BellaOnline
Posted By: Elaine A Colours for rag rugs - 10/10/14 03:42 AM
The dark nights are on their way, Winter is when I make my peg loom or rag rugs. I usually give one or two rugs to a local charity shop to sell or raffle. I have just begun to think about the colours to use in this years rag rug. What colours are other people using this year?
Posted By: rachil Re: Colours for rag rugs - 10/11/14 09:28 AM
I have always been an admirer of natural colours and soft tones so personally for me it is more and more use of ivory, teal and beige this year.
Posted By: Elaine A Re: Colours for rag rugs - 10/11/14 11:31 AM
I must admit I love natural colours too, creams, ivory, beiges are threaded throughout my work. I also love the colour pink so I have got a feeling I will be working with tranquil colours this year. I also have a Jacob's fleece to spin which is a beautiful hue of brown. I am waiting for some inspiration in how to use the fleece.
Posted By: Martin121 Re: Colours for rag rugs - 10/13/14 05:34 AM
Personally for me they are the earthy colour shades which happen to be beige, ivory, mink and aubergine. These colours suits well with any type of wall colours and furniture style.
Posted By: Elaine A Re: Colours for rag rugs - 10/13/14 08:47 AM
I love the colour mink, I crocheted a throw in the colours of mink and ivory recently. It does tend to blend in with almost any furnishings. I have not used aubergine in any of my work!
Posted By: Elaine A Re: Colours for rag rugs - 10/27/14 04:28 AM
Having spent the week weeding through my rug making bits and bobs I have decided that I will be using pink and mink. My daughter in law will hopefully appreciate my efforts when I have worked my magic!
Posted By: Elaine A Re: Colours for rag rugs - 02/01/15 12:17 PM
My rag rug is now completed, a gift to my daughter in law for her bedroom. The colours worked really well together.
I am just completing crocheting a throw for my bed before I begin any new projects.
© BellaOnline Forums