Next Thread
Print Thread
#879399 10/09/14 11:42 PM
E
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
E
The dark nights are on their way, Winter is when I make my peg loom or rag rugs. I usually give one or two rugs to a local charity shop to sell or raffle. I have just begun to think about the colours to use in this years rag rug. What colours are other people using this year?

Elaine - Adolescence Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
I have always been an admirer of natural colours and soft tones so personally for me it is more and more use of ivory, teal and beige this year.

E
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
E
I must admit I love natural colours too, creams, ivory, beiges are threaded throughout my work. I also love the colour pink so I have got a feeling I will be working with tranquil colours this year. I also have a Jacob's fleece to spin which is a beautiful hue of brown. I am waiting for some inspiration in how to use the fleece.

M
M
Personally for me they are the earthy colour shades which happen to be beige, ivory, mink and aubergine. These colours suits well with any type of wall colours and furniture style.

E
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
E
I love the colour mink, I crocheted a throw in the colours of mink and ivory recently. It does tend to blend in with almost any furnishings. I have not used aubergine in any of my work!

E
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
E
Having spent the week weeding through my rug making bits and bobs I have decided that I will be using pink and mink. My daughter in law will hopefully appreciate my efforts when I have worked my magic!

E
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
E
My rag rug is now completed, a gift to my daughter in law for her bedroom. The colours worked really well together.
I am just completing crocheting a throw for my bed before I begin any new projects.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.