Print Thread
#858819 03/09/14 12:02 AM
S
SWK Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Hi-Have you heard of the Pilates-Yoga class called PiYo? I'm thinking of trying one out; I'm not sure how advanced or intense it would be, though. I used to do yoga consistently but haven't for many years. I've pretty much just been running over the past few years for exercise. I'm finding that everything is tense now, though, and I'm craving the stretch that yoga used to provide. My upper-body and core have lost a lot of strength, too. As I said, though, I don't want to get into a class that's going to kill me!

SWK
Sponsored Post Advertisement
SWK #858976 03/10/14 04:33 PM
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
PiYo is another name for "yogalates, yoga fusion, Pilates fusion" and a whole host of exercises that combine yoga and Pilates. According to what you are looking for I would not recommend PiYo. It is advertised as an intense strength training program with some flexibility.

The right yoga class should help you gain strength in your upper-body and core, as well a nice comfortable stretch. The key word here is "right". There are many styles of yoga and each has their own brand. Let me know what yoga classes are available to you and I can help you figure out which is best for you.

SWK #860582 03/30/14 06:58 AM
S
SWK Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Yeah . . . So I read your post AFTER I tried the class! Although it was different than I was expecting, it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be--based on web searches and YouTube videos (which looked extremely hard!). The people in the class range from ages 19 - 70, and the instructor is great at giving alternate moves for those of us who are tight. I don't follow along with everything--sometimes I'm just getting positioned correctly into a particular move when the class goes on to the next move--but I'm doing what works for me and thus am able to individualize it a bit.

This class, unfortunately, is the only yoga-type class that is available after the work day in our little town. (There's also a spin class, a Zumba class, and something called Barre-lates.) During the summer, though, I plan to take the noon yoga class, which is taught by the same instructor from whom I took yoga ten years ago--when I actually had the flexibility to do everything! smile

SWK
SWK #860687 03/31/14 11:43 AM
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
It's good to try new things. Maybe there is a yoga video that you can use. I have one that I use sometimes it's called:
"Gentle Stretching", by Suzanne Deason and it is a Gaiam product. I have Gaiam products to be very reliable.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.