Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 55 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 54 55
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Working on a mail server move and waiting for the server files to process. Finished up mystery book 29 while waiting for the next step to be ready.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm still working on the big mail server move. I'm exhausted - this is taking quite a while. But I did finish mystery book 30 while waiting for files to process!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I haven't done book 31 yet. Soon, I hope. Busy fixing some issues in the forums and on the server.

What are you guys writing?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I finally feel like I can start to breathe again. My servers still have hiccups but are generally running smoothly. I just finished all the Mused Literary Review voting. I still have pending finishing reading all the BellaOnline Ebook Award entries, but I can now tackle that with focus and attention, which was important to me. I was just too frazzled up until now.

It is NaNoWriMo but I’ve hit reservations about my Oxendine story. I find I’m hesitant to cast Naomi Oxendine’s first lover in an “abusive” light as he is part of many peoples’ genealogies. I don’t want to upset them. What if they think of him as a treasured great-great-great-great grandfather for some reason? He was known as the “Devil” Bill Williams but maybe they think that was a term of endearment. Or playful wildness. So I’ve stalled. I also had her cheating on Bill – the timing is that she had two kids with him (unmarried) then her next child with the next guy is the very next year. So the kids come rapid fire. But I’m not sure if a cheating heroine is going to sit well with people. And I find I resist it as well. So I think I want to redo that. I don’t think I’ll finish my 50k words by the 30th, in any case.

I did some work on medieval novel #14, but find myself discouraged that it’s only 20k words or so and already at chapter 15. I wrote lots of short chapters. I like my novels to end up about 70k words as a minimum. The longest is 117k words. The story is already at its halfway point so I feel like I’m going to have to drag it out. That’s what happened to Looking Back, where I had to keep having stuff happen to her after where I thought the story “should end”. So I want to avoid that feeling.

I have 12 medieval novels out, and the reason I skipped working on #13 is that the characters there sleep together within a day. I’ve gotten grief from some readers about my characters in Sworn Loyalty (#11) sleeping together after only a week, and those characters had some history. My readership likes the more gentle, slow approach to things. Which I do appreciate. So I have to ponder what to do. Maybe I will rearrange things so they are just lusting at the beginning. It’s one of those face-death-and-fall-hard situations. And she’s a widow, so she’s not a blushing virgin. Still, though.

I haven’t done my compiling of my black cat series yet. I need to do that. It feels “tedious” to do so I’m putting it off, but it would bring in easy income. So I should just do it.

I’m really liking doing the watercolors to go with my poetry book. It’s incredibly relaxing and soothing. And I can do them while watching TV with Bob, so a win-win. I’m also liking working with my friend Debi on a children’s book about a black cat. Again, relaxing and soothing.

The biggest issue that’s hit recently is that Amazon spotted one of my books which was set as Kindle Exclusive and which accidentally went live in Lulu. Amazon then stripped ALL of my Kindle Exclusive books out of KU which was bringing me in great traffic. I wrote them promptly to apologize, I fixed Lulu, and I asked what I can do to fix this. I haven’t heard back and it’s been several days. That’s unusual for them. So I think they’re not going to relent. This means I have to quickly get all those books live in all other systems to try to make up that lost income. I was making a fair amount from the KU borrows. Can I make that much with those books in other systems as “sales”? A lot of these are 99 cent books that I was getting $1.51 paid to me per borrow, rather than the 30 cent royalty one normally makes. So I’d have to sell 5 times as many books to make it up, on systems like iTunes and Nook which traditionally get far lower traffic than Amazon does. So part of me sees this as fairly challenging. But on the other hand I hear from writer after writer that they make as much if not more on these other platforms than they do on Amazon, so it’s about finding that audience. If this is just the way things are for me now (being blocked from KU) then I need to give it a whole-hearted try. Wishing for a change or grousing about life changing does little good. I need to see what the new reality is and tackle it as best I can.

I want to do a yoga book, maybe because it’d be quick, easy, and relaxing. But I do have so many other pending projects that I should put it off. Still, I find in life if I do something I crave that it gets done quickly, easily, and then I move on to other things with energy. If instead I force myself to do less-in-tune projects they go slowly and everything takes longer. So at least for me the key to cranking through projects is to energize myself with ones I love. That then gives me the energy to get through the other ones quickly as well.

How are you guys doing this week?

Lisa

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Working on book 2 of my 1800s Lumbee Indian / black historical series. What are you guys working on? Happy Thanksgiving!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My son James just left and I’m now on an insane quest to write the remaining 24,300 words of NaNoWriMo in the next 7 hrs. Can it be done?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Good news - wrote 10k words in the past 4 hours. Bad news - have to write 16k more in the next 3 smile. Time to get writing! #nanowrimo

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Fingers are tired but I'm content. I crossed the 50,000 word goal of #NaNoWriMo and have a novella series about the 1800s Lumbee Indians.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm on the final round of polishing for my 1800s black / Native American novella set in Tennessee - I'm on my last call for quick weekend proofers! I'll be going live with it Sunday evening!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My 1800s Irish-black-Lumbee-Indian novella is loading up live! It should be ready in a few hours. I'll post a link when it is! smile

Low Carb Forum
Page 25 of 55 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 54 55

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.