Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Happy September! My good friend Dave Bourdeau gave me a “do not complain” bracelet a few days ago. It inspired me to do a 30-day No Complain challenge!

Join me! Start by getting a journal today. You can use one you already have. You can use your phone or tablet. Heck, you can just post to social media.

However you do it, post something you are grateful for!
[Linked Image]

I’ll be putting together a book about this project, so any feedback you offer will be great! Here’s my draft at an introduction.

Complaining. It seems to be all around us. People complain about the weather. About the traffic. About their health. About politics. Hour after hour is invested in being angry about something in our world.

That is where this 30 Days of Uplifting Words project comes in.This isn’t about not caring. Quite the opposite – it is about caring so much that you want to spend your precious time doing something rather than whining about it.

The Uplifting Words project seeks to help us become more aware about how we invest our energy and time. We all have limited amounts of both. Our time on this Earth could end at any moment.

Every day matters.I very first began a Do Not Complain project back on April 7, 2008. I’ve started and stopped it any number of times, but each new session revitalized my energy levels and focus.

I was drawn to tackle this again when a good friend, Dave Bourdeau, gifted me with a Do Not Complain bracelet in the end of August 2019. I decided right then to start afresh with a 30-day challenge in September 2019. That formed the basis for this book. I wrote messages to myself on it in gold Sharpie. When we are participating in this project, we still make note of the things happening in the world around us. We make note of things which we’d like to be different.

And then, instead of simply ranting about it to family and friends, we find some way in which we can make a difference.

We all have different roles.

Maybe we like to write letters. We can be one of the people to send a letter in to a representative to make a voice heard. Politicians do cave to overwhelming pressure, and every voice adds into that.

Maybe we like to post on social media. We can spread the news about a problem so that more people become aware. That will trigger more voices to rise up about it.

Maybe there’s concrete action we can take in our own lives. If the issue is with childhood hunger, maybe we can volunteer time at a local food bank. Maybe we can donate some food. Maybe we can spread the word so others donate food.

There are a myriad of ways to help.

It all begins with easing back on the complaining and whining, one day at a time. With refocusing those energies and minutes to something productive. Something which will help.

Something which will make our world a better place for us all.

Let’s begin!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Here's my full text for Day One - let me know if you have any suggestions!

The beginning of any new project is often a mixture of excitement, trepidation, and curiosity.

Will this work? Just how will it go?

For today, it’s time to lay the groundwork. If you’re able to, and want one, get a physical journal. There’s just something special about writing things down on paper. If you already have one, great! You can use that one. You can use any notepad or pad of paper.

If you prefer the electronic world, start up an area on your laptop, computer, tablet, or phone. Give it a fun name and/or icon that will inspire you.

You can also do this online. Post your entries to social media. Find like-minded friends to join in with you. It could be that the more you post, the more that others start to join in. It can build its own momentum!

So here’s your task for day one.

Post or write just one thing you’re grateful for. If you want, give thought to why you’re grateful for that item. What makes it so meaningful to you?

Think about that thing a few times during the day. Keep in mind that, with whatever other challenges you face, you have that item in your world.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Here's my response for Day One.

I am grateful for the support of my family. I hear from other people how their parents were never around when they were growing up. How in their current lives other family members actively denigrate and scoff at the things the person loves to do.
That is wholly baffling to me. Life is so short. Why would someone spend their time ridiculing the passion of someone else? We have more than enough room in our world for all types of interests.
Every day, I know my family is cheering me on in my writing, art, and other projects. I am grateful for that.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Day 2 of the 30 Days of Gratitude challenge! Come join us!

First, post something you’re grateful for today. That’s part of every day.

Then think up a mantra for yourself. An inspirational saying. Something that inspires you. Write it down somewhere. You can put it on your desk or in your purse or anywhere at all.

Mine is “Be the change you wish to see in the world” :).

What is yours?

[Linked Image]

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I am grateful that I can work from home in my pajamas, with my kitties lounging alongside me. All day long I do things which bring me joy. I can write about topics I care deeply for and share those with the world.

Low Carb Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Day 1 - Sunday was a beautiful day. Going to church is always uplifting.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Day 2 - Monday, Labor Day. My son came over to give his Dad a hand with some technology. While he was here he found a box of his CDs, a little bowl he made in the 3rd grade, and a napkin holder he made in woodworking shop in high school. Those items are now at his house.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Those are both wonderful days, Angie!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Day 3 of the 30 Days of Gratitude challenge!

First, post or write something you’re grateful for.

Think about your mantra. Then, today’s task!

Build a personal Board of Directors. Anyone at all can be on it. Real or virtual. Who would you choose?

Write down their names.

Then ask each one for guidance on a challenge you face. Listen to their responses.

[Linked Image]

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I am grateful I am healthy and full of energy. I have so many things stacked up on my to-do list which need to get done. I’m grateful I can work hard all day long to make progress on them.

Low Carb Forum
Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.