Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I think I am working through my grief, but then it just hits and I get sad thinking about missing my mommy. I'm 60 and she was 85, but I guess I am still her little girl.

Launa Stout
Kids Crafts/Books

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I'm sorry to hear that, take your time with it, it certainly is an adjustment no matter when it happens.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
You know?

I think grief is just one of those things that doesn't deserve judgement.

Each processor is as individual as the individual themselves.

If you didn't feel it, that's a part of the human experience that makes it just that.

For a moment...I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe I can't even remember, it was during the abuse thing. I lost so much and no family to speak of.

I wondered what it would be like to be a little girl again and actually call my parents "mommy" and "daddy."

I burst into a flood of tears I hadn't seen in a long time to be strong. But I think no matter what age, as long as it's a personal process, once to go through it, you're much more able to reach the person it is that you miss smile ((hugs))

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Launa, I'm so sorry for your loss. No matter what our age, losing a dear one is full of grief. As time goes on, memories will bring comfort, but in the meantime, it is okay to feel really emotional.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Susan, I very much agree and Launa, you are in my thoughts as well as your mother.

I don't know if you still come back to this thread but if you have a fond memory or even a memory box and should feel like sharing, it would be wonderful to hear from you.

I try to remember our loved ones are never too far away they can't feel our love for them and vice versa.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I'm so sorry Launa. I Skype my mum and dad in England every week, and when I'm done I have tears in my eyes, wondering whether they will both be there again. They are in their late 70's.

I guess I should be happy, huh? I know my mum still misses her mum (my nana)! Hugs!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thanks for all your comments. I am so lucky that when she was alive my husband always encouraged me to go visit her during the summers when I wasn't working during summers (I work for a school district). For the past 8 years I also would go visit her a couple of times a year for a week or so. Because I was there only to visit her and take care of her(not go to work every day) we spent a lot of time going through and labeling her photographs and recording memories. I helped her write her life story and also helped her with many ancestor stories. Had I not done that all would be lost as she was the last of her family. She was the one who knew all the details.
My advice to all- ask your parents questions before it is too late.

Launa Stout
Kids Crafts/Books

Gecko
Gecko
Oh isn't that the truth, we found out that we are related to some fancy schmancy royalty but since my Grandma and my Dad are both passed was told that the "royalty" would more than likely deny. I have tried already said we will sign whatever we don't want anything just to know who is in our family but NOPE. I agree with you on that one.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I already have Launa! I'm happy you had that time to spend physically doing all those things with your mom. It should comfort you on your down days!

If you every need to bend any ears...I'm all!! smile

Truly....Ally!

P.S. And by the way. I'm so sad that I have to over write your recipes on ARC..but I have orders to do so! LOL. I get a good amount of traffic on a lot of them!

Hugs & Kises!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I already have Launa!

I'm happy you had that time to spend physically doing all those things with your mom. It should comfort you on your down days!

If you ever need to bend any ears...I'm all!! smile

Truly....Ally!

P.S. And by the way. I'm so sad that I have to over write your recipes on ARC..but I have orders to do so! LOL. I get a good amount of traffic on a lot of your recipes.

Hugs & Kisses!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.