BellaOnline

What Did You Write Today?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb

What Did You Write Today? - 05/02/13 02:58 PM

We have an Earth Day challenge - write for just ten minutes today!

Chime in with what you've worked on. What projects are you currently tackling?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/08/13 02:32 PM

I finally added a chapter to my latest medieval novel. I'd gotten "stuck" about halfway through because the plot had gotten extremely tangled. I wasn't quite sure exactly how I wanted to resolve a few of the threads. I finally made some decisions and plowed ahead. It should be easier now to finish this one off.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/12/13 07:39 PM

Technically it was last night but I added another five pages to my sci-fi novel. I had gotten home from a dinner party and was a bit too wound up to go to bed, and I was at my mom's house so I couldn't work. It was good to make some progress on that.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/17/13 09:38 PM

Interestingly, on my sci-fi novel I had reached the point at about page 100 that my dream-story had "stopped" and I had to start inventing. And suddenly I had a serious plot twist come to mind, that I'm still not quite sure I want to weave in. It would make this story much different than the others I've written. So I'm hesitating, but for some reason it feels like I should do this. So it's an interesting process.

What are you guys working on?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/18/13 11:45 PM

OK even more interestingly, after mulling over this twist for a day, I've come up with a twist on the twist that makes me much happier smile. So I now have a plan to move ahead with.

Is anybody else working on a fiction novel or story?
Posted By: gn20611

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/19/13 12:35 AM

I always have something happy or not happy every day , but I don't like talk with any person, I would like to write it down,I think it is very nice.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/07/13 03:43 AM

When do you write? When I head up to bed, I usually write for 30-60 minutes on my laptop as my wind-down period. It relaxes me.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/09/13 09:18 PM

Hurrah! The first draft of my 11th medieval novel - Sworn Loyalty - is complete! 210 pages, 62,000 words - my aim is to have it out by August. I continually edit and revise as I go, so the first half of it has been read and re-read probably 100 times by now. It's the last few chapters I now want to really work on, to polish those up.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/09/13 03:39 AM

Sworn Loyalty - a Medieval Romance is in final review. My second modern murder mystery starts being written on August 1st. In the meantime, I'm working on In A Glance - my 12th medieval novel which is nearly done with its first pass.

What are you working on?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/17/13 01:46 PM

My 12th medieval novel, In a Glance, is done with its first pass at 242 pages / 70k words. Now I can focus on the upcoming murder mystery smile. I start writing that on August 1st, a chapter a day. What are you guys doing today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/18/13 04:34 PM

Last night, with that 12th novel done, my mind was finally clear to begin planning for Birch Blackguards. I mapped out the first 15 days / 15 chapters of the novel. I need to do some mapping since I am going to be in the actual locations on the days in question. So I need to plan my schedule smile.

What did you guys write today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/19/13 03:44 PM

Last night I finished mapping out the timeline for my second murder mystery, Birch Blackguards. I will be writing it day-by-day in Aug. Usually I don't map out books like this but since I will need to be in certain locations on certain days, I need some sort of a schedule for this smile.

What writing have you been doing?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/24/13 03:33 PM

The night before last, even though I have two medieval novels pending plus a modern murder mystery about to begin, I was drawn to work on my near-future-bleak-fantasy novel that I started a year or so ago. I hoped by working on it that I'd get that out of my system before I began my chapter-a-day murder mystery on August 1.

So then LAST night it was even stranger. I felt strongly called to work on my sci-fi-space-fantasy, one I'd been working on since probably 1990 and which I hadn't touched in over a year. I have 38,000 words done on it and "know" the whole story in my head but haven't ever written it all out. For some reason I really want to work on that right now.

Have you had that happen, where you "should" work on one project but you crave working on another?
Posted By: Chelle Marriage - Marriage Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/24/13 05:08 PM

Oh yes! I'll be working on one article, and it completely doesn't "vibe" with me, so I'll switch to another topic and stick that one on the backburner.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/25/13 02:26 PM

Michelle -

That sounds like a good idea. That way you always have ideas waiting in the wings smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/25/13 02:26 PM

My sci-fi space fantasy is now at 180 pages, 47k words.

New plan, maybe I can finish this off before August 1st. Then I can clear my head and be fully focused for the murder mystery novel. I think I have about five chapters left to write out. I should be able to do a chapter a day - that's traditional NaNoWriMo speed.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/25/13 05:08 PM

LOL ok this is getting worse. Now my sci-fi-space story has 191 pages / 51k words but has 6 chapters left to go. It's expanding as I write.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/27/13 11:47 AM

My sci-fi space story is at 218 pages / 61k words, with four chapters left to go (it expands as I write). I have five days left to finish, before I'm scheduled to begin that murder mystery. I know I can do this smile.

What are you working on?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/29/13 03:29 PM

Up to 240 pages / 69k words on the space story. Estimate 3 chapters left. That gives me one a night to be ready for August 1st. Tight. What are you writing today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/01/13 01:44 AM

My sci-fi space story is now complete, at 264 pages, 77k words. So I'm free and clear to start my murder mystery story, a chapter a day, for the month of August.
Posted By: Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/01/13 01:29 PM

That is so cool that your space story is complete! What do you plan to do with it from here?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/01/13 01:49 PM

Val -

August is dedicated to writing my murder mystery in a chapter-a-day format.

Once August is done, I have a medieval novel which has gone through all its polishing rounds and in the hands of a final editor. So I expect her to be done with the novel by September 1st and I'll spend September implementing her changes and putting that novel live.

Once that is done, maybe mid-September to October, I can start polishing runs on the space story and the murder mystery. It can easily take me many months to polish a story, as I read and re-read and re-read them. So time will tell when they're ready to then hand over to my review team.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/02/13 03:46 AM

OK, August Project, Day 1.

I had mapped out my plan for the book ahead of time, since I need to be in certain places on certain days for this. I want to actually go where I write about on a given day. I realized in my mapping out process that certain places were only open on certain days, so that impacted my storyline.

Today I had to go to an abandoned drive-in, and also watch Gentleman's Agreement. Then I wrote up the first day.

The book is currently 25 pages and 4,000 words. Some of those pages are of course the title page and dedication page and so on. So in terms of Chapter 1 there are six full pages of content for that.

Tomorrow will be day 2!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/03/13 02:57 AM

Day 2 of Birch Blackguards is now complete. I'm at 31 pages / 6k words. I got to kayak today and work it into the story, always a bonus.

I'm pleased, so far, with how the story is unfolding. I went back and worked through Chapter 1 some as well, polishing it up.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/04/13 04:44 PM

Good for you, Lisa, doing your projects in linear sequence. I have tried writing simultaneous projects, but I have found that the best use of my time is to do as you are doing.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/04/13 10:24 PM

Val -

To be fair, I normally have multiple projects going at once. I love having that flexibility, because it means if I'm in a down mood, or upbeat mood, or so on, that there's a story being worked on that I can write. I like having those options.

This is a special case because I need to finish it within the one month. So I want to remove distractions from getting that done.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/06/13 03:08 AM

On page 55 / 13k words of Birch Blackguards in my August nanowrimo project. So far staying on schedule, one chapter a day. It is definitely helping to have my "locations" mapped out, so I can plan when I will be where, and watch the weather, since many involve kayaking. So far the weather has cooperated.

I had to slide a few things around based on when restaurants are open and closed, so it was good that I could prepare for that.

There's also some interesting news-worthy things going on in town that I am incorporating into the storyline, so that's fun as well.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/07/13 02:20 AM

Finished Chapter 6, my August nanowrimo project is now up to 61 pages / 15k words. The story is chugging along well smile.

I'm also learning all sorts of bizarre things about my town as I do this research. The seedy underbelly, as it were. So I'm deciding what to include and not include. Apparently some people are extremely litigious. So I want to avoid that.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/10/13 03:47 AM

Just finished up Chapter 9 in my August nanowrimo project, currently at 77 pages, 19,000 words. The murder mystery is heating up!

So I'm nearly a third done.

How are you guys doing with your projects?
Posted By: Elleise - Clairvoyance

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/10/13 03:57 AM

That's so cool!

Mysteries I listen to often, starting way back when like under the sheets with a short-wave (?) radio? I don't think that's the right word, but anyway, w/the kindle,same thing.

Writing? Today I finished an article I've actually been finding myself afraid of writing. Not in content, but just harder to write.

So I'm happy this morning I actually did it a day earlier than I programmed it to post.

Tomorrow, I work on the newsletter wink

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/12/13 02:54 PM

Lisa, you are making impressive progress! Especially because beginnings seem to be harder than anything else. Once you get that beginning going, even if you decide to completely rewrite it later, it brings momentum and that makes everything easier. I am also very intrigued by how you're going around your local region, experiencing things, and then working that into the plot. Elleise, I hear you about being afraid to start a writing project. I think it goes back to beginnings again and how hard it is to get started. Once the momentum gets going, it gets easier. Congrats on doing your project! As for me, I just read through the beginning of a paranormal romance I have started, and the interactions between the two main characters seem a little flat. So I'm going to rewrite and concentrate on what they would really say to each other upon first meeting. For me, dialog is the easiest way to climb into a story and get it moving. Maybe because I talk a lot in real life. :D

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/12/13 03:44 PM

Karen -

Definitely there are times that our minds can resist writing. Part of what helps is to set up a welcoming atmosphere. Create a writing area which is warm and encouraging. That way, when you sit there, you are drawn to writing.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/12/13 03:45 PM

Val -

It is so true that just taking the first step is often a challenge. That is part of why projects like NaNoWriMo are so wonderful. They give people that starting point. "YOU WILL START TODAY!!" So they take a deep breath and just do it. And then it gets easier and easier!

It is great that you're working on a paranormal romance! That sounds intriguing. Could you share a little of what it's about?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/12/13 03:46 PM

I was away from the house Saturday night, so I'm a day behind in writing up my chapter-a-day book. I'm at 83 pages, 21k words. Tonight I'll need to write two chapters to catch up. So I'll write up Sunday's happenings, and then I'll write up today (Monday's) happenings as I normally would.

I'm nearing the half-way point!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/12/13 08:26 PM

It's very true what you say, Lisa. The more you write, the easier it gets because of momentum and practice. Congrats on nearing the halfway point of your mystery! I mentioned this forum thread in my first newsletter because I think it's very valuable for other writers to see what you're accomplishing here, just within the space of a month. And I would love to tell you about my paranormal romance -- thank you for asking! I got the idea from re-reading some Tony Hillerman mysteries and getting fascinating by the somewhat bleak Navajo concept of no defined afterlife other than a brief, evil ghost that causes trouble before it dissipates. Then I wondered, what if I wrote something with a Navajo main character and he starts to see ghosts and realizes that this belief is absolutely true?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/13/13 05:15 AM

Dear Val -

That is a fascinating storyline! I'm very interested in Native American cultures, so I'd be quite intrigued by it. On the down side, I have all sorts of challenges reading or watching horror stuff, so I might not be able to get through it, especially with nasty ghosts. So we'll have to see smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/13/13 05:17 AM

I've now caught back up with my August nanowrimo project. I'm currently at 103 pages, 27,000 words. I got to incorporate Sunday's meteor shower, too. So that was nice!

So today (Tuesday) I'll be writing Chapter 13, at the end of the day.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/13/13 10:01 AM

Thank you, Lisa! I'm glad it came across sounding like it has potential. I have had synopses and blurbs on my mind lately, and it occurred to me that paranormal or horror novels are at the biggest disadvantage when summarized because they depend upon the writing generating a suspenseful atmosphere. When reduced to a few sentences, the basic idea can sound kind of goofy! :D Meanwhile, I'm right there with you on the Native American cultures. Every culture in the world addresses the big question of the afterlife, and most range from offering simple comfort to putting on a hard sell for this or that religion. But the Navajo have the bleakest view on death and the afterlife that I've ever run across, unlike the neighboring Pueblo cultures (which have otherwise influenced their culture in many ways). I wish I knew more about how and why the Navajo came to see it that way.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/13/13 10:04 AM

Also -- big congrats on moving forward with your project! Am I calculating that right? That between yesterday afternoon and this morning, you wrote 6,000 more words? That's amazing!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/16/13 08:55 PM

I didn't write last night, because I was finishing up voting for the upcoming Mused issue. So I was reading through non-fiction and poetry.

So I'm still at 116 pages, 31,000 words. I should be working on it some more tonight, depending on how much energy I have. My son is over visiting, meaning we had pizza, meaning I am now very sleepy. Carbs definitely sap my energy. It makes me want to just sit on the couch and stare at the tv, which isn't good.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/16/13 10:06 PM

31,000 words is a great start to a mystery! In the genre I write for, it is a good total length right there. The 30K to 60K novella is very popular with readers. Long enough to be emotionally involving, but short enough not to demand too much reading time. As for me, I have managed to start that fiction project I mentioned, and write the first 1400 words on the much-dreaded beginning. Hope the momentum will pick up soon. Writing dialog usually helps with that.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/17/13 03:33 AM

Val -

With my ten medieval novels, my shortest one is 68,000 words and the longest one is 117,000. Aspen Allegations, which was my first murder mystery, was 71,000 words.

I don't aim for a particular length, but they end up being in that range.

It seems to be impacted by how long I keep revising it. The ones I've been revising for years and years tend to grow as I keep adding in more story bits smile

That's great that you have begun your project! Erase the dread smile. Mindsets impact our progress. Find a way to be encouraged about your project!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/17/13 03:40 AM

My #nanowrimo August story is now at 126 pages, 34k words. I've finished chapter 16. I'm weaving a story and minding those loose ends smile

I'm now heading into the crescendo part of the story! We'll see how it plays out.

I am finding my planning efforts are helping me map out when to be where. I'm getting good "real time" information from the places I visit. For example, last week when I visited the golf course for one scene, a storm came in and they sounded the air horn to get the golfers off the course. So I got to build that into the story, to add texture to what happened.

The last "set place" is coming up on Sunday, and then the rest should be open. So that's good. I like playing things by ear, and going with where the story moves me, so I'll be able to do that more easily with the last third of the book, which I think is where it'll need it the most.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/17/13 11:40 AM

Very good advice about the dread and the mindset. But I'm getting very intrigued with my project actually, and a lot of this is due to seeing how much progress you're making. I've never pushed myself to do a NaNoWrite type of thing, but I'm seeing the example you're setting. I think a lot of us fiction writers make the mistake of thinking that we have to wait around for the Muse to tap us on the shoulder. I know I wasted time on that when younger. Meanwhile, big congrats on getting to 34K and nearing the end of your location research. I'm picturing that air horn going off and all those golfers scurrying for shelter so they don't get hit by lightning!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/23/13 05:08 PM

Val -

I think that's key. Definitely there's something to be said for inspiration. At the same time, machinery needs practice. You can't just wait to do a fantastic watercolor painting without ever practicing. If you practice daily then when the muse hits you're ready.

If you want to have fun biking, you can't neglect the bike for months in preparation. You should bike daily, keeping those gears turning, so when the muse hits you're ready.

The same is true with writing! Write daily, even if you're not inspired. Just write. That way when you ARE inspired the gears turn smoothly!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/23/13 05:09 PM

My murder mystery is now at 148 pages, 40k words. I'm developing some cool plot twists thanks to people I am encountering each day.

I had some gap days with my busy schedule, so I'd just jot down notes on that day. I then go back and fill them in on later days. At this point I'm fairly caught up. There are still some holes to fill in, but that's OK. That's what a first draft is all about smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/26/13 03:45 PM

It's now the last week of my August #nanowrimo mystery novel project. It's winding up well!

I'm also brainstorming a medieval novel, so that's all "in my head" for now.

How about you? What are you writing today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/27/13 02:35 AM

My August nanowrimo murder mystery is now at 165 pages, 43,000 words. Only a few days / chapters left before this wraps up.

I also started up my "skeleton document" for that medieval novel #17, to get the basic idea written down. That way it doesn't get too lost with everything else that is going on.

On the medieval side, I have 10 published. Another 2 are done and waiting to be published. Then I have 5 which are in the works, including this latest one.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/29/13 04:03 AM

Birch Blackguards is now up to 178 pages, 47,000 words. Only 3 days and 3 chapters left on this summer #nanowrimo project.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/29/13 04:01 PM

I just finished writing a short ebook on Conquering your Fear of Spiders. The main meat of the information is 21 pages long. I'm aiming to sell it as a 99 cent ebook.

If anyone is interested in getting a review copy, so I could have some feedback on what to tweak, please let me know! I'm happy to send along whatever version works best for you.
Posted By: Leif - Role Playing Games

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/29/13 07:01 PM

I wouldn't mind reviewing, Lisa smile that sounds like it'd be a fun read. Are you looking just for feedback you can implement by the end of this weekend?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/29/13 07:10 PM

Awesome Leif - what format would you prefer? I can send just about any kind.

I want any and all feedback you can provide. The beauty of the self publishing world is that I can update it whenever I want. So even if you sent me feedback two weeks from now, I could still integrate it and pop up a new version.
Posted By: Leif - Role Playing Games

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/29/13 07:16 PM

.ODT would work best for me (I use Open Office), otherwise either a PDF or .DOC file. I once got to watch a friend overcome her fear of snakes. If it happens again, maybe I can offer some of your advice!

Good point, that's quite a strength smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/29/13 07:34 PM

Dear Leif -

ODT it is. I'll send that along! Thanks so much smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/30/13 02:47 AM

Birch Blackguards is at 184 pages, 48,000 words. Reaching the end of my #nanowrimo project. Just two more days.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/31/13 12:57 PM

Bob interrupted my writing last night to take me out to dinner, so I only got to 190 pages / 50k words in my #nanowrimo project. That means I have to finish chapter 30 and write chapter 31 today, to wrap up the story. I can do it! smile What are you working on?
Posted By: Sandra Investing/HFinance

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/31/13 02:45 PM

Awesome, Lisa. And I really enjoyed Conquering Your Fear of Spiders. I put a review on Amazon. I hope you have a lot of success with it. It is great to help others out. Hopefully, many people will be able to conquer their fear.

Now, I have a question. I have several short mystery stories I wrote years ago. They are around 3,000 words each. Three are with the same characters. The others are different characters. I want to publish them as Ebooks.

Should I put several together as one book? Keep them separate? Is 3,000 words too short an ebook? Also, they are a little dated since they were written in the early 90's. Should I refresh them or publish them as "vintage" or 90's mysteries? Also, would I make chapters or just let the book flow through?

Thanks for the help and feedback.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/31/13 03:28 PM

Thank you so much, Sandra. I'm glad you liked it!

Our fears in life hold us back. They prevent us from doing things we want, and they cause our bodies harm with stress. And it's all "in our head". It's well worth it for us to work on those fears, and to move past them. After all, we only have one life - why waste any hour of it in a needless upset state?

I just did a test and it looks like 3,000 words is about four pages of text. In my mind that's a bit short to sell as an ebook. A user might balk at that being "all they got" for their 99 cents (the cheapest you can sell one for).

What I would do is bundle the three same-character ones together as a set. That's now twelve pages which is a good length. It'll have a title page and intro text and then biography at the end, so probably say 16-18 pages in the end. That will be nice. And people will get a "full experience". Start with that and see how it goes. Then you can do a bundle of three related (not necessarily same-character) stories for the next set, and so on. Design the covers and so on so it's clear they're all part of an overall "set" to encourage people to buy them all.

It's fine that they don't share the same characters - my medieval novels are all separate characters. They're all still part of a set.

You definitely want "heading 1" tags for each new story. They're not chapters in a book - but they are each a new heading, with its own table of contents entry.

I'm not sure what the dated concern is. If they're set in the 90s, that is great. People love reading novels set in other times. Just make it clear with some sort of reference, early in the story, when it's set, so they get that sense of place and time.
Posted By: Grace - Mystery Movies

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/31/13 05:18 PM

Lisa,

I'd like to read the Spider book, and would review on Amazon this weekend. PDF is best for me if that's okay.

I'm interested to see if there are some transferable techniques to use for other fears - I'm struggling with fear of driving right now.

Thanks,

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/31/13 08:02 PM

Thank you for the feedback, Lisa. I'll start working on formatting my Ebooks.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/31/13 08:08 PM

Grace,

I used to be afraid to drive. But I got over it. I think Lisa's approach to slowly see the benefits of what you fear and to take small steps to desensitize would work for lots of fears. If you like, maybe we can brainstorm some baby steps to help you with your fear? And I do recommend Lisa's book.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/31/13 10:59 PM

Grace -

I've sent along the ebook in PDF format. I'd love to hear any feedback you have.

Yes, definitely, I find the same approach works on a variety of fears. You take them in tiny tidbits. You work on one small manageable tidbit at a time.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/13 12:38 AM

Sandra -

Interestingly, as you saw, I do even use a fear of driving as an example. It's something that most of us have to overcome.

Absolutely it's true that the more things we learn to face, the better we get at facing them. It's great for our overall growth and stability.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/13 12:39 AM

My murder mystery #nanowrimo project is now complete! 196 pages, 52,000 words. Happy!

Now comes the polishing smile With my first one winning that gold medal, I now have high standards for the second one, and want to make sure it lives up to the expectations.

How are you doing?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/13 01:54 AM

Just finished a polishing read-through of Sworn Loyalty, my 11th #medieval novel which is slated to be published in late September. Every time I read through one of my books I make little tweaks to it. There's always something to change. #writing

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/13 04:38 PM

Lisa,

Thanks for the PDF. I look forward to reading this afternoon.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/13 04:48 PM

Sandra,

Thank you for your support. I got my UK driving licence over 30 years ago and was always a confident driver, and I enjoyed driving too. I didn't have a car for a few years - couldn't afford it - and then in 2011 came over here to get married. I've got my USA Learner's Permit and have driven a few times, but find the amount of traffic and the multi-lane roads very unnerving.

Also I never had a car with power steering, I just used brute force to turn corners! So that's something else to get used to.

I suppose it's a question of just doing it until it feels familiar, but that's problem. I want to start driving, but at the same time don't want to get behind the wheel.

If you can suggest any ways to overcome this, I'll be most grateful indeed!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/13 05:58 PM

Grace,

I can see your predicament. I'm sure getting used to driving on the opposite side of the road is a challenge, too. In fact, my acupuncturist just visited his brother in England and he commented that he thought the British drivers were more courteous than US drivers.

I know that I am not fond of multi-lane traffic and avoid when I can. I don't think I would be comfortable without power steering.

So here are some thoughts on baby steps to try. Just jump in with where you feel you are in the steps. And we can discuss them together. I am happy to give support.

1. Just sit in the car with it running. It may help to visualize a route you need to drive and imagine successfully driving there. Deep breathing helps, too.

2. Practice driving in your driveway. (I am not sure if you are on a major road or have a driveway. I'm going by what I think I would try to do. When I began driving, my parents had me drive in and out our long private driveway. Then I practiced turning and parking in our field and a local parking lot.)

3. You may want to practice on a low-traffic road if one is convenient. Or in a parking lot and pretend there are cars on either side of you. This is good practice for the using your mirrors. Short burst of driving to and from home with a safe place to turnaround is an idea.

Let me know if any of these ideas appeal to you. Are they too simplistic or do they seem too hard?

P.S. You can always play a driving video game for practice.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/13 09:49 PM

I love Sandra's ideas. Especially practicing in quiet areas. Practice in an empty parking lot. Just drive around and around in the parking lot. That helps a lot!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/13 09:50 PM

My 12th medieval novel, In A Glance, is now being read by my reviewing team. My aim is for that one to go live in November.

I have novels 13-17 all in various stages of writing, but none are complete yet.
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/13 10:23 PM

I started writing ahead today. Not as big as your projects Lisa, but progress for me. Aim to write 6 articles ahead while I'm off from work this week. Picking up a rescue kitten tomorrow in the mix. lol..

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/13 10:44 PM

Lisa, BIG CONGRATS on finishing your mystery novel! I look forward to reading it.

Sandra, I would agree with Lisa's advice 100% on your mystery stories. Put them together and publish them as a collection. I've seen readers (in the romance genre) grow increasingly sensitive about how much text is enough to justify selling for even 0.99 cents. Readers have grown used to getting really good stuff for only 0.99 cents because many authors nowadays are publishing full-length novels (typically the first in a series with the sequels priced higher) at 0.99 cents to generate reader interest. So readers may understandably balk at spending it on a very short story since they're growing used to getting so much more for that price.

As for the dated content, I also agree with Lisa. Publish as is. But maybe put a setting/date label on the first page to orient your readers. Something like, "December 1995, Chicago." Mysteries from the recent past can be very interesting such as Sue Grafton's books set in the pre-internet 1980s.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 12:25 PM

Val, Thank you for the feedback. It is so helpful to get a perspective from someone with experience in publishing and fiction writing. I am going to compile my stories and keep in mind what is of value to my (hopefully) readers.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 12:35 PM

Allyson -

We all have different time and schedule demands, so we all work at our own pace! That is a fantastic goal smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 12:38 PM

Val -

I have all ten of my medieval romance novels selling at 99 cents, so that's for the full story in each case.

I was recently thinking about raising half of them to $2.99 as an experiment. I want to raise money for my cause. I wonder if more people would buy the book at $2.99 because they think it's a "worthy book" at that higher price, vs "not worth reading" at the lower price. I.e. it'd be a mind experiment. Do people sometimes pass over the cheaper books, figuring they won't be good? Sort of like being nervous about a too-cheap car because something might be wrong with it - and going with one in a price range you think is safer?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 12:38 PM

Next up on my #writing polishing list - my first sci-fi novel I was finishing up just before I began my August #nanowrimo project. It's currently 276 pages, 80k words. It's been a storyline in my head for probably 20+ years now. I tried to "get it out" by turning it into a medieval novel - but it kept pulling at me to write it "as it was". So I finally did. Now to get it into shape for the reviewer team. I have some time - I just gave them all In A Glance, my 12th medieval novel, so I don't want to give them too many things at once smile.
Posted By: Terri Jo

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 01:14 PM

My goal is to write at least two articles a week. I like having a supply built up and in Que.

There is a lot of other writing that takes up time each week also, such as FB, Google +, and Twitter post, and of course my Forum.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 04:29 PM

Lisa,

I read Conquering Your Fear of Spiders and have reviewed on Amazon. I enjoyed it and hope it does well for you.

I made a note of a few tiny points - will email you with those.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 04:34 PM

Sandra,

Thanks for your suggestions. We don't have a driveway, but our condo estate (if that's the right word) forms a block that I could drive around. The speed limit is 15mph so I couldn't do too much damage, even if things went horribly wrong!

That's my first step, then I'll take up Lisa's suggestion to drive around a parking lot.

Thanks to both of you for your support.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 04:54 PM

Grace,

I think that is an excellent first step. Wishing you well.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 05:24 PM

Sandra, you are very welcome! I’m glad we all could get a dialog going in this forum to chime in with our experiences. A range of examples can be very helpful! Best of luck with your stories and please feel free to post any questions or thoughts as you do it.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 05:33 PM

I see nothing wrong with raising the price of your full-length novels from 0.99 cents to $ 2.99. If the book sounds good through its blurb, title, reviews, and excerpt (sample chapter), the readers will find that a fair price. (They might understandably get irked about the price if your book was under 10K words.) I like how you mention the fund-raising aspect in your product description pages on Amazon. Some authors write books to raise money for LGBT issues in my genre and the readers seem to appreciate and respond to this. Your books are helping out a good cause as well.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/13 06:02 PM

Sent a sneak preview of my #sci-fi novel Aquarian Awakenings to a friend. I think every completed novel of mine is now out there somewhere. Being read by someone smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/13 02:12 PM

Worked on medieval book #13 Wearing A Mask - currently 76 pages, 16k words. This one was based on a dream. What are you writing today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/04/13 03:26 PM

My #medieval novel #13 - Wearing a Mask - is up to 93 pages, 22k words. What #writing have you been working on today? Making progress?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/04/13 03:30 PM

I wrote tips for National Healthy Aging Month and shared them on the Forum, Twitter, Facebook, and now Google+, since I now have an account there.
Posted By: Chelle Marriage - Marriage Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/04/13 06:00 PM

I had a horrid migraine today, so did not write. But yesterday I wrote 2 extra articles for the SFF Movies site.

Now I've had a shot and the computer is tolerable again.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/19/13 08:18 PM

Jody's handed over the final edits on my 11th medieval novel Sworn Loyalty. I'm implementing them this very moment smile.

What writing are you guys working on?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/20/13 01:13 AM

I'm finalizing #Medieval Book #11 - Sworn Loyalty - Jody's edits are in. It will get one last read-through and then be set smile. Launch is on Sep 30!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/24/13 04:50 PM

Ooops two people have already bought my Sworn Loyalty ebook and it wasn't finalized yet! If one of those was you, please contact me! I'll make sure you get the final version. It launches on Monday September 30th!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/24/13 08:25 PM

I'm starting my final pass on Sworn Loyalty, my 11th medieval novel - curled up in bed with a glass of sangria.

Where do you like to write?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/24/13 08:46 PM

Same place actually smile

BTW, you look very much like my sister out East.

But I'm learning things writing here. Like the forum. I can write easily or more easily in a forum because I can read little words and memorize the key-board. So, vision is an issue but not so much when I'm staring at a giant Word-doc or form.

Secondly, I thought I wasn't supposed to write in bed until now, lol. So I'd go to this desk and my mind would go blank.

Third, I find in (actually, it's a guest room I've made w/candles and antiques...) I'm in-tune? So I'm trying to combine the flow of inspiration w/the access of whatever allows me to write freely in a blog type setting and finish the darn book! smile

Basically I've been going against my nature and that is/was part of the problem...

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/25/13 11:15 AM

Working on a lot of nonfiction so I've had to put a hold on the fiction projects for now. But I'm up to 30K words on my newest nonfiction. As for where to write, often while sitting on the living room couch with the laptop in my lap. That way our cat has someone to hang out with. smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/25/13 07:31 PM

Karen - it is SO true that you want to create an atmosphere that inspires you - wherever that is. It's great that you're developing areas that work well for you!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/25/13 07:32 PM

Val - I like to mix in fiction even if it's just twenty minutes because the fiction keeps the creative juices flowing. That then helps a lot with the nonfiction writing smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/25/13 07:32 PM

While I was out kayaking today I came up with another novel idea - so this is now medieval novel #19 in the works. I'm releasing #11 - Sworn Loyalty - on Monday. Novel #12 - In a Glance - is in its final polishing stages.

So that means I have seven novels in various stages of being written. Is this too many? smile. How many do you work on at once? And this is only in the medieval part of my writing.
Posted By: Launa- Children's Books/Crafts Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/25/13 09:11 PM

It's important to have some sort of a notebook to keep track of all the ideas. I carry a little notebook in my purse to write down those ideas because they come and if I don't write them down I will forget them.
Keep writing!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/27/13 12:36 PM

Lisa how do you keep track of them and at what stage they are in? Also, when do you find time to write with all the other things you do? Do you have a structured schedule?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/29/13 04:08 PM

Terri, I was wondering that too. I don't know how Lisa does it! Especially carrying on and then have a hard drive crash..and dealing with all that. sheesh! I'm not going to fuss at myself anymore! smile She's amazing!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/29/13 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Terri-Exercise Editor
Lisa how do you keep track of them and at what stage they are in? Also, when do you find time to write with all the other things you do? Do you have a structured schedule?

Terri -

I have a main folder on my hard drive for "writing" - then a subfolder for "romance" - then a subfolder beneath that for each novel I'm working on. They are labeled with numbers so they sort in order:

1-seekingthetruth
2-knowingyourself
3-asenseofduty

and so on. In each of those folders I have two main things. First, I have the Word doc of the story itself. Second, I have a "timeline.txt" file with the main character names and attributes, as well as a basic timeline. Something like

Jan 1 - Mon - Mary and John meet
Jan 2 - Tue - fight by the bridge

and so on. That way I can keep track of the sequence and also know when Sunday falls, because in medieval times Sundays were fairly important. Religion had a strong role in their lives.

In terms of time, I do most of my writing in my head. When I'm driving somewhere, or falling asleep, what I am doing is reviewing plots. I play and replay scenes in my head. So by the time I get to the computer it's all set and I just type it in. I type about 130 wpm so that part goes fairly quickly.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/29/13 07:05 PM

Allyson -

This is my "relax activity". Where some might plunk in front of a TV, I plunk at my laptop smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/29/13 07:06 PM

I'm polishing In A Glance with Jody's notes - this is the second to last step before publishing.

After I get her notes incorporated, I'll then sit down and do one final read-through to make sure everything sounds good. Then I create my final copies and load them into Amazon. The aim is to give them enough time so both are fully live by Sunday.

What are you working on tonight?
Posted By: DeboraD

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/29/13 11:04 PM

I'm working on an eMagazine for 'tween girls called 'Tween Girls and God. Obviously, it's aimed at Christian girls aged 8-12ish. I have several writers who help with content, but I fill in the holes. smile Tonight I'm embedding a couple of videos, writing a short story/devotional and ... um ... I think that's all before proofreading and upload! Yay!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/02/13 03:24 AM

This thread might intertwine with the NaNoWriMo thread for November, but I think it's good to keep this active for those who aren't doing NaNoWriMo but who still want to write daily. It's a good plan to write even a little each day. It keeps your brain's gears turning smoothly.

I am doing NaNoWriMo so I wrote my first chapter today. I also wrote a fair amount of non-fiction web content.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/03/13 07:16 PM

Today my main focus is on my virtual book launch, which starts at 8pm EST - in about 2 hours -

In A Glance Book Launch

It's to celebrate my 12th medieval novel going live. You're all invited, of course. Lots of prizes and fun!

Once that is over, at midnight, I'll work on my NaNoWriMo for today smile.
Posted By: readytowrite

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/23/13 11:31 AM

Motivated by Val's article, Photo Writing Prompts Are Fun, on the BellaOnline Fiction writing site, I did a timed write using a photo for inspiration. It WAS fun, and sparked some creativity, so I plan to do this from time to time!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/23/13 01:47 PM

I'm so glad the article helped! You never know...your practice writing that you just completed might contain the seed of a short story or novel. smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/23/13 02:30 PM

Val - What a great idea! I'll use that for my kids as practice. Thank you!

Lisa, It's funny my husband subscribed to Verizon FIOS for our triple package, but since I joined BOL I don't even watch TV anymore. He checks the sports before he goes to bed in the morning (graveyard shifter) and if I'm done on my laptop after I get home at 10 p.m. I may watch another re-run of Law & Order, Criminal Minds or NCIS...My fave shows. But I always end up falling asleep in the recliner and wake up around 3-4 a.m.:) Even my kids don't watch TV anymore, but I need Verizon for my internet smile

But yes, my laptop became my relaxing buddy, I can spend hours on here.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/03/14 12:01 AM

Today for fiction writing I finished up my fifth novella and sent it out to my review team. One step at a time!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/03/14 03:34 PM

Congratulations on your completion!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/13/14 08:31 PM

For fiction, I am about to publish Book 1 of my new novella series - I just need to finalize the cover.

I'm also about ready to publish the sequel to my modern murder mystery series. I'm arranging for a live launch party event and just need to nail down a date for that, and then get everything ready for that date. So two fun projects.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/13/14 09:30 PM

A poem.

I've finally figured it out (writer's block syndrome) which happens to the best of us.

Surroundings, focus, support and belief.

Rejections (of the past) well you had to go through who you knew, scratch this back, etc., a lot of stuff that really, interferes w/actual, gifted and limitless, ingenuity.

NOW?

You know we can pretty much express ourselves with the creativity and gifts, no matter how old or young we are, with limited barriers.

While you can and for as long as you can, do what it is you do best! smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/26/14 02:49 AM

My son is over so I only wrote a chapter of a novel after he went to sleep last night. I'll aim to write another one tonight. What writing are you guys up to this weekend? Or, if you're reading, what are you reading?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/27/14 04:30 AM

Finally getting organized again - Julie's UTI threw a huge wrench in everything. Tomorrow is a new day!

What are you guys writing?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/13/14 03:37 AM

3:31am. Time to curl up in bed with my laptop and do a full read-through of Birch Blackguards. It's nearly ready to publish. Each read-through brings it one step closer. I wrote this back in August 2013. Do you review your books for months and months to get them "just right"?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/13/14 07:03 AM

Finished up my read-through of Birch Blackguards. Now to get some sleep. Will do one last pass on it tomorrow evening, then up it goes!
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/13/14 09:19 AM

Everyone, congratulations on your projects. I'm working on my parables for kids series - can't get away from the spiritual writing, so it seems ... but the parables are set up as short fiction stories.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/14 01:53 AM

That sounds wonderful, Susan!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/14 01:54 AM

Ready to begin my final read-through on Birch Blackguards before I put it live. Maybe I should have a launch party this weekend? I've just been so busy that I haven't hard time to plan. What do you think - Sat? Sun?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/14 05:06 AM

I really wanted to finish this last readthrough of Birch Blackguards tonight and get it live before I went to bed. But I'm exhausted. Undoubtedly it's better to finish it in the morning, when I have fresh eyes, and then put it live then. So rest it is!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/14 03:21 PM

Just waking up. Lots on my plate, but first up, I *must* finish up Birch Blackguards and get that submitted in. The IPPY awards are closing.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/14 09:03 PM

Birch Blackguards is now loaded into Amazon paperback + Kindle - it's in the process of going live. I've also updated Aspen Allegations to have a sample first chapter of Birch Blackguards at the end of it. Everything is rolling out! I'll post as soon as something is live! smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/14 10:30 PM

I'd love a link to it when you do. It's just easier that way, for me.

Even if it's just a small portion - just the title alone sounds really good!

The question, though, I forgot...What did I write TODAY? Actually alot. Mostly on paper though. But I have the office now, which actually DOES help!

That's where you go when you need to bring what's in your mind into the black and white smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/14 10:56 PM

Elleise -

Sure thing!

I've now got all three books submitted to the IPPY awards, at the very last minute of course. Time to take a break, my eyeballs hurt! I've been at my computer plowing at this project as fast I could type since I woke up at 3pm. So 8 hours straight. I'm going to watch some Blue Bloods with Bob. What are you guys doing this fine Friday?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/14 11:23 PM

Thank you smile

I can't find a thing unless it's right in front of my face. I'm sure in the bigger picture there's a reason...maybe it's not to get to distracted w/what I do-do (hate it at times) but would make for a GREAT novel grin in the process.

I'll try and look in emails, k? Whenever it's ready. It really is inspiring and thanks for the "office" I'm almost done w/it.

Wouldn't have if I hadn't found that one email, but can't remember the number, but I did it!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/14 11:30 PM

I didn't read the question, lol, I guess or missed parts of it.

What are we doing - Is it Fri???

Well my husband is working 3rd shift and I woke up about 1 not sleeping myself and writing, lol.

SoOoo, since I've done the office and have written block-style, not cursive (that helps too) but will probably wind down w/a movie and set tomorrow's goal smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/22/14 11:48 PM

I spent all week preparing for and attending an art show - now it's back to writing again! I'll do a chapter tonight for my medieval novel.

What are you working on this weekend?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/23/14 01:04 AM

I'm working on writing (and it is a bit difficult) but writing what people feel they can NOT speak openly about, but putting it into a book so to speak.

It's not vampires or well what my husband loves, "virtual video games," where he can hash out his frustrations...

But what I'm writing about are the things (eh) well they're "grey-areas."

So, I guess I'd categorize it as a "mystery"

BIG-TIME

Well, it starts with, o.k.:

"A body under a bridge."

A "Clairvoyant," whom when addressed, well...said these words:

"Don't underestimate your competition."

I'm certain that in itself could make for a SK-novel, however in this case it would be based on actual events smile

It happens such that well, the person inquiring - let's just say. "Over-estimated" their position. That TOO is part of the writing I'm working on.

Posted By: Ninjahedgewych

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/23/14 05:10 AM

An article for Bellaononline, and one to send into a UK magazine. Managers at my regular wage job have been trying to get me removed from my post so the stress has been choking my creativity a bit...

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/23/14 07:42 AM

Ian, I hope you win in the end with your paying job. That is terrible stress. Blessings. Susan

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/30/14 11:19 AM

Tomorrow is May 1st - I'll begin writing Cedar Conundrums, the third in my modern mystery romance series. A chapter a day! What are your plans for May?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/30/14 06:48 PM

My plans are content, content, content. I try to write 2 articles a week for each site. I want to build up more articles in Que. I also have 2 E-books I'm hoping to write. Busy Bee.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/08/14 03:37 PM

I am focusing on content, content, content. My schedule has me writing 2 articles a week for each site.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/09/14 12:01 AM

An Article of the spicy kind!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/31/14 04:11 PM

It's May 31st, so the ending day for my third murder mystery, Cedar Conundrums. Time to wrap the story up! What are you guys writing?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/03/14 12:19 AM

Congratulations on finishing your story. Today I wrote "Exercise Pose of the Week", "Yoga Pose of the Week" and updated all my social media.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/04/14 05:32 PM

Working diligently through the pile of friends' books I'm editing. Worked on a sci-fi chapter last night and a cartoon book today. Both are quite interesting. I'm looking forward to when these are published!

Now to make time to take a pass through my own sci-fi romance novel so I can hand that over to my beta readers. Let me know if you'd like to take a look!

What are you guys working on this week?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/05/14 05:57 AM

Finished up the read-through of my sci-fi romance; I'll send out copies to the beta-team when I wake up again. Progress! What are you doing today?
Posted By: Jana - Creativity Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/05/14 01:53 PM

Sitting outside with my laptop, getting ready to put the finishing touches on my book and write another article for my creativity site. Enjoying the not so summer like weather here. Still thinking about building that hovercraft that I've wanted to do for years.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/06/14 11:48 PM

I am putting together my next book in the Exercise Basics Series. This one will Gentle Workouts for Everyone.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/07/14 12:09 AM

Terri - I so can't wait!

I'm 54 soon to be 55 years old. Back in the day (high school) I was the Captain of 2 teams (basketball and baseball-the British version,) and also a gymnast where I could do things with my limbs - you have no idea! As I've aged, it bothers me that I am not able to be as flexible (in the joints) as I once was.

I now know what my mum was complaining about when she said her hands/hips and joints hurt when I was a young woman. I got there! I hope you have something in there for the 50+ people!

Looking forward smile

And...today I'm writing as we speak, if I can stop reading posts on BOL! LOL

Good luck with the book!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/09/14 04:44 PM

Allyson, I am 53 soon to be 54. There is great stuff for joints, and real low impact cardio. Now all I have to do is lock myself away and turn off the phone.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/17/14 05:49 AM

Did some polishing work on book 3 of my Sutton Mass Mysteries. Now time to head to bed!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/02/14 08:06 PM

My quest for today - regenerate all 12 of my medieval novels to have links to my Birch Blackguards, Spiders, and 3 sleep/dream books in them - then reload them all on Kindle-iTunes-Kobo etc. at 99 cents. Should take me a few hours smile.

What are you guys working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/03/14 02:23 AM

Excellent - just finished reloading all 12 of my medieval romance novels at 99 cents. They should be showing live soon on all platforms!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/06/14 05:01 PM

Working on new cover for my book on Herman Melville's poetry "Battle-Pieces" written during and about the Civil War - What are you working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/06/14 05:35 PM

Here's the new cover for my book on Herman Melville's poetry "Clarel" about a pilgrimage in the Holy Land

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/07/14 06:25 PM

Today my annotated versions of Battle-Pieces and Clarel are going live, as well as a new book I wrote last night on dealing with Poison Ivy.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/27/14 11:15 PM

Today I finished a "final" (heh) polishing round of Aquarian Awakenings, my new sci-fi romance. Anybody who's interested in taking a look, just let me know!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/20/14 03:04 PM

Into the Wasteland, my first novella in a new dystopian future series - is now complete! A young woman blinks into awareness as she's about to be ejected - along with fifty hardened criminals - into a barren wasteland. If she can make it the 250 miles north through dangerous terrain and hostile locals, she'll be granted amnesty. She has no idea why she's here or how she'll survive. She only knows she must.

Next I'll be working on the cover. I'll post that as soon as I get it mocked up. Let me know if you'd like an ARC of the story! It's about 30,000 words / 178 pages.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/20/14 03:45 PM

... What do you think - does this cover scream dystopian future? It's set in North Dakota. The opening scene looks like this. I like the bright teal of the bottom, but tire fires are incredibly smoky. The top really should be solid black, but it'd blot out the landscape.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/20/14 04:07 PM

Or I could lay into the smoke a bit more heavily, and sacrifice the landscape ...

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/20/14 04:14 PM

Or I could just go whole-hog into the black smoke ...

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/20/14 05:15 PM

Or maybe this for the Into the Wasteland cover, with a reaching arm and a burnt out hulk smile. What do you think?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/31/14 12:15 AM

Busy day - I edited a contemporary romance, a non-fiction history collection, a modern police story, and a futuristic sci-fi story. Now I'm going to do another polishing run on my second dystopian novel - I'm close to putting that one live!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/31/14 01:13 AM

Here's the first draft of the cover for He Who Was Living - my new dystopian novella #2. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/14 01:28 PM

I did a rewrite on Chapter eighteen of my vampire novel....To Die For.
Posted By: RoseEnglish

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/14 02:02 PM

Wow that dystopian novella cover looks good - very fiery! Is it suitable for young adults? (If so will run it by the kids.... they love dystopian and are very candid and helpful!)

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/14 08:33 PM

Jana - that's great! Congratulations!

RoseEnglish - yes, there is no explicit intimacy or violence in this. I'd love any feedback smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/14 08:34 PM

I just created a new cover for my Time Management Course book - thoughts? Suggestions?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/14 09:19 PM

Just loading up Quotes for Peace onto Kindle - all proceeds help charity - I'll take suggestions on the cover!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/14 09:54 PM

Loading up Reduce Stress Instantly ebook onto Kindle - let me know if you have suggestions about my cover!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/14 11:10 PM

My next book I'm loading up onto Kindle - my Study Tips book. Let me know if you have suggestions on the cover!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/14 11:54 PM

Learning to Say NO and to Say YES to Your Dreams! - another new one going live on Kindle. Suggestions on the new cover?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/04/14 01:23 AM

I have finally rebuilt my Parakeet and Budgies ebook - a long, arduous process. Lots of fixing of formatting issues. I need a few beta readers to help me check that everything's set now - let me know if you would like a free copy! And here's the new cover for it.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/04/14 02:23 AM

Next up - my ebook Simple Ways to Make the World Better for Everyone - tips for recycling, clean living, and more. Let me know if you'd like to see a free copy of this one!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/04/14 04:14 AM

Last one for the night - Working From Home - how to successfully run a home-based business. I'm looking for beta-readers! This is another one I had to manually reconvert from my old PDF version so I need help making sure the formatting is all ok. Also, any feedback on the cover?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/06/14 02:06 AM

Yes we like the book cover - it does have a very dystopian atmosphere. One suggestion was to have another weird planet visible in the sky? To emphasise the 'other-wordliness' of the genre? Just a thought

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/09/14 09:06 PM

Rose -

Into the Wasteland is set on Earth, so it needs just one moon smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/09/14 09:08 PM

I have so many other writing projects pending but I had an incredible dream last night about a Regency Time Travel romance story. I need to write it up before I forget it! That can become yet another new series smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/10/14 05:59 AM

Book 1 of my new timetravel novella series is now complete. This was the one from my dream smile. If you're interested in beta-reading this, please email me!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/10/14 05:13 PM

Anyone want to beta-read my new regency time travel romance? It'll be going live soon! This came to me in a dream smile Here's the cover I'm working on! It's set in regency England with a Scottish heroine.

Posted By: Edie - MysteryBooksEd

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/10/14 05:26 PM

Congrats re your latest book. I read your post regarding your jump in income basically since the beginning of the year (don't recall the details). Your success had me kicking myself as I've been working on other things like affiliate marketing.

I had planned on writing fiction this a.m. and here it is after 4pm and haven't gotten there yet. I have a non-fiction in progress and also a novella almost finished - not to mention a whole fiction series with the first book in first draft.

My grandson is here until Mom gets home from work in about an hour, but after that it is fiction, fiction, fiction this evening!!!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/10/14 07:58 PM

Anyone want to beta-read my new regency time travel romance? It'll be going live soon! This came to me in a dream smile Here's the cover I'm working on! It's set in regency England with a Scottish heroine.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/10/14 07:58 PM

My regency time-travel romance is too powerful for me to resist. I'm now on chapter 5 of book 2. I'm aiming to finish book 2 tonight. Then hopefully I can go back to my project of mapping out all 100+ books and exactly which systems they are listed on and which are exclusive.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/10/14 08:00 PM

Edie -

I'm finding that banner ads and affiliate marketing are all dying. Ebooks are jumping in leaps and bounds, especially with the Kindle Unlimited program. So I am pushing hard to get into that market while it's fresh. Marketing is also key for ebooks, to ensure they get found by your target audience. I've increased my income by about 20 times just in the past few months through the use of careful marketing.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/11/14 02:14 AM

Hurrah! Book 2 of my time travel regency romance is now off to the advance readers! Would you like to be one? Let me know!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/11/14 01:49 PM

Here's the latest tweak on the cover for book 1 of my regency time travel series - One Scottish Lass. What do you think? It's nearly ready to go live, just waiting for a few more feedbacks on the story!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/11/14 01:52 PM

Here's the latest cover for book 2 of my regency time travel series, A Time Apart. Any final thoughts on the cover or story?

Posted By: Edie - MysteryBooksEd

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/11/14 08:57 PM

Sounds like I MUST change directions and let the past go. I picked up my WIP this morning and it felt good to get back into the story. The first draft is basically done and I now need to go further into the detail and rewriting of each chapter in the novella.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/12/14 02:22 AM

That's great news, Edie! Congratulations!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/12/14 02:24 AM

Regency Time Travel book #3 is now complete! Here's the cover. The trilogy will be published this coming weekend!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/19/14 07:55 PM

The house is quiet - Bob is off at the bike shop - so I'm going to write more of Cedar Conundrums while I can. That is my third murder mystery novel which is currently up to about chapter 17. What are you up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/19/14 08:21 PM

Editing, tightening the prose on my book. I'm worn out and it's not over yet. Hasn't been sent to beta readers yet, but it's getting close. I will welcome the rest. The characters wear me out...

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/21/14 03:58 PM

That is great that you are getting close, Jana! It's nearly time to celebrate!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/21/14 03:59 PM

My project for today - please share! Help push Facebook to allow pen name accounts, to protect authors' privacy on sensitive issues

Pen Names on Facebook

I feel strongly that many authors need the privacy to be able to tackle certain issues, like domestic violence.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/22/14 01:14 PM

I don't have a Facebook account under my real name. It's always been my pen name, they just didn't know that. smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/22/14 01:24 PM

I posted it on my Facebook page and recruited some close friends to help out. People that actually know who I really am.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/22/14 01:37 PM

For sure. If I could do a back flip I would. It's finally going to be ready for beta readers in a couple of weeks. The sequel has already started rolling around in my head. I thought I'd have a break from these characters but I guess not. I would've missed them anyway.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/23/14 08:11 PM

I'm working on chapter 8 of 10 of Book 4 of my #sci-fi romance series, The Collective Saga. I'm aiming to finish this today. I'm also considering new covers.The old covers look like this and while I adore them, I'm not sure they make it clear to readers what the series is about. Thoughts?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/23/14 11:58 PM

Book 4 - the final book in my sci-fi romance adventure series - is now complete! Let me know if you'd like to see an advanced copy smile It's been sent out to the reading team for their feedback!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/24/14 01:59 AM

Here's the new cover I'm thinking about - what are your suggestions?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/24/14 03:12 PM

Good Title! Love anything mentioning Aquarius! as for me..... finally dumped our appalling wifi provider! Got back online again today - but meant I didnt write anything for 2 weeks! So relieved to be back!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/25/14 06:25 PM

All four books in the Aquarian Awakenings series are now live - here's the cover I ended up going with. It uses Venus rather than the moon smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/26/14 09:23 PM

I've claimed the top 3 spots for free teen historical novels! I pushed myself out of #1 with A Scottish Lass smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/27/14 09:51 AM

Congratulations Lisa! That's awesome!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/28/14 12:07 AM

In A Glance has reached the #1 spot in free historical mysteries -

One step at a time smile.

In terms of writing, I worked on book 3 of my dystopian novel series.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/30/14 10:53 PM

Planning out a series of 31 mini murder mysteries, one a day, for the month of October. Set in Salem MA. What do you think?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/01/14 04:06 AM

What do you think of this cover for my new Salem MA mini mystery series? Can you read the title of it or is it too twisty?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/01/14 02:04 PM

Sounds intriguing. Wish I could write that fast. smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/01/14 11:54 PM

Finished up with the final book in my dystopian trilogy - Broken Images. Doing a final pass on it and then sending it to my reviewers. I enjoyed this one immensely - a story of one woman's strength and her ability to overcome challenges.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/02/14 12:09 PM

Sounds like a good one. Always good to have fun writing!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/02/14 08:10 PM

Finished the 3rd/last book in my dystopian series and have that off to readers. Now working on the 3rd book in my Salem mini-mystery series. It's the day for thirds! What are you guys doing today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/02/14 08:17 PM

I finished another article for my site and plowing through chapter twelve of my book. I'm halfway through with the edits. Yay!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/02/14 10:15 PM

What do you guys think of this for the third cover? I just finished the story now. The Knot is now going off to the reviewers.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/03/14 07:56 AM

Broken Images, the final book in the dystopian series is now complete! It's loading live onto Amazon as we type.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/03/14 07:57 AM

Jana - that's awesome news. Congratulations!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/03/14 10:28 AM

I like the Black Kitty on the cover on the cover of The Knot, but then again I'm partial I love animals.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/03/14 03:24 PM

All your book writing is great. You must be so happy. How do you find the time? Do you have to let other things slide?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/03/14 11:07 PM

Here's the cover I'm working on for The Mistake - book 4 of my mini-mysteries 31-in-a-month series. I'm enjoying this little cat smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/04/14 05:38 AM

Book 4 of the Salem MA series is going live! Here's a sneak preview of book 5's cover. I'll write that Sat night smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/05/14 02:18 AM

Book 5 of the Salem MA Black Cat series is loading live! So far I'm keeping up with the schedule smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/06/14 04:25 AM

Book 6 in the Salem Massachusetts series - The Onyx Pig - is rolling out live!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/06/14 10:38 PM

The Salem MA book 7 tonight will be set in a yoga studio. Which kitty should I choose for the cover?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/07/14 04:01 AM

Book 7 in my Salem Massachusetts mystery series - The Yogini - is loading live! I've finished a full week of the story. Let me know if you have any questions about the process!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/07/14 01:08 PM

Still in the midst of edits for To Die For. Almost there. Waiting on the blood moon to arise tomorrow morning. They are a site to see.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/08/14 05:53 AM

Take a photo, Jana - it's too cloudy here for me to see it!

That's great on your book!

Book 8 - The Play Date - of my Salem Massachusetts mini mysteries is rolling out live smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/08/14 03:30 PM

I wished I could have but I didn't make it in time. frown Rough night.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/09/14 06:42 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, Jana! There will be more eclipses.

The Dancers - Book 9 of my Salem Mass series is my favorite so far!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/09/14 06:48 PM

Hmmm. Someone just complained in a review that book 1 is too short. That they wanted it to be longer. I guess it's nice that they like my style and want more of it, but the point was that these are mini mysteries. They are explicitly being written to be short. If I wanted to write longer ones, I'd be writing my other Aspen Allegations series. Those are there for people who want a longer experience.

How can I make it more clear that these are MINI mysteries?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/11/14 09:08 AM

Woke up to get book 11 written and am now going back to sleep. It'll be live in a few hours!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/12/14 09:17 PM

Need to get Book 12 written and posted, otherwise my stream of 1-a-day might hit a hitch! Working on it now.

What are you up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/13/14 01:30 AM

OK, it's still the 12th in California. But I'm a little late. The Dart is going live. I'll aim to get the 13th book done a little earlier. It's just been a rough week. A rough month, really - so many things aren't done that need to be done. Like my taxes! One day at a time.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/13/14 09:46 AM

Lucky mini mystery book 13 is going live right now! I'm caught up again.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/13/14 11:01 AM

Getting ready to write an article for my Bellaonline site. You're really banging those stories out Lisa. Awesome!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/14/14 07:21 AM

Thanks, Jana! An hour a day. If you build a rhythm you can get through just about any task!

Salem Massachusetts mini mystery #14 - The Violin - is now going live!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/14/14 10:17 AM

You're welcome. I'm still working on my rhythm. Once I get done with the rewrites, I think that just might happen. smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/16/14 01:37 AM

I've just created the compilation book of Black Cat Vols. 1-10

Do you guys like to read compilations or one at a time?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/16/14 10:03 AM

I prefer compilations if they're all available.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/17/14 12:22 AM

I've crossed the half-way mark with my one-a-day Black Cat October mini-mystery series! Book 16's going live! Who knows the title reference?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/17/14 11:25 AM

Cannery Row?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/18/14 03:02 PM

I think I've got a flu or something - I've just been exhausted. Book 17 is finally loading live now. Sorry for the delay!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/19/14 11:38 PM

Book 18 is going live. Still sleeping all day long. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better and get two done to catch up.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/20/14 08:15 AM

The Party - Book 19 of the Salem Massachusetts mini mystery series - is going live! Nearly caught up smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/21/14 04:50 AM

Book #20 in my Salem Massachusetts Mini Mystery series is going live!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/21/14 08:10 AM

I'm caught back up smile. Mini Mystery Book 21 is posting live right now and should be up in a few hours. #mystery #halloween

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/21/14 12:05 PM

I love that crazy kitty.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/21/14 10:16 PM

Playing with cover ideas for my new series - an Art Theft Mini Mystery series - what do you think? Each would be a take on a different artist.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/24/14 02:41 AM

Black Cat boxed set #2 - with volumes 11-20 - is now live! I'm boxing them up 10 at a time.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/30/14 01:03 AM

I've just loaded book 27 in my Salem Mass series - I'm finally catching back up. The server crash put me behind.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/03/14 04:08 AM

Working on a mail server move and waiting for the server files to process. Finished up mystery book 29 while waiting for the next step to be ready.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/03/14 08:23 AM

I'm still working on the big mail server move. I'm exhausted - this is taking quite a while. But I did finish mystery book 30 while waiting for files to process!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/06/14 02:18 AM

I haven't done book 31 yet. Soon, I hope. Busy fixing some issues in the forums and on the server.

What are you guys writing?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/15/14 12:10 PM

I finally feel like I can start to breathe again. My servers still have hiccups but are generally running smoothly. I just finished all the Mused Literary Review voting. I still have pending finishing reading all the BellaOnline Ebook Award entries, but I can now tackle that with focus and attention, which was important to me. I was just too frazzled up until now.

It is NaNoWriMo but I’ve hit reservations about my Oxendine story. I find I’m hesitant to cast Naomi Oxendine’s first lover in an “abusive” light as he is part of many peoples’ genealogies. I don’t want to upset them. What if they think of him as a treasured great-great-great-great grandfather for some reason? He was known as the “Devil” Bill Williams but maybe they think that was a term of endearment. Or playful wildness. So I’ve stalled. I also had her cheating on Bill – the timing is that she had two kids with him (unmarried) then her next child with the next guy is the very next year. So the kids come rapid fire. But I’m not sure if a cheating heroine is going to sit well with people. And I find I resist it as well. So I think I want to redo that. I don’t think I’ll finish my 50k words by the 30th, in any case.

I did some work on medieval novel #14, but find myself discouraged that it’s only 20k words or so and already at chapter 15. I wrote lots of short chapters. I like my novels to end up about 70k words as a minimum. The longest is 117k words. The story is already at its halfway point so I feel like I’m going to have to drag it out. That’s what happened to Looking Back, where I had to keep having stuff happen to her after where I thought the story “should end”. So I want to avoid that feeling.

I have 12 medieval novels out, and the reason I skipped working on #13 is that the characters there sleep together within a day. I’ve gotten grief from some readers about my characters in Sworn Loyalty (#11) sleeping together after only a week, and those characters had some history. My readership likes the more gentle, slow approach to things. Which I do appreciate. So I have to ponder what to do. Maybe I will rearrange things so they are just lusting at the beginning. It’s one of those face-death-and-fall-hard situations. And she’s a widow, so she’s not a blushing virgin. Still, though.

I haven’t done my compiling of my black cat series yet. I need to do that. It feels “tedious” to do so I’m putting it off, but it would bring in easy income. So I should just do it.

I’m really liking doing the watercolors to go with my poetry book. It’s incredibly relaxing and soothing. And I can do them while watching TV with Bob, so a win-win. I’m also liking working with my friend Debi on a children’s book about a black cat. Again, relaxing and soothing.

The biggest issue that’s hit recently is that Amazon spotted one of my books which was set as Kindle Exclusive and which accidentally went live in Lulu. Amazon then stripped ALL of my Kindle Exclusive books out of KU which was bringing me in great traffic. I wrote them promptly to apologize, I fixed Lulu, and I asked what I can do to fix this. I haven’t heard back and it’s been several days. That’s unusual for them. So I think they’re not going to relent. This means I have to quickly get all those books live in all other systems to try to make up that lost income. I was making a fair amount from the KU borrows. Can I make that much with those books in other systems as “sales”? A lot of these are 99 cent books that I was getting $1.51 paid to me per borrow, rather than the 30 cent royalty one normally makes. So I’d have to sell 5 times as many books to make it up, on systems like iTunes and Nook which traditionally get far lower traffic than Amazon does. So part of me sees this as fairly challenging. But on the other hand I hear from writer after writer that they make as much if not more on these other platforms than they do on Amazon, so it’s about finding that audience. If this is just the way things are for me now (being blocked from KU) then I need to give it a whole-hearted try. Wishing for a change or grousing about life changing does little good. I need to see what the new reality is and tackle it as best I can.

I want to do a yoga book, maybe because it’d be quick, easy, and relaxing. But I do have so many other pending projects that I should put it off. Still, I find in life if I do something I crave that it gets done quickly, easily, and then I move on to other things with energy. If instead I force myself to do less-in-tune projects they go slowly and everything takes longer. So at least for me the key to cranking through projects is to energize myself with ones I love. That then gives me the energy to get through the other ones quickly as well.

How are you guys doing this week?

Lisa

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/27/14 10:06 PM

Working on book 2 of my 1800s Lumbee Indian / black historical series. What are you guys working on? Happy Thanksgiving!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/30/14 06:12 PM

My son James just left and I’m now on an insane quest to write the remaining 24,300 words of NaNoWriMo in the next 7 hrs. Can it be done?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/30/14 10:08 PM

Good news - wrote 10k words in the past 4 hours. Bad news - have to write 16k more in the next 3 smile. Time to get writing! #nanowrimo

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/01/14 01:04 AM

Fingers are tired but I'm content. I crossed the 50,000 word goal of #NaNoWriMo and have a novella series about the 1800s Lumbee Indians.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/20/14 09:08 AM

I'm on the final round of polishing for my 1800s black / Native American novella set in Tennessee - I'm on my last call for quick weekend proofers! I'll be going live with it Sunday evening!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/22/14 12:51 AM

My 1800s Irish-black-Lumbee-Indian novella is loading up live! It should be ready in a few hours. I'll post a link when it is! smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/22/14 01:00 AM

My historical Kindle short story The Dream of Mary Hull is free on Amazon today and until 24 December. Doing well so far - number 14 in Short Reads Romance.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/23/14 03:37 AM

My first book of haiku with watercolor is rolling out live - it should be live in a short while! Happy happy smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/23/14 05:40 PM

The first book in my new mini mysteries series is live on Amazon. The Mystery of the Blue Dolphins is the first in the Clarissa and Paw Mini Mysteries.

Paw is Clarissa's devoted Saint Bernard. Together they set out to discover who killed their cousin's Uncle Josh and solve a jewel theft. This is a 4000 word short mystery.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/23/14 07:42 PM

That's great news, Grace and Sandra!! smile

My newest book, Haiku of the Great Blue Hill, is LIVE! It has poetry & watercolor of Massachusetts.

Happy happy smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/24/14 02:11 AM

Today I finally put live the compilation book for Black Cat vols 21-31 Mini-Mysteries - complete your set! Just in time for the holidays smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/29/14 02:31 PM

Book 2 of my 1800s series is out to the review team! It should be live in not-too-long! smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/30/14 12:21 AM

First draft of the first short story in my Victorian Garden series - Asphodel's Antics.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/30/14 02:17 PM

Slow and steady gets it done! I've published 120 books plus 36 short stories in their various forms.

If you want to write a novel, you can do it! An hour a day!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/30/14 03:26 PM

I wrote an article on The Scarlet Ibis short story.... but I can't post it (have emailed for support :)
Posted By: Angie

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/30/14 08:04 PM

Lisa, what I would like to write is a family history. It's not fiction but I like your idea of an hour a day. Some one wrote up a family history on one of our lines but added dialog and other elements so that it was like an historical novel.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/31/14 03:38 PM

Angie -

I like your idea. A relative of mine has done a family history on my Mom's side. He had lots of information and family reminisces.

I think adding dialog to yours to make it like a novel would be an enjoyable read and way to connect to family history.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/31/14 03:39 PM

Lisa -

I am impressed. Not only do you write, but you did the artwork for your poetry book. A lovely way to express your ideas in two forms.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/31/14 03:40 PM

Grace -

Love the cover of your Victorian Mini-Romance. I like the idea of a short romance story and the cover is an excellent portrayal of a garden and so beautiful.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/31/14 09:35 PM

Sandra, I am not that creative. smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/02/15 04:48 PM

Just got in my print copy of Haiku of the Great Blue Hill; Amazon did an awesome job with the full color copy!

Have any of you worked with full color books?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/05/15 01:59 PM

Woo hoo! Just got in six different boxes from CreateSpace of six of my books. So much fun to hold them in person!

I'm finishing a revision of book 2 in my Scottish series, and then will run through book 3, in preparation for writing book 4.

What are you up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/05/15 02:11 PM

Making up the package to submit my Black Cat Salem Massachusetts Mini Mysteries to the Massachusetts Book Awards! Fingers crossed! smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/08/15 06:36 PM

My new book just went live in Amazon. The Disappearance of Aunt Carol is the second book in my Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery Series.

This one is set at the beach. Once again Clarissa's trusty St. Bernard, Paw, is on the case.

Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/09/15 02:32 AM

I wrote in my personal journal and completed an article for the week.

Looking forward to more writing time soon. Gotta finish my book.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/10/15 02:46 PM

Sandra,

I love the cover of your second mystery - it's clean and uncluttered, and very eye-catching.

I'm a bit behind schedule on the Victorian mini-romances, but will catch up over the weekend. I'm also working on the Feb issue of our community newsletter.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/10/15 03:35 PM

Grace,

Thank you so much. I have a wonderful cover artist. She does a fantastic job.

I am hoping to keep publishing a new mini mystery every few weeks. Not sure I can make every week. We'll see.

Good luck with your Victorian mini-romances.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/05/15 09:36 AM

Just released my newest mini mystery. The Body in Mrs. Carstairs' Shed (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Book 3) is the third adventure for Clarissa and her Saint Bernard, Paw.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/05/15 10:01 AM

Congratulations and how wonderful to put together a story. I'm lucky when I can get a blog written and some genealogy done. I'd like to get my family history put together - that's another story. (HA)

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/05/15 03:30 PM

Thank you, Angie. When I first started writing, an article a week was all I felt I could do. I found the more I wrote, the more my writing "muscle" built up and could write more.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/05/15 08:56 PM

Trying to write a thank you letter for an interview. Like pulling teeth. I love writing articles and stories. The more I do it the more that comes to me.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/23/15 06:59 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed your book. smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/24/15 05:43 PM

Thank you, Angie. I am delighted you liked it.
Posted By: Sheryl T

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/27/15 05:26 PM

I work everyday on my chapter book mystery for kids. Also the picture book idea I'm currently playing around with. Also getting ready to apply as a BellaOnline Editor so I'm putting writing together for that.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/27/15 05:42 PM

I hope you get the position on Bella that you're looking for. I'm sure you'd be a great addition. You bake bread! smile And of course you write.
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/27/15 05:48 PM

Working on my fictionalising a conversation I had in China which may have had a significant effect on the world today.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/27/15 06:12 PM

That would be fascinating Chipmunk! I'd love to see it when you're done.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/27/15 06:20 PM

After a conversation with my mother in law about something that happened when I was a child I decided to write the story down. That was Wed. evening. Thursday I wrote more. I guess I'm working on a memoir! LOL

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/27/15 06:33 PM

Awesome Angie! I'll bet it'll be great! I'm working on the second novel in me trilogy, planning the third and planning a novelette based on some dark prose I wrote a few months ago. I love to write!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/02/15 06:44 PM

I'm part of the Chapter Book Challenge for children's writers. It's month long and coincides with National Reading Month. I worked on my chapter book today. Also, I applied to be an Editor here at BellaOnline for the Reading site. I also messed around with some of my storyboarding for a middle grade novel.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/15 10:59 AM

Really have to crank today - need to get my 3rd Sutton mystery novel finalized by tomorrow to get into the IPPY awards. What are you up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/15 11:20 AM

I really wish I could write as fast as you do Lisa. The greatest way to make money online is ABC...Always Be Creating.
Posted By: Elaine A

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/15 01:12 PM

In an attempt to develop my fiction writing career!!!!!!! Today I began to write an outline for a children's story. I also wrote an article for the adolescence site which I will upload once I get the OK to move forward.
I want to develop my writing skills but fear grips me every time I put pen to paper (metaphorically) speaking.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/15 01:48 PM

I'm still doing the children's Chapter Book Challenge today (all this month). Also working on putting my cookbook together. There's a lot to writing it the way I want it.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/15 02:26 PM

Looking for beta-readers for Cedar Conundrums - a Sutton Massachusetts Mystery. Let me know if you could glance at even the first chapter!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/15 04:57 PM

You can do it Sheryl! I don't experience that fear, but I can get antsy when the words don't come out like I want them to. I understand about making the words, mood, pacing and style come out just the way you want. That is a challenge for sure!

You have a lot to offer. Employ the BIC HOK method (butt in chair, hands on keyboard). smile

I don't know how to write for children, I'm more on the adult side of things. I want to learn how to put a cook book together. I have ideas for those too.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/15/15 07:13 PM

A treat for you guys - I'm giving away FREE review copies of Irish romantic tradition ebook - let me know if you'd like a copy! PDF EPUB MOBI Just in time for St. Patrick's Day!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/15/15 08:31 PM

Congratulations, Lisa. I would love to read it. If Mobi is for the Kindle, that would work, else pdf.

Thanks so much.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/24/15 05:57 AM

Just finished revising my book on Romantic Traditions in France - it should be live soon!

This had been in paperback form but not in Kindle until now.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/03/15 09:32 PM

Let me know if you'd like to beta-read Stones to Bread, book 2 in my Biblical Jerusalem short story series! It's clean / gentle romance and coming of age. If you haven't seen Book 1 I can send that too.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/03/15 11:20 PM

I didn't write fiction but I did write several responses to posts here on Bella. smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/03/15 11:25 PM

Lisa, I would like to read your book. What is the title of Book 1 and is it available through Amazon?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/04/15 12:37 AM

Angie - email me with your email address and the format you'd like (MOBI PDF EPUB) and I'll send both along!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/04/15 12:43 AM

Angie - email me with your email address and the format you'd like (MOBI PDF EPUB) and I'll send both along!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/04/15 12:46 AM

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/04/15 01:07 AM

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/04/15 02:54 AM

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/04/15 02:57 AM

Venice Destiny, book 2 of my time travel romance series, is going live! Let me know if you'd like a free copy! If you haven't read book 1 I can send that as well.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/06/15 03:57 PM

I really admire your tenacity. You have so many great books out. I really have trouble with scheduling time to write. Every time I schedule writing time something "more important" pops up. The perfect avoidance technique.

I am in the process of pushing good articles into my que so that when I am gone in April and May I can still have articles coming out on a regular basis.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/06/15 09:54 PM

Lisa just writes and writes, a good thing for sure. I'm almost halfway through my second novel. I'm not terribly good at writing short stories, something else always happens that makes them grow beyond what I'd planned.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/13/15 12:15 PM

Today I am revising several children's stories. I write them, put them away and then look at them with fresh eyes weeks or months later. Since going to the last children's writer's conference I have been very productive. THESE are the good ol' days!!!!!!!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/13/15 12:17 PM

Lisa - you are so productive! A real inspiration to us all. I would love to see a piece by you on what your typical writing day is like. Articles like that always are like a B-12 shot of pure energy.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/15/15 07:23 PM

Going to get my bella article started for tomorrow and try to get chapter eight of my second novel done. I have two computers and neither work, so it's library time.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/15/15 09:47 PM

Email only today!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/16/15 06:47 PM

Today I just re-grouped what I had done this week and planned for my next Monday through Friday. I also took note that I need more drawing paper to use for storybarding.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/21/15 01:56 PM

Today I did some free writing and worked on my new middle grade novel. i am checking every day to see if the agent I queried has written me back but so far no luck. She has a 3 month response window but she had told me to submit to her and I did so I am being a little antsy.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/21/15 05:34 PM

Cool daisybun. That waiting game can be the most nail biting time for sure. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/09/15 10:21 PM

I'm currently working on polishing medieval book 6, Creating Memories, to include my new sword connection. What are you working on?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/15 04:48 PM

I've been busy this week. I published books 1 and 2 in a new zoo mini-mystery series and am working on book 3 today. I also published books 1 and 2 in a new art museum mini-mystery series. I like short stories because you can publish them regularly and keep readers engaged. It's better than waiting two years between novels and having the readers forget all about you in the meantime smile. Also it means I can have incentive to go to more local zoos and museums!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/15 06:06 PM

I'm working on a family history - one paragraph at a time.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/15 06:50 AM

Angie - that's great, every step is progress!

Cozy zoo mystery book 3 is out to beta-readers! It should be live in Amazon later today. Now it's time for sleep! What are you guys working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/02/15 08:19 AM

The group is working on a 4-generation family history to give at Christmas.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/15 06:30 PM

I'm almost done with novel two and ready to start on three. Going to release the first two by Halloween (keeping fingers crossed).

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/15 06:39 PM

Lisa, where do you get your books?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/15 06:39 PM

Good going!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/15 10:50 PM

I took a day off from writing to cook bad food! lol

Pork spareribs and homemade baked beans!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/03/15 11:04 PM

That ain't bad; that's good stuff! YUM.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/06/15 07:37 AM

In a fun burst of creativity I started four new series tonight. One is literary fiction. One is based in Greek Mythology. One is a modern Fairy Tale, and one is a classic retelling of a renaissance fairy tale. We'll see how they go! That will give me other things to work on when I need a different gear turning. Night, everyone!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/06/15 11:33 AM

You're one amazing woman!

I'm wondering whether you ever get your characters mixed up when writing so many at one time.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/07/15 07:17 PM

It's done! It's done! Book 13 of my medieval romance series, Seeing A Ghost is done! Let me know if you'd like to beta-read it!

What are you guys writing today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/04/16 06:50 PM

Destiny Time Travel Short Story book 19 is done! I'm sending it out to my beta-readers. Now to work on book 20 and complete the next boxed set smile. One day at a time!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/06/16 07:27 PM

Destiny 19 / Spain Destiny is loading live on Kindle! I'm about to send book 20 to my beta readers. What are you writing or reading today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/07/16 01:54 AM

Just sent Art Museum Cozy Mystery book 4 to my beta readers. It should be going live tomorrow! This one is set at the Currier Museum in New Hampshire. Who can guess the featured dog breed? smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/07/16 05:59 AM

And now Art Museum Cozy Mystery book 5 is also with the beta-readers. If I'm lucky it should be live tomorrow. This one features a black lab guide dog at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/07/16 06:47 PM

My Sweet Romance Time Travel series is complete through book 20! Book 20 and boxed set 2 are loading live. They should be available on Kindle in a few hours. Now for a quick nap - I had to wake up extra early this morning to help take down an art show. I want to wake up again in time for the Super Bowl commercials smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/10/16 05:28 AM

Currently working on finalizing Art Museum book #5 while a fire crackles in the fireplace. This one is set at Boston's MFA. Hopefully it should be live in the morning! What are you guys up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/10/16 02:44 PM

Happy! Finally coded an ASP reporting tool so Amazon Kindle sales reports work across series & months. Life is so much easier! Now my sleep schedule is completely upside-down but it was SO worth it. I can easily tally my ad reports against this and everything matches.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/13/16 09:14 AM

Just finished polishing and reloading my three free yoga ebooks plus the meditation one. Will work on the chakra one in the morning! Now it's time to get a few hours of sleep before the choco l'art show in the morning smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/16 07:30 AM

Book 3 in my Blackstone Valley mystery series is out to beta-readers! Here's first cut at a cover. It should be ready to go live in a few days!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/16 10:38 AM

Just finished book 6 of my Art Museum Mystery series. it's set at the Gardner Museum in Boston MA. It should go to beta-readers in the morning.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/16 10:04 PM

Doing my final polishing run on my Art Museum Mystery book 6 before handing it over to the beta readers. Then I finish up a novella that I've needed to finish for several months now. What are you up to today?
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/16 11:51 PM

I've been writing about the asteroid Vesta in an article for young people. It's tricky trying to provide information without getting too technical or talking down to the intended audience. (And I am also in Norway surrounded by distractions.)
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/16 02:11 PM

I was able to write 2500 words yesterday for my novel.
Posted By: Michelle - Short Stories

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/16 05:44 PM

I am working on articles today, as well as planning out the first book in my "Chef Jeff" series.

After that - it's time to make a spring production schedule.

smile

I love this stuff.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/25/16 12:56 AM

Book 5 in my Jerusalem Biblical series is now done and off to the beta-readers. I'm working on book 6! I hope to have both live tomorrow. Now heading to sleep - Bob seems to have given me a cold and I've got too much on my plate to let it slow me down! So I'm hoping some rest and Vitamin C will do the trick.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/01/16 11:35 PM

... UPDATE ...

Book 7 in my Biblical Jerusalem series is published! And Book 1 is still FREE smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/04/16 07:01 PM

Hurrah! Book 8 in my Jerusalem series is now out to beta-readers! Working on book 9. What are you writing today?
Posted By: Mickey - Mexican Food Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/04/16 10:51 PM

I am writing about the life of Colorado's first Hispano settlers -- I also wrote about lard. The two worlds are somewhat related (if we go back about 400 years).

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/06/16 06:03 PM

Is that a fiction or non-fiction about the first settlers?

I just published book 8 and am now finalizing book 9 to get that out to the beta-readers.
Posted By: Mickey - Mexican Food Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/06/16 08:05 PM

Ha! There is much about those folks that I don't know...so I have to make stuff up...it's fiction, inspired by fact -- not unlike life. Thanks for asking!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/06/16 09:47 PM

Ah ok so sort of what I did with my Oxendine series, about my own family in the early 1800s. I had to mingle in the few facts I had with some imagination smile.

Book 9 in my Jerusalem Biblical series is now out to my beta-readers. Once I reach book 10 I'll create the boxed set!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/08/16 07:19 AM

Hurrah! I've finished book 10 in my Jerusalem Biblical series - now I can make the boxed set! But first, sleep smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/13/16 01:58 AM

Twitter for Artists Authors and Entrepreneurs - This is what I've been working on. It's been a lot of fun to compile all my thoughts! Let me know if you're interested in seeing a preview copy to offer feedback.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/18/16 08:24 PM

Rough draft of the new cover for yet another new series. A Paranormal Suspense Series. Because I don't have enough going on. This is what happens when I have four hours of driving in one day - my brain decides it wants to create a fresh storyline. Anyone want to beta-read?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/26/16 08:42 AM

I couldn't sleep, so I came down and wrote book 2 in my new diner short mystery series. Maybe now my eyes will close!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/02/16 05:20 AM

Getting close to releasing new mystery short story series with a heroine with Aspergers. Want to beta-read it?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/07/16 05:06 PM

It's live! It's live! My Massachusetts Diner Mystery is live!

Thank you everyone for your help smile.

https://www.amazon.com/Diner-Deeds-Done-Dirt-Cheap-ebook/dp/B01GQP2OZG/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/08/16 06:31 PM

Driving home I was brainstorming the plot for my third Aspergers mystery and nearly drove right past the post office where I needed to stop. I was completely immersed in my story line. smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/09/16 06:34 AM

I woke up mid-sleep and decided to finish off my Aspergers Diner Mystery number 3. It's now off to my beta-readers! It could be live in a day or two. Now back to sleep!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/10/16 05:45 PM

Book 3 in my Worcester Aspergers Diner gentle mystery series is live!

https://www.amazon.com/Going-Diner-Third-Time-Massachusetts-ebook/dp/B01GVRQMWK/

Book 4 will have to wait until I get to Ralph's Diner in Worcester, probably the Monday after next.

Posted By: Korie - Folklore//Knitting/Yoga Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/10/16 07:20 PM

you are amazing, Lisa. I hope to some day be as prolific as you!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/11/16 04:36 AM

FREE! Heroine with Aspergers solves cozy mystery set in Worcester diner

Share the news!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/15/16 10:18 PM

I had a blast signing books at the Worcester Barnes & Noble this past weekend. I was thinking about writing up a short booklet on how to do author signings, for those who haven't done them before.

Would anybody here find that helpful? It's a great way to build exposure for your books. Just let me know if you prefer EPUB, MOBI, or PDF.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/15/16 10:33 PM

Congratulations, Lisa.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/24/16 01:43 AM

Just published book 4 in my Aspergers diner cozy mystery series. It should be live in the morning! If I'm lucky I'll visit diner 5 on Sat - it's Peg's Diner in Whitinsville.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/24/16 09:59 PM

Finally finished editing the last book in a trilogy for an author friend with Aspergers. So proud to be a part of his journey!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/25/16 05:04 PM

Who can guess which Cozy Mystery series I'm working on this fine afternoon? smile What are you guys up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/28/16 02:01 AM

Book 5 in my Cozy Mystery diner series featuring a heroine with Aspergers is out to beta-readers! Next up will be the Mendon diner in ... Mendon! smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/28/16 02:52 AM

Progress! Here's the first draft for my book 6 cover in my Cozy Mystery Aspergers autism series.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/29/16 02:09 AM

I just posted book 5 in my Aspergers diner cozy mystery series into the Amazon system. It should be live in the morning! Now to work on book 6. Bob and I had dinner at the Miss Mendon diner tonight so I could get some more photos, so I'm ready to write! They had a pretty tasty meatloaf smile. What are you guys working on this week?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/01/16 06:20 PM

I've had to put aside my Diner 6 book for a moment while I figure out a strange elephant issue smile. So I'm jumping series. Comments and thoughts on the cover and wording, please, while I work on writing book 1! smile This is a new zodiac short story series.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/02/16 01:12 AM

Book 1 in my new mythology adventure is done! Let me know if you'd like to beta-read this series.

It's 49 pages (8 x 5.25"), 8661 words, 12 chapters.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/02/16 05:34 PM

My fantasy / mythology / folklore short story is ready for beta-readers! Let me know if you're interested! A beta-reader reads a book before it's published to give feedback on what should be changed before the book is finalized. It's your chance to guide the storyline and characters!

It's at 50 pages / 9078 words right now.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/02/16 09:43 PM

My Cozy Mystery book 6 is out to beta-readers! My heroine with Aspergers finds a new diner to explore smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/03/16 10:06 PM

Happy! Book 6 in my diner cozy mystery series with a heroine with Aspergers is loading live into Amazon smile. I'll let you know when it's live!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/04/16 04:53 PM

I've just loaded up into Amazon (CreateSpace) the print version of my Author Signing Basics book, for those of you who prefer paper copies. It should be ready in a day or two! Now I'm working on the paperback version for my Twitter Basics book. What are you guys doing today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/04/16 05:17 PM

The paperback version of my Twitter for Authors book is in process! It should be live in print form on Wed. Hurrah! Now I'm checking in on my new mythology book, Aries, to see if it's gone live! Are you guys enjoying your 4th?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/22/16 08:31 AM

Fri 7/22! I'm now working on book of about Massachusetts lighthouses. I love lighthouses! Here's my boyfriend's photo of one on Nantucket. Yes, I'm now tempted to have a cozy mystery series set in local lighthouses smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/22/16 11:52 AM

I just finished a new book on Massachusetts lighthouses! Let me know if you'd like to betaread it & offer feedback. I can send EPUB MOBI or PDF versions. Any thoughts on the cover?

Posted By: Michelle - Short Stories

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/22/16 06:45 PM

Working on articles. Been fussing with a sore wrist, but I have nursed it back to health.
smile
Great job, Lisa!
Chel

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/22/16 06:51 PM

This sounds like a great book, Lisa. Congratulations.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/25/16 01:07 PM

Mon 7/25 - Bob and I had brunch this morning at a diner in Shrewsbury. You can guess which series I'm working on now! smile What are you guys up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/26/16 10:50 AM

My Diner Cozy Mystery #7 with a heroine with Asperger's is out to betareaders! It should be live in a few days. What are you guys up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/27/16 02:29 PM

Wed 7/27 - a full day for writing. It will be a challenge for my focus - there are just SO many cute baby birds out today! Including a precious little hummingbird who apparently thinks I'm his mom. Maybe I should write a fairy tale about a girl who can talk with birds wink. What are you guys working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/27/16 04:57 PM

OK progress despite the cute little woodpeckers who keep sitting next to me and staring at me! I finished the ending of the medieval novel #14 where it introduces the heroine of book #15. So the book is now complete! I'll be needing a few beta-readers for book 14 once I do a few more passes on it. Let me know if you'd be interested! Note that this is a full length novel and not a short story smile. You might want to read book 1 in the series, Knowing Yourself, which is free everywhere, to see if you like my style first. I don't tend to write "docu-drama" books - they tend to be lighter and gentler. Some people like that, some people don't, and that's OK. They're authentic but they're not full of seeping boils and mud-cakes for dinner and similar things that some people feel medieval novels should feature.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/27/16 09:41 PM

Book 3 in my Out-Of-Body Paranormal series is now complete! Excellent! Now to get my lighthouse and my yoga book published.

How about this cover for book 3 in my paranormal Out-Of-Body series? Suggestions?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/28/16 10:52 AM

Thu 7/28 - Resisting the call of the beautiful nature at my back porch - I have a backlog of my books I need to publish and I can't do that from my laptop. I'm forcing myself to stay inside until I get this done. I think I have 6 books ready to publish? We'll find out! What are you up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/28/16 11:52 AM

OK the Gratitude picture book has its final version loaded in Kindle & paperback format. One down!

https://www.amazon.com/Giving-Thanks-Messages-Gratitude-picture-ebook/dp/B01IWC2DF2/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/28/16 11:56 AM

Excellent, book 7 in my diner cozy mystery series with a heroine with Asperger's is going live! If you haven't seen this series yet, you can start with book 1 which is FREE to see what it's about!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/28/16 12:37 PM

Progress! I have just loaded my Massachusetts Lighthouse book into Amazon for both Kindle and Paperback versions. They should be live tomorrow.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/28/16 01:37 PM

My yoga for travel book is now loading live on all ebook platforms (Kindle iTunes Kobo etc.) plus paperback. I'll let you know when it's live!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/28/16 02:21 PM

Book 3 of my paranormal suspense Out-Of-Body series is now loading live! It should be live in a day or so. That's five books published so far today smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/29/16 12:48 AM

I'm thinking of grouping these yoga, meditation, and chakra books into a series. Should I give them a common footer? Redo the covers entirely so they all match? Would that then hurt their individual sales since each one is targeted to a specific group?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/29/16 12:35 PM

Fri 7/29 - thinking of writing three more books in my Proposal romantic short story series today to get that up to 10 books. Then I can create a boxed set for that series. I try to always make a box version every 10 books with the short stories so readers have a more optimized way to buy them. Some readers dislike having their kindle cluttered with 30 different little books for one series smile.

What are you guys up to today?
Posted By: Korie - Folklore//Knitting/Yoga Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/29/16 01:48 PM

Lisa - your productivity is amazing. I find your posts inspirational, and I hope you keep adding to this thread!

Currently, I'm trying to 'write ahead' for my topics here at BOL, as school will be starting in three weeks and I expect to be overwhelmed with the new time schedule (on vacation, I usually get up around nine and write for an hour or two before deciding what to do with the rest of the day. I'll miss that!)

Aside from my BOL writing, I'm discovering that my ongoing block against writing fiction is dissolving. For me, the secret seems to be to just write and let the work tell me what it wants to be. Also, I find the flash fiction form liberating! I'm trying to decide if I want to participate in NaNoWriMo this year, and if I want to write a YA novel for it or a series of short stories. This is a very good problem to have, and I am thrilled at how wonderfully BOL has encouraged my creativity!

Thanks for listening to me here. Sometimes it's nice to declare one's intentions in public. Love you all!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/30/16 02:15 PM

Sat 7/30 - Pickup for two art shows plus a gig. I'll try to find time for writing Proposal book 8 in there. I know I can wriggle it into the gaps! What are you up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/30/16 05:24 PM

A glass of wine, a nice salad, the kitty by my side, and I'm ready to write the next book in my Proposal romantic series smile. I hope you're having a lovely day!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/31/16 12:50 PM

Sunday 7/31! Today is Powwow day. It's a bit rainy but I'm sure it'll still be fun! Maybe I can finally finish that Native American Traditions book I've been working on for 15 years. What are you guys up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/01/16 09:16 PM

Proposal romance book 8 is out to beta-readers! Now to work on book 9! Every step adds up!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/02/16 11:59 AM

Tue Aug 2nd! Proposal book 8 is about to publish and I'm sending Proposal book 9 out to the beta-readers. Once I finish book 10 I can do up the box set! Then I finalize medieval book 14. What are you guys working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/02/16 02:06 PM

I've just finalized up book 9 of my Proposal series and sent it out to those beta-readers! Progress!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/02/16 04:41 PM

Excellent! Book 10 in my proposal romance series is complete and out to betareaders! This one is set in West Virginia. That means I can now create my 10-book boxed set and the first paperback version for this series. Now I'll move on to finish editing my 14th medieval novel. Progress!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/02/16 11:10 PM

Success! Book 14 in my medieval romance series with a sword-wielding heroine is ready for beta-readers! Now to track down a cover image!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/03/16 02:05 PM

Wed Aug 3! Today I'm making a 10-book bundle + paperback for my Proposal series, a 10-book bundle + paperback for my Jerusalem series (long overdue), bundling my yoga series, and publishing 2 short stories. What are you guys up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/03/16 03:45 PM

Proposal Book 8 is live! This romantic short story is set in beautiful Mystic Connecticut

https://www.amazon.com/Proposal-Book-Mystic-Romantic-Short-ebook/dp/B01JKOQ0A0

Books 9 and 10 go live today!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/03/16 07:03 PM

What do you think of this as the Proposal box set cover? It includes books 1-10. It shows the rings from books 1-10 on it. I take different approaches with my box set covers and I thought this might get across the sense that there are ten separate proposals covered within.

Posted By: Ireca - Romance Movies

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/04/16 10:25 AM

I wrote a section of my screenplay today.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/05/16 03:53 PM

Fri Aug 5th! I'm just back from a fun visit to the Worcester Historical Museum. It'll get added to my art museum cozy mystery series. For now, though, I'm working on my murder mystery #4, Dogwood Dilemmas. I'm making progress on it! What are you working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/06/16 11:05 AM

Sat 8/6! I'm loading up fresh copies of all 10 of my Proposal books plus the Box Set so they all link to each other. Then I'll do the same for my Jerusalem Biblical series. What are you guys up to today? Writing anything fun?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/08/16 04:34 PM

The new router is finally hooked up and working smoothly! Now I can get back to writing. First up, diner book 8. What are you guys working on today? And look at this cutie on my laptop. Who knows what this will turn into when it grows up?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/15/16 04:17 PM

Happy Monday! Today I'm aiming to publish two books, write one, and box up a series. Oh and I found GooglePlay owed me $412 for sales so that's always a nice bonus. I mostly use them to promote my free books so I forgot to set up the bank account link. What are you guys up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/20/16 04:44 PM

I'm finishing up my Native American short story which will be part of a compilation book with my local writing group. Then I'm publishing two books. A fine way to spend my 21st anniversary with Bob, since he's the hero in my stories smile. What are you working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/21/16 03:31 PM

Sunday Sunday Sunday! *Still* working on my Native American short story. I haven't researched the late 1700s before and want to get all the details accurate. What are you guys working on?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/24/16 03:38 PM

Hurrah! BookBub just accepted my book 3 in my medieval series, Believing Your Eyes, for an ad. It will run on September 20th! While this is book 3 in the current series order, it was actually the second story I'd ever written, done after Badge of Honor. It tackles the issues around recovering from rape.

https://www.amazon.com/Believing-Your-Eyes-Medieval-Glastonbury-ebook/dp/B008RIBYTI/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/01/16 07:59 PM

Wow I just had the *perfect* narrator contact me about narrating my Scottish Woman in Regency England series!! This gives me even more incentive to finish off that series so that I can bundle it.

I get a number of complaints that novella #1 is too short - i.e. they want an epic (they've been trained by Outlander). If I just finish the series I can bundle it into one massive tome which is what they want to read. I've been resisting working on it because of the complaints. Which, of course, is silly, because finishing the bundle would end a lot of the complaints!

https://www.amazon.com/One-Scottish-Lass-Regency-Romance-ebook/dp/B00NK3IACE/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/04/16 01:51 PM

Sunday Sunday Sunday! Today I'm finalizing the Mused Literary Review's autumn edition. That comes out in a few weeks! What are you guys up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/05/16 04:30 PM

Monday! My son stopped by for a visit, I had a wonderful porch yoga session, and now I'm doing a final pass on medieval book #14. What are you guys up to today? Doing any writing or art?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/05/16 11:56 PM

Here's my draft of the cover for medieval sweet romance #14, Wearing A Mask. What do you think? Suggestions? Ideas? I'm going to be doing this one as a prerelease - something I never, ever do. I like to revise to the very last minute. Having a lock-out on revisions is going to emotionally traumatize me smile. Still, I figure I should test it at least once.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/06/16 03:21 PM

Tuesday! Wearing a Mask is out for its final review with my readers. If you enjoy my medieval series and would like to see a copy to offer me feedback, please let me know! I'm also publishing two short stories. I'm in two art shows this weekend so I'm finalizing those as well. What are you guys up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/20/16 12:20 AM

I just loaded up fresh version of Believing Your Eyes - its BookBub ad starts in 12 hours! Woo hoo! It's been quite the journey with this book. Four covers and quite a number of polishing runs on its content. This is perhaps the one I feel most strongly about - it portrays a heroine finding the strength to rise above a sexual assault. To forge a new path with her life.

https://www.amazon.com/Believing-Your-Eyes-Medieval-Glastonbury-ebook/dp/B008RIBYTI/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/20/16 04:59 AM

I have now reloaded all 13 of my medieval romances and even put up book 14 as my very first pre-release. Wearing a Mask is now set to go live on 10/14. I'll be excited to see how that works. And there's still 7 hours left before the BookBub ad goes live! Hurrah! Now I get an hour and 10 minutes of sleep!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/23/16 03:16 AM

I just finished writing my diner short story mystery book #9 in my Asperger's detective series. I'll get it to the beta-readers when I wake up again! Now to sleep smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/26/16 06:23 PM

I've made more tweaks to my diner Asperger's cozy mystery book 9 - I'm now sending it out to betareaders. What are you working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/27/16 08:18 PM

Asperger's Diner cozy mystery book 9 is loading live onto Amazon! Hurrah! Now to write book 10 so I can compile the boxed set. What are you writing tonight?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/30/16 09:50 AM

OK here we go. A full day of writing. First up, finish Asperger's Diner book 10 so I can compile the 10-book paperback version in time for the Boston Book Festival. What are you guys writing today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/30/16 12:47 PM

Hurrah diner book 10 is now done and out to the beta-readers! Once that goes live I'll compile the 10-book set and make a paperback version for those of you waiting on that. One step done! Now for a quick lunch smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 09/30/16 03:16 PM

Here we go. The very last pass on my medieval novel 14 before I set it in stone for the release. I've never done a pre-release before for this very reason. I don't like having to lock it for ten days straight before the release. Stressful! What are you doing?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/01/16 01:18 PM

It's the weekend! I'm finalizing the medieval book 14 story! What are you guys doing?

Here's the link to my prerelease - it's a sweetly romantic medieval adventure smile

https://www.amazon.com/Wearing-Mask-Medieval-Romance-Glastonbury-ebook/dp/B01LZUTNON/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/01/16 05:18 PM

Well that "last" polishing pass on Wearing A Mask resulted in lots of changes. Guess I need to do another "final" polishing pass smile Here we go! How are you guys doing?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/02/16 07:47 PM

Back from wonderful 4-day writing retreat in Vermont. I finished up diner book 10 there and then thought I was going to do a final polish on Medieval book 14. However I ended up making lots of changes on that pass smile. So I'm now on the final-final pass smile. It must be in by tomorrow to meet Amazon's terms for a pre-release so time is short!

https://www.amazon.com/Wearing-Mask-Medieval-Romance-Glastonbury-ebook/dp/B01LZUTNON/

What are you guys doing today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/03/16 12:18 PM

My main focus for today - I will post the final version for my upcoming release of medieval sweet romance Wearing A Mask!

What are you guys up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/07/16 10:10 PM

In preparation for my upcoming release of book 14 ... it's book 13! Free Ebook! Sweet Romance in Medieval times - Alicia has lost everything. Can she learn to love again?

https://www.amazon.com/Seeing-Ghost-Medieval-Romance-Glastonbury-ebook/dp/B0196PGTAE/

Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/07/16 11:59 PM

I wrote two articles today and worked on my big writing project.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/08/16 04:53 AM

For a change, I wrote letters to family and friends catching up with the change of seasons, ordered Christmas cards that should arrive overnight, then writing messages inside to those going across the pond.
smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/09/16 12:29 PM

Indie Author Day yesterday was a blast! I had a great time. Today is chock full of writing projects. First up, I'm making a paperback version of a poetry book for friend. Here's the ebook version. What are you doing today?

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Beautiful-Poems-Survival-Cancer-ebook/dp/B01F2LPVFA/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/09/16 12:56 PM

... OK it turns out I need a confirmation email before I can finish that poetry book for my poet friend. In the meantime, I'll work on finalizing 3 fresh paperback books for a friend who is a SciFi author. His hero is a soldier with Asperger's. Here's book 1 -

https://www.amazon.com/Normal-Citizen-1-Tom-Brooks/dp/1494376903/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/09/16 03:27 PM

... Happy. I've finished formatting the three books for my scifi Asperger's warrior story author friend. Next up, I need to finalize the box set for my 10-book proposal sweet romance series. The Kindle version is live but I hit a snag with the paperback version.

https://www.amazon.com/Proposal-Box-Set-Volumes-1-10-ebook/dp/B01JPA6APE/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/09/16 06:43 PM

I wrote a short blurb for my 30 days of uplifting photos. Yvonnie Dubose turned me on to that.

I also wrote in my long-term project.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/10/16 06:01 PM

Free Book special promotion - share the news! It's a medieval sweet romance! Alicia has lost everything. Can she learn to love again?

https://www.amazon.com/Seeing-Ghost-Medieval-Romance-Glastonbury-ebook/dp/B0196PGTAE/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/10/16 09:31 PM

4 days until my 14th sweet romance medieval adventure goes live! Reserve your copy today for only 99 cents!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/11/16 01:20 PM

Last Day! Free! Medieval sweet romance - Alicia has lost everything. Can she learn to love again?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/11/16 06:28 PM

Only 3 days until this Sweet Romance / Historical Romance is live! Only 99 cents prerelease - grab your copy and share the news!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/11/16 06:39 PM

I just finished my first pass at finally compiling my Self Publishing How-To-Write book everyone's been asking for. It's clocked in at 924 pages. What do you think - too long? And I didn't even include the Twitter-for-authors info, which I made into its own 226-page book.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/11/16 09:45 PM

Hurrah! I've finished editing the first 100 pages of my new 900-page How To Write and Self-Publish book. Only 800 pages to go!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/12/16 12:05 AM

I've now edited 200 pages of my 900-page book on Self-Publishing for Indie Authors - making progress! What are you up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/12/16 03:59 AM

I've now edited 300 pages of my 900 page book on writing and selfpublishing - I'm exhausted! Time to get some sleep. I'll start again in the morning!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/14/16 03:41 PM

So happy! The #1 Hot New Release is my Sweet Romance Medieval adventure, Wearing a Mask! The release day special is only 99 cents! Grab your copy and share the news smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/16/16 11:00 PM

Lisa, I am enjoying Seeing A Ghost.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/26/16 03:20 PM

First task today: Make a paperback version of dear friend Wil's story, Citizenchip. His family asked me to lend a hand; he passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago and his life celebration is coming up next weekend. Here's the Kindle version.

http://www.amazon.com/citizenchip-Wil-Howitt-ebook/dp/B00SDGUC88/

What are you doing today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/26/16 07:49 PM

OK this isn't helping. I'm crying while I try to load Wil Howitt's paperback book, citizenchip, into CreateSpace. I miss him. He was an amazing author. His novel is amazing. He was finishing up his second novel and now we'll never get to read it.

Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/27/16 11:21 AM

I recently published my mystery novel Heart Strings. My first! It is available on Amazon for kindle of paperback.

Heart Strings at amazon.com

It is the first of a series, so I'm frantically working on the next book. People who have read Heart Strings are very interested in the follow up so that's encouraging.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/30/16 05:07 PM

I'm finishing up paranormal out-of-body book 4 while Julie rests by the fire. Earlier she mrowled to go outside and we took a long walk in the back yard. And when we got back inside she didn't go back into her carrier to hide there! I think she's feeling better! What are you working on today?

Here is book 1 in the series, which is of course free:

https://www.amazon.com/Stepping-Outside-Oneself-paranormal-suspense-ebook/dp/B01GWI5BGQ/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/30/16 08:18 PM

Book 4 in my paranormal / out-of-body / car crash series is now out to beta readers! It should be live in a few days smile. Here's my first run at the cover.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/30/16 09:26 PM

Maybe this is better ...

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/31/16 02:32 AM

Just sent my book on writing and designing a book out to my beta-readers. It should be going live soon!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/31/16 02:33 AM

I also just sent my book on designing a book cover out to my beta-readers. It should be going live soon! Note that I'm still polishing the book's cover smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/31/16 02:47 AM

OK I am finally closing in on finalizing my Author Essential series. Book 4 on author signings and book 5 on twitter for authors are both out. Book 1 on writing / designing the book and book 2 on designing the cover are in final stages. That just leaves me to finish up with book 3 which is the step-by-step on self publishing. Progress!

... shoot - even having broken out the other books, my Self-Publishing book is still 500 pages long. I think I have to break it in half - one half on the actual self-publishing process and the other half on marketing the book.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/31/16 05:20 PM

I just got in the first ever paperback copy of citizenchip by Wil Howitt. I made a handful of formatting fixes and reloaded it. It should be live tomorrow. In the meantime, here's the Kindle version:

https://www.amazon.com/citizenchip-Wil-Howitt-ebook/dp/B00SDGUC88/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 10/31/16 10:45 PM

I spent an hour writing my family history. It is an overwhelming job. I transcribed a will so that I would be sure that the information included in the text would be correct. Editing text I had written and merging similar text is a challenge. This is not fiction though.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/09/16 02:59 PM

Time to immerse myself in work. First up, assemble book 2 for a dear friend's gentle nature cartoons - a soothing task. The image shows book 1 to give a sense of what they're like. What are you guys up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/09/16 06:46 PM

Update - Here's a rough draft of my friend Tom's new cover. Thoughts? Suggestions? It's a book of his original cartoons which are all black and white line drawings.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/09/16 08:16 PM

I'm finalizing my friend's cute story on short vowel sounds. She wrote it to help kids learn how to read. Treasure the young generation! That's three books so far today. Now to switch gears for a little while and work on some art stuff. What are you guys up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/09/16 10:29 PM

Hot off the presses! I'm releasing book 4 in my Out-Of-Body paranormal suspense series. It'll go live in a few hours! Woo hoo! What are you guys up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/09/16 11:58 PM

Loading live at this very minute! My book on designing a great book cover will be up shortly in Kindle and paperback format. Free on KU!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/12/16 02:17 AM

Just released! Book 4 in my paranormal out-of-body thriller romance series - book 1 is free!

http://www.lisashea.com/paranormaloutofbody/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/14/16 08:58 PM

Just finalized all voting on the Mused Literary Review's fiction area and sent out all the status emails to the authors. We had many amazing submissions this season! Now to get some lunch before I start in on the poetry smile. What are you guys up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/17/16 10:51 PM

I just finished implementing the final formatting revisions on my dear friend Wil Howitt's paperback version of his SciFi story Citizenchip. I've been working closely with his family to bring this project to fruition. Wil chose to present this tale in Courier font so there were a number of hurdles to overcome. The polishing pass is now complete and that updated version will be live soon. Here's the Kindle version -

https://www.amazon.com/citizenchip-Wil-Howitt/dp/1539774414/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/17/16 11:18 PM

I just finished final formatting for paperback book of breast cancer survival poetry written by a friend. Here's the link to both the Kindle and paperback version

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Beautiful-Poems-Survival-Cancer-ebook/dp/B01F2LPVFA/

What are you working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/25/16 04:59 AM

I'm currently at 42,549 words in my nanowrimo project to rewrite Pride And Prejudice to have Elizabeth & Charlotte in love. Another chapter or two and I'll turn in for the night. Who knows, maybe I'll cross 50k tonight smile. What are you guys working on?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 11/25/16 07:58 AM

I've done it! I reached 52,192 words today on my NaNoWriMo project. Hurrah! Now time to sleep smile

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/03/16 06:08 AM

Finished chapter two in my chapter-a-day book Elm Espionages. Or should it be Elm Exposes? Still playing with titles. Book 5 in any case. So far my heroine seems quite sad about the loss of her cat. But she is still of course focusing on the case before her.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 12/25/16 06:04 AM

Looking for beta-readers for my latest SciFi short story about climate change in Indonesia. Contact me if you're interested in reading it!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/08/17 09:14 AM

Well instead of sleeping I stayed up and wrote book 4 in my Wyoming series. Now I can dream about book 5 smile. I'll get book 4 out to the beta-readers when I wake up again and give it some polishing work. Good morning, everyone! Or good night smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/11/17 03:54 AM

I'm finishing up Wyoming book 5. I know, I know, I haven't published 1-4 yet. I'm still polishing them. What are you up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 01/19/17 04:28 AM

I'm working on book 6 in my suspense series featuring a Marine, a Deputy, and the wide landscapes of Wyoming. What are you up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/07/17 10:02 PM

I've loaded Counterfeit Lighthouse up live in all major systems. It should be live shortly. Next up, I'm adding in another sub-plot or two to Dogwood Dilemmas - book 4 in my Sutton Mass Mysteries. The book was complete but too short - I want it to be 50k words at least; it's currently 42k. So my hope is to finish that up tonight. What are you guys up to today?

Posted By: Lestie4containergardens

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/08/17 07:36 AM

Hi Lisa,

Tell me please - is your time manufacturing machine for sale?

I would be very interested in purchasing one. Please send me details of shipping (size, weight, cost etc.) and whether or not you would be interested in associate sales for such a machine for South Africa?

In the meantime, I am just plodding along building up my 100-word story book and writing flash fiction stories of 500 - 3000 words, haven't been brave enough to think about a novel!

Keep going as you do, it's inspiring!

Cheers

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/10/17 06:07 AM

I finished my "last" (hah) read-through of Sutton Massachusetts Mystery Book 4 - I'm pretty much there. I'll send this out to the beta-readers in the morning and then it'll be time to publish! This one is set in April 2015 so it's good to finally get it set smile. Then I have to finish the one set in Dec 2016! I aim for one a year for this series and each one is set in a different month so eventually I show what Sutton is like in all twelve months smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/12/17 09:08 PM

I'm working hard on Elm Espionage - book 5 in my Sutton mystery series. This one is set in December 2016. Book 4 (long overdue and set in April 2015) is in its final read-through and should be live soon! What are you up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/15/17 06:47 AM

I've got a few more chapters buttoned up for book 5 in my Sutton mystery series. It's pretty set through Chapter 11. Now to get some sleep. Tomorrow (later today) I hope to finish the polishes on book 4 - Dogwood Dilemmas - and get that publishing. I'll let you know! Have a great day!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/18/17 05:43 AM

Nearly done with my final pass-through of Dogwood Dilemmas. I'll finish it up Saturday afternoon and then publish! Keep your eyes open for news! In the meantime, have a great morning - I'm heading to sleep smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/24/17 05:00 PM

I've been working on variations of the left cover for my new Cinderella series. Yesterday evening I happened to see that someone else had used the exact same stock image for their Cinderella book. Part of what's funny is that I'd hated the "toilet paper stuck on the dress" look of the stock image and had been trying all sorts of things to hide that part of the dress. I guess not everyone had that same negative reaction to the train smile. Ah well, the hurdles in the life of an author - time to start again! What are you guys working on today?

Posted By: Chelle - Marriage Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 02/24/17 07:59 PM

How frustrating!

This is not fiction, but I finally pulled my book on Depression and Christianity out of mothballs and started truly working on it today. I wrote about 5 pages. I feel wrung out and depressed that I wrote so little, but this thing dredges up so many horrible memories and emotions, it's like going through intense therapy. I can't wait to get past the part where I'm introducing everything.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/07/17 06:29 PM

Happy happy! I found an awesome narrator for Knowing Yourself - she'll start recording soon! This is a full-length novel and is FREE in ebook form - grab your copy!

https://www.amazon.com/Knowing-Yourself-Medieval-Romance-Glastonbury-ebook/dp/B006JDEK0I/

This series has 14 books in it and wholly supports battered women's shelters.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/08/17 06:46 PM

Happy Happy! I just found an awesome narrator for my Preening Peacock zoo mystery series! The narrator grew up in Puerto Rico just like my heroine, and I *love* her accent. I'll listen to these myself over and over just to hear her talk wink. Here's book one in the series, free of course.

http://www.amazon.com/Preening-Peacock-Rosalinda-Alameda-Mystery-ebook/dp/B014GRKH0K/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/09/17 05:46 PM

Happy! I've found a wonderful narrator for my Worcester-based mystery series with a heroine with Asperger's. The narrator is getting started on the reading. In the meantime, you can read book 1 for FREE!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/13/17 05:09 AM

I just finished writing book 7 in my Art Museum Mystery series. This one is set in the Audubon House in Key West, Florida. I've visited there twice and love it. Both times my mom took me. This image shows a single page from his one of his massive famous folios - each print was **full sized** and showed the bird full color. The prints were made from copper-etched plates and then hand colored in. A full "book" of 435 prints cost the equivalent of $80,000 back in 1830 smile. Now, of course, one could be had for a mere ten million.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/13/17 04:40 PM

Next up on my to-do list - finish my LinkedIn book & get it out to beta-readers. I'll let you guys know when it's ready! What are you guys up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/17 07:10 AM

The snow is falling, I have two UPSs plugged in just in case, but to be doubly sure I was ready for Thursday's seminar I plowed through and just finished the full first draft of my Facebook Social Networking book. Hurrah! I've mailed it to my phone, too. Now to turn everything off and sleep. If disaster strikes at least I can trek to a library and finish up the editing. Have a good day, everyone! Stay warm!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/17 07:30 PM

Here we go! I'm nearing the finish line on the last of my 7 social networking books. The Facebook one should be ready for the beta-readers soon! What are you guys working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/14/17 11:34 PM

I'm finishing up my Facebook social networking book and am now seeking beta-readers. Beta-readers provide feedback on any last changes before I publish. Let me know if you're interested! Just message me with your preference of EPUB, MOBI, or PDF. I also have books on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Instagram, Flickr, and Pinterest that I'm happy to send along. I definitely recommend authors have a presence in all 7 - it's free and quite useful.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/15/17 03:24 AM

Next up on my to-do list - I'm curling up with the laptop to write Zoo Mystery book 7 (with heroine Rosalinda Alameda) set in the Key West Aquarium - I loved visiting there. Look at this cutie!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/15/17 06:33 AM

Hurrah! Book 7 in my Zoo Cozy Mystery series with heroine Rosalinda Alameda is now complete. It's set at the Key West aquarium. Here's a cute turtle I met there. I'm now heading to bed. Good night, everyone!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/15/17 11:21 PM

Awesome news! My narrator just finished completing book 1 in my Black Cat series - it should be going live shortly! Just another 30 to go smile. Here's book 1 - it's free (well, the ebook version is smile )

http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Cat-Black-Massachusetts-Mystery-ebook/dp/B00O3841BO/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/16/17 12:01 AM

Happy! I just signed on a narrator for The Proposal - my sweetly romantic firefighter story, set in New York City! Here's book one - free of course smile

http://www.amazon.com/The-Proposal-Romantic-Short-Story-ebook/dp/B015BPLUVG

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/16/17 06:41 AM

I'd hoped to write the next Art Mystery book tonight, but I'm exhausted. Still, I got lots done today. And when I wake up I need to finalize everything for my social networking marketing talk, so it's just as well if I turn in early. I've got lots to do in the afternoon when I wake up! Have a good day everyone! #Namaste

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/28/17 04:24 PM

First task on my Author list for today - finish book 10 in my new Copper Age Flood series and get it out to beta-readers. That way I can bundle the 10-book set in paperback form and get back to the Zoo series. What are you up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/30/17 01:47 AM

The patient fans of my Destiny series - currently 20 books - have been waiting over a *year* for me to get back to it. I'm now ready to finish up the series with books 21-30. I needed to be hit by inspiration and last night it struck smile. So right now I am re-reading books 1-20 to prepare - and then I start writing! Here's book 1 - FREE - to see how it all begins!

http://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Interrupted-Sweetly-Romantic-Mini-Adventures-ebook/dp/B00VKH3ARM/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/30/17 05:21 PM

I spent all of last night re-reading my Destiny Time Travel books 1-20. I'm now preparing to write book 21! If you haven't tried this series yet, book 1 is FREE:

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Interrupted-Sweetly-Romantic-Mini-Adventures-ebook/dp/B00VKH3ARM/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/30/17 08:45 PM

Hurrah! Book 21 is done and ready for feedback! It's set during the King Philip War. smile. Let me know if you're interested in my sweetly romantic Time Travel short story adventure series. I can send MOBI (kindle), EPUB (iTunes), or PDF (generic). Next up, book 22 - set during the Hun / Vandal / Roman times! Always makes me think of a friend from high school smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 03/31/17 08:47 PM

Today's writing task: write book 23 in my Destiny Time Travel series. This one is set during the Irish potato famine. A tragic time. What are you writing or working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/01/17 12:40 AM

Book 23 in my Destiny Time Travel series is now done! It's set in Ireland. Book 24 is set in the China Three Kingdoms period. That's a fascinating time in history - and also very tragic. 40 **million** people died due to the brutal warfare, and this was back in 200AD where the Earth only had perhaps 300 million people total. It is probably the greatest percentage of world human life lost due to armed conflict ever.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/02/17 02:19 AM

I just finished sending books 21-23 to my beta readers in my Destiny Time Travel series. Here's what the books look like. If you're interested, in being a beta reader and giving me feedback on these, please use my contact form to contact me! They are sweetly romantic - suitable for teens and up.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/02/17 04:07 AM

I just finished most of book 24 in my TimeTravel SweetRomance Destiny Interrupted series. This book was set in ancient Three Kingdoms China. I will add the last touches tomorrow. Good night, everyone!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/07/17 04:27 AM

It's a lucky day! I just loaded up book 7 in my ArtMuseum mystery series & book 7 in my Zoo mystery series. Both are set in Key West, Florida - I took the notes for these when I visited last year. (Thanks Mom for the cruise!! smile ) - I'll let you guys know when they're live! What are you all up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/08/17 05:10 PM

FREE! I just re-loaded this entire series with fresh covers & polished content. Nicole has loved Jon for 1,000 years - but he's lost all memory of her.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarian-Awakenings-Collective-Sci-Fi-Romance-ebook/dp/B00MFTBV70/

Aquarian Awakenings - book 1!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/08/17 05:56 PM

99 cents! New release! Prudence and Askuwheteau's world is shattering apart ...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y4M67XG/

Amazon is really flying today. I just uploaded Manchaug a short while ago and it's already live!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it smile.

What are you guys up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/09/17 04:46 AM

Sheer insanity; I have to now speed-load my Cinderella series, that I've been working on for over a year, as another "Lisa Shea" has started publishing her own! So much for my launch plan for these smile.

I know a number of my fans have already gotten confused and thought HER books were MY books. To clarify - THIS is what my new Cinderella series looks like. Books 1 and 2 should be live shortly and book 3 should be live by later tonight.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/09/17 10:57 AM

That is sooo shifty of her! You have worked really hard to develop your brand.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/09/17 05:53 PM

The "odd" on this Cinderella situation gets odder. Yesterday I loaded up Cinderella (book 1) and then 7 hrs later Snow White (book 2). Somehow Amazon hasn't even touched Cinderella yet - but they've put Snow White live. Strange.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/13/17 07:07 AM

Good morning! I just finished a marathon editing session. Book 3 in my Cinderella series should be live later tonight! Now to sleep. Have a great day, everyone!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/17/17 09:00 AM

It's 9am and I just finished an all-night-long session of working on my Destiny Time Travel series. Books 21-25 are now done! Good night everyone! Have a great day!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 04/24/17 06:44 PM

I just got a lovely new review on Chartreuse - a SciFi Short Story! This story is unusual for me - it's a wholly standalone short story. SciFi as you can probably guess smile. And it's FREE! An overpopulated world. A botanist in a quiet refuge. Little does she know she'll find ...

https://www.amazon.com/Chartreuse-Sci-Fi-Short-Story-Stories-ebook/dp/B00NCCF43G/

Just don't read the one 3-star review. The person pretty much gives away the entire plot in the review. Why in the world do people do that? I just don't know smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/08/17 06:06 AM

I just finished my next book on working with a traditional publisher. I'd love to get some feedback! It's 61 pages. Next up is my book on self publishing which is the big one.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/08/17 08:32 PM

I'm nervous and excited! My very first ghost story is now submitted for a compilation. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/08/17 08:37 PM

I finished my reading article, wrote some fb posts, and a few tweets.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/08/17 09:00 PM

Today's project, write my book on self-publishing DVDs. Have any of you tried that? I'd love to chat! I sell origami DVDs. What are you working on?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/10/17 06:03 PM

I'm working on my cover for my book about choosing publishing options. Which do you prefer, left or right?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/10/17 07:32 PM

Destiny book 29 set at Masada is now loading onto Kindle. I'll let you know when it's ready! Next, I'm finalizing book 30, set during the Cambodian Killing Fields period in the late 1970s. Did you know they ruthlessly killed over 2 million of their own people out of a population of 8 million? That's just staggering, and it's very recent history.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/10/17 09:04 PM

Book 30 in my time travel series is out to beta-readers. This one's set during the Cambodian Killing Fields period. That only leaves book 31 left to write. Book 31 is set during the Ukrainian genocide where Stalin caused up to 10 million deaths in only a few years.

What are you working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/22/17 08:30 PM

I'm finalizing my new book on Self-Publishing - it covers the process on Kindle, iTunes, CreateSpace, Kobo, and more. Any thoughts on the cover? Let me know! I'll let you know when I'm ready for beta-readers smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/27/17 09:40 PM

My new book on cabochon jewelry making is going live! It should be up on Amazon in a few hours. I have so much fun with these. Have you tried cabochons? What are you up to today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/27/17 11:35 PM

Here's a set of photos that Bob and I have taken over the years which I'm now turning into cabochon pendant jewelry. This is fun! Have you tried doing this? What are you guys up to? I'll have these at the Sutton Art Festival on Sat June 3rd if you'd like to see them in person!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/28/17 01:11 PM

Great idea. What a charming memory piece.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/28/17 01:17 PM

did your book go live?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 05/28/17 04:40 PM

Just finished the 31st and final book in my Destiny time travel series. This one's set during Stalin's brutal famine-murder in 1933 Ukraine. Stalin deliberately killed millions upon millions of innocent people - and he hid it all from the world. He sealed the borders so the peasants couldn't get to safety. They could only slowly, tortuously die. It reminds us to be grateful for where we were born and the blessings our lives offer.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/05/17 09:24 PM

Huzzah! I've finally gotten the gorgeous medieval heart by Gardiner Design available on t-shirts, mugs, earrings, and more! I highly recommend her if you need an illustrator or cover designer for your book or other project.

http://www.cafepress.com/medievalromance/14635755

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/05/17 11:11 PM

The dragon is live! Fans of dragons - check out my new shop with t-shirts mugs & more - the medieval stained glass dragon design is by Gardiner Design smile This one was for my book A Sense of Duty.

http://www.cafepress.com/medievalromance/14635895

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/05/17 11:12 PM

Hungry Like The Wolf? Full moon fever? Give this medieval stained glass wolf shirt / mug a try! Design by Gardiner Design smile. I know a few of you were waiting for the wolf to be ready! smile

http://www.cafepress.com/medievalromance/14635996

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/06/17 04:05 PM

Ukraine Destiny. I began this series of sweetly romantic time travel adventures back in April 2015. Now at last it has reached its climax. Book 31 should be live shortly! What are you working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/07/17 06:37 PM

At last! It's live! The final book 31 in my sweet romance time travel series is set in Ukraine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WQ8449/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/07/17 07:20 PM

I was halfway through my editing run of my monotype printmaking book when Word crashed & somehow took out my autosaves. Deep breath. I start again.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/07/17 07:21 PM

I was halfway through my editing run of my monotype printmaking book when Word crashed & somehow took out my autosaves. Deep breath. I start again.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/10/17 07:54 PM

So stoked! My narrator for my cozy zoo mystery series just finished up with book 3. It'll be live soon! If you haven't heard her voice yet, be sure to check out the sample on book 1. I love her reading style! You can get the ebook version of book 1 for free to see what the story is all about. Then get the audio version to enjoy the readings!

http://www.amazon.com/Preening-Peacock-Rosalinda-Alameda-Mystery-ebook/dp/B014GRKH0K/

Books 1-3 are all set at Massachusetts zoos.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/14/17 10:08 PM

So stoked! My awesome narrator for my Rosalinda Alameda cozy mystery series just finished book 4. It'll be live soon. Catch up on books 1-3!

https://www.amazon.com/Preening-Peacock-Rosalinda-Alameda-Mystery-ebook/dp/B014GRKH0K/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/15/17 08:52 PM

You MUST be kidding me! I just released the 10th version of my Twitter book & then Twitter just changed all of their icons?? smile. This is the way life goes smile. What are you working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/18/17 12:38 AM

Woo hoo! Rosalinda Alameda is #1 in Hispanic American free literature! Grab your free copy! I love the narrator for my audio book version smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 06/30/17 08:21 PM

I'm on the final polishing run of Elm Espionage - book 5 in my Massachusetts mystery series and then it goes to the beta-readers! Hurrah! This is set in December 2016, so last Christmas.

What are you guys working on tonight?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/01/17 01:00 AM

Book 5 in my Sutton Massachusetts mystery series is now complete! Hurrah! I'll send it off to my beta-readers shortly. So happy! Next up, probably finish the next book in the Wyoming series. Or maybe book 4 in the Cinderella series. What are you guys up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/01/17 04:14 PM

I just finished up book 7 in my Wyoming Native American series - it goes out to the betareaders shortly! Just as soon as my mail starts working again smile. What are you working on today?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/02/17 07:35 PM

My poison ivy swollen foot is in pain from sitting for too long. I'm heading back to bed! I'll curl up with my laptop and write book 8 in my Cozy Mystery Zoo series. It's based on the trip down to Tampa with my sis, Jenn, to visit our other sis who just had a baby. Here Jenn is feeding a giraffe - it was tons of fun! What are you guys up to?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/03/17 08:51 PM

I've finally bundled up books 21-31 in my Destiny Time Travel series into a box set! It should be live soon smile.

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/30/17 05:26 PM

Just reloaded books 6 & 7 in my Native American short story series for some minor tweaks. Try book 1 for FREE!

https://www.amazon.com/Wyoming-Vision-Arapaho-Quest-Book-ebook/dp/B01NBVPOG5/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/30/17 05:59 PM

I just made a minor tweak to my FREE Massachusetts murder mystery. One of the benefits of self-publishing is you can tweak for as long as you wish smile. It's loading live! I'll give a free ebook of mine of your choice to any of the readers who have the existing copy, if they can spot what geographical mistake I made somewhere in chapters 1-10 smile. It's probably something only Suttonians would spot ...

http://www.amazon.com/Aspen-Allegations-Sutton-Massachusetts-Mystery-ebook/dp/B00BO0K7ZI/

Posted By: Dianne W - Editor

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 07/30/17 06:56 PM

My daughter is inspiring me to pick up my writing at a faster pace. I finished a couple of articles for the Action Movies site. I have written ahead about a month. Very excited about that!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/03/17 05:54 PM

Just so happy. My amazing narrator for my cozy zoo mystery series just finished up book 6, The Minuscule Mouse. It should be going live soon. You should be able to listen to book 1 for free with the free Audible trial to see what she sounds like. She does an awesome job with the accents and voices!

https://www.amazon.com/Preening-Peacock-Rosalinda-Alameda-Mystery-ebook/dp/B014GRKH0K/

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/03/17 05:55 PM

That is great to hear, Dianne! The more one writes, the more quickly it goes!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/04/17 11:59 PM

I just finished writing book 8 in my zoo cozy mystery series. This was set at the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa, where I went with my sister. I love the narrator for these books; she's just finished book 6! She's catching up! I have to stay ahead of her!

What are you guys up to tonight?

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/08/17 03:35 PM

I'm nearly done with the re-polishing of book 7 in my cozy zoo mystery series. The narrator is all ready to start on it the moment it's ready! Here's book 1 for free, to see what this series is like smile.

http://www.amazon.com/Preening-Peacock-Rosalinda-Alameda-Mystery-ebook/dp/B014GRKH0K

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/11/17 01:59 PM

I had a fantastic time with Andrew Boylan, Tom Deady, Curtis Lawson, John McIlveen, and Jason Parent in yesterday's writing panel - thanks so much to the Millbury Barnes & Noble for hosting us!

Re: What Did You Write Today? - 08/13/18 09:20 PM

[Linked Image]

Hurrah! I have been stuck on writing book 15 in my medieval adventure series since October 2016. I just couldn't find a new theme I wanted to write about. And then suddenly one came to me. In the past two days I've written 25,000 words / 16 Chapters. The story is flowing!

What are you guys up to?

Book 1 in the series is free here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JDEK0I/
© 2020 BellaOnline Forums