Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 299 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 298 299
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
You're very welcome, Nancy! The Avalanche, hmmm? You're talking about ice hockey, right? I really am a dunce at sports. smile But I can imagine how hard it would be to play hockey at a much higher altitude than what someone's used to. Hockey (what little I've seen of it) looks so physically intense -- lots of starts and stops and changing direction on the ice. It would be hard to keep the breath under control let alone worry about getting enough oxygen.

The ice trails thing sounds like such a good idea! If I could ice-skate, that would be the way I'd want to do it. It would be like taking a long distance walk but more fun, I would think. You'd get to cover some ground and see a lot, rather than just staying in a little rink with everybody else.

But at least you know how to roller-blade! Maybe you could get back to that? I love how graceful roller-blading looks. I know what you mean about bicycling. I haven't done it since I was a kid, and I further lost my enthusiasm when I was juror in a personal injury trial involving a bicycle. smile But I think you're right about the skills coming back through muscle memory, and I think as long as the rider wears a helmet, he or she will be safe.

Exercise experts are always telling us that we need to find a sport that we love to play, and that those who do have the best rate of success with getting in shape. But I'm still looking, ha, ha! Walking is the best thing for me right now. I'd like to get into swimming eventually.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Yesterday before my walk it was partly cloudy and windy off/on. During my walk it was sunny and windy on/off. After my walk it was partly cloudy and windy off/on.

The night was rainning off/on.

When I went to bed it was windy off/on.

It was the same when I got up.

N
N
Yes, the Colorado Avalanche are an NHL team. They had lots of awesome years with Patrick Roy, Mike Keane, Peter Forsberg, Adam Foote, Rob Blake and the list goes on. I did not have a satelitte dish that time so I could not see Biggi play but I could catch the Avalanche most Saturdays.

The ice trails were not very long (the park was like a medium sized park so the trails were not that short) but it was fun.

I remember when rollerblades first came out everyone warned to take lessons because it was hard and dangerous but I did not and I had no problem at all with it. I never used an helmet but now with Shumi's accident I think I will.

When my dad decided to quit his job and put us all in trouble I was about to learn how to swim. I think there's a place in one or both of the nearest town where we can learn it so I could still do it. One day I may be near an ocean or another beautiful body of water and it would suck not being able to go into it. Here the water is polluted so no swimming (you can still do it but dont complain if you catch an illness...lol).

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Chicago's weather is 77F, partly sunny. There is a fabulous breeze (SSW@16mph) and the skies seem to suggest that a storm is on the way. You know me, I'm looking forward to that. Already brewing tea for the show; LOL.

How's to going where you are?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yvonnie,

I think there's a storm coming here too. It's a wonder why I like storms so much, one of the many ways my parents stressed me was my mom freaking out over storms. For a long time too it scared me then it made me nervous then I only had small remains of that and now I am 100% okay with it. Now the only thing I hate about them is that the lightning and thunder takes away the satellite signal (only that now does that...before it did not take a lot to take away the signal...reason # 1 of internet for me is a backup for my sports in case its not on tbv or the signal is off...thankfully it has not happened often during these times...it mostly goes off when theres no sport... smile haha).

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, LOL, here I was thinking that the ice trails were long and panoramic like a cross-country skiing route or something! That would have been nice, though.

I've been putting off learning to swim for a while. The biggest reason is I'm incredibly near-sighted, so I'd have to get some prescription swim goggles so I could actually find my way to the water. Then, I'm a little overweight and not real thrilled with my appearance in a swimsuit, but then again I think that 90% of all women feel that way about themselves so I'm in good company. laugh I can probably get over the self-consciousness quickly enough once I've got the prescription swim goggles.

That is so cool that you took to roller-blading like a fish to water and didn't even need lessons. You must be a natural with balance and coordination. I'll admit that I've always been too nervous about it to want to do roller-blading, but I love to watch it. Before you mentioned Shumi's accident (and his was skiing, but still, close enough), I hadn't thought about the possibility of roller-bladers injuring their heads. I've always thought if I tried it, it would be my backside instead! If there were such a thing as a "butt helmet" I think I'd be braver about trying it.

Yvonnie and Nancy, would you believe it was 95 F / 35 C out here today? At least it was dry heat, as we always say. No storm in sight, either. I'm with both of you in that I really like thunderstorms.

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was windy off/on. When I walked the sun was not completely out yet and it was also windy on/off. After my walk it was partly cloudy, windy off/on and rainning off/on.

The night was windy off/on.

It was calm when I went to bed.

When I got up it was partly cloudy and windy off/on.

N
N
Val,

A butt helmet, LOL, what a great idea, smile haha!

I always thought helmets were stupid and I never wore one (my parents never wanted me and my bother to use 1 either...not surprising coming from them). I was lucky, I remember only falling off my bike once (caught a hole in the street that i had not seen) and that's it as far as falling goes. I skied once when I went to a Winter camp with most of my classmates (dont recall the grade but i know it was before high school so it was primary school), my last time I decided not to go side to side and I went down straight, I had to fall on my butt to stop since I was too scared to brake normally (we only skied that day so it was my first time...they did give us a few pointers before since only a few knew how to sky but not too much information was given), that was crazy for me to do, I was going fast, it was both fun and scary at the same time.

I seem to remember someone inventing a rollerblade but for skiing, I thought it was cool but it never caught on, I only saw it that one time when they showed the man talking about it and showing it on television.

I liked skiing but I always thought the ski season was too short so I never tried it again.

It's funny how I never liked my body and face (i feel uncomfortable with short sleeves) but I never was uncomfortable with a bathing suit on, I don't know why, I am weird like that.

Here it is getting colder (we dont have a thermometer that is why i never talk about the temperature) but I am not sad about it since I hate hot weather.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
A butt helmet, yes. Ha, ha! It would give me great peace of mind. laugh

I went skiing a couple of times as a kid, too, but I was never that good at it. I enjoyed it, but the downhill-picking-up-speed thing could get unnerving, especially since I wasn't that good at parallel turning. I love to watch it on Winter Olympics, though!

Nancy, you're so lucky that it's getting cooler where you are. It was another 90F / 32C day here, and everywhere I went today, there was much whining about the heat!

N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was mostly cloudy and windy off/on. It was the same when I walked. After my walk it was partly cloudy and windy off/on.

The night was windy off/on.

When I went to bed it was the same.

When I got up the sun was almost completely out and it was windy off/on.

Page 13 of 299 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 298 299

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.