of mobility exercises and 15-30 min. of stretching daily plus:

Monday - functional training circuits

Tuesday - upper body toning exercises workout and hot abs workout

Wednesday - best butt workout

Thursday - 60 min. flow yoga and 30 min. walk

Friday - full body interval workout

Saturday - best butt exercises workout and hot abs workout plus 40 min. flow yoga

Sunday - 60 min. flow yoga and 30 min. walk

I am still sore from Wednesday's workout. I added a 4th circuit and two more exercises to this workout and it is intense. Here's a link if you want to try it. Best Butt Workout targets your butt, every inch of your legs, and your core, back and arms plus burns tons fat too.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Forgot to post my workouts the week before last but they were very similiar to my previous post. This week I mixed things up a bit more and shifted from carb cycling to calorie cycling + intermittent fasting. My body is responding well to the change. Thinking about tweaking my exercise plan a bit more next week too. Here's what I did this past week.

Monday
20 min. walk
30 min. functional training circuits
10 min. stretching

Tuesday
15 min. mobility
70 min. rockin models dvd
10 min. stretching

Wednesday
20 min. mobility
20 min. full body interval workout
20 min. stretching

Thursday
15 min. mobility
15 min. modified 300 workout (instructions for that are in this weeks article: Burn Fat Fast 10 Minute Workout
5 min. stretching

Friday
15 min. mobility
25 min. walk
20 min. full body exercises challenge

Saturday
15 min. mobility
25 min. walk
90 min. daily energy yoga (featured in my article: Boost Energy Workout Tips

Sunday
not sure yet most likely walking, lower body and core

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 11/20/11 01:02 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I have been so busy with family that I had no time to post workouts but I walked and did yoga pretty much daily Thanksgiving week. I also managed to fit in two strength workouts and my 8 Minute Abs workout that I filmed and posted over at my free workouts blog. Even though I was super busy Thanksgiving week I didn't let the holiday, family, etc. derail me. The trick to eating healthy and working out during the super busy holiday season is planning ahead and being more flexible with your workouts than usual!

This past week's workouts were:

Monday - 30 min. walk, 20 min. sun salutation
Tuesday - 30 min. functional training and 20 min. yoga stretches
Wednesday - 18 min.
Thursday - 50 min. Rockin Models DVD (yoga and lower body)
Friday - 15 min. modified 300 workout, 20 min. holiday fatloss circuit, 10 min. stretching
Saturday 20 min. walk,, 15 min. Turbo Jam DVD, 30 min. lunar flow yoga, 10 min. foam roller work
Sunday - 30 min. walk, 30 min. TRX stretches and foam roller work

I also did 10-15 min. of mobility daily. I've been feeling very sore the last few days because I switched to new workouts this past week. I'm hoping doing more foam roller work will help.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 12/04/11 03:25 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Monday's workout was 40 minute full body functional training circuits and about 20 min. of stretching

Tuesday I walked to the park did some mobility work there then ran back home (took me about 20 min.) then I did 55 min. of Xtend Barre DVD (ballet workout) which was the perfect workout for an intermittent fasting day. Only problem is I increased the weight on upper body stuff so I am sooo sore today. My triceps, biceps, shoulders, and back are so tight.

Today I'm doing 10 min. of mobility followed by 10 min. of modified 300 workout (filming it again for additional footage and hopefully posting this workout with video and instructions by Thursday). Right after that I'm doing the holiday fatloss workout (filming that too) which is a quick lower body cardio circuit that takes about 10-15 min. After this I'm doing yoga about 20 min.

I am really happy with my fat loss at this point but my waist measurement seems to be stuck so need to add some pilates into the mix to tighten up the core from the inside. Pilates is amazing for losing inches and debulking the waist. Check out my latest article on Pilates: Pilates at Home Workouts Guide

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My workouts this week were not as long or intense as usual because I've been dealing with neck/shoulder/hip tension.

I exercised Sunday thru Wednesday and did a combination of functional training, shorter interval workouts, mobility work, yoga, and walking.

Thursday I went in for some myofascial release and energy work and felt great afterward but then Friday I felt horrible (massage after effects) so I was not able to workout either of those days.

I'm hoping to get back on track today with some easy yoga and core training. All the tension and pain seems to finally have subsided but I need to evaluate what I need to do to prevent it from getting this bad again. I already stretch so much. Maybe I need more days off? Not sure. Will be seeing sports therapist later this month for more bodywork and advice.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 12/17/11 01:34 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I was able to do mobility plus a full body interval workout Saturday (took about 30 min.) plus I stretched for 40 min. afterwards.

Sunday we went for a very long walk stopping to do errands along the way (library, hardware store, grocery store). It took us about an hour to walk and additional 15 min. to run our errands. Not sure what the mileage is but felt like 3-4 miles (some hills but nothing too intense). Was very fun even though it was freezing cold.

Filming holiday fatloss circuit this morning a.k.a. the nutcracker workout. Will be posting that later tonight or tomorrow.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
More workouts from this week:

Monday - Holiday Fat Burning Exercises Workout

Tuesday - 30 min. flow yoga 30 min. advanced yoga poses (intense stretch that felt amazing) 30 min. walk

Wednesday - 20 min. walk to warm up (no running intervals)
10 min. mobility exercises
30 min. supersets:

superset 1
12 (each side) deep lunge w/7 lb dumbbells
12 resistance band rows
rest 30 seconds repeat 2 more times

superset 2
12 step ups (each side 2 steps at a time)
12 incline pushups on stairs
rest 30 seconds repeat 2 more times

superset 3
8 stability ball leg curls
12 stability ball db tricep extensions
12 db curls to oh press
repeat 2 more times

superset 4
12 bent over glute kickbacks (each side)
12 of various ab exercises (ball crunches superset 1, ball knee ins superset 2, leg raises superset 3)
repeat 2 more times

Stretch for 5 min.

Thursday - 30 min. full body pilates (easy) 30 min. walk and 8 Minute Abs Workout

Friday - 40 min. fire chakra yoga

Saturday - same workout as Thursday with slightly heavier weights and going for 30 min. walk later tonight

Sunday - day off (that means easy mobility and stretching while watching a movie)

Happy Holidays! Give yourself the gift of exercise this weekend. You'll be happy you did next week.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.