Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 194 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 193 194
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Debbie,

I'm going to have to accept that I am getting older and make some changes because now my eating and drinking habits are starting to affect my health.

I am also getting migraines now (dont know if that can be triggered by what someone is eating but they are getting worst with every passing by) and things I could eat at anytime before I cannot anymore (ex: salads...i cant eat some 6 hours of less before going to bed).

But I especially have to drink more water!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
Today I had grape juice, Pepsi and water with two toasts (finishing the old fresh bread), white uncooked potatoes fried in vegetable oil and butter, chocolate ice cream, penne with fried mushrooms tomato sauce and cheese and white cooked potatoes fried in vegetable oil and butter.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Nancy.....yes, migraines can be triggered by eating certain foods. It could be different for every person but common triggers are chocolate, cola, bread, peanuts and peanut butter, cheese, potato chips, smoked fish, cured meats, and packaged foods especially those with MSG.

If you think your migraines are food related you can eliminate one item from your diet for a couple of weeks and see if the frequency of your headaches goes down. If not then try eliminating another food to see if that one is the culprit. I recommend that you check with your doctor for advice on your migraines, and what healthier diet would work better for you.

Dehydration can also cause headaches, so it is important to drink ample water, not just other beverages. Stress, lack of sleep, sensitivity to low air pressure systems, and hormone imbalances can also cause migraines.

I think with a few changes you could be feeling a lot better and you will improve the quality of your life.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
N
N
Debbie,

Thank you for all the informations! I was able to find symptoms of migraines last night on the internet but not what caused them.

I cannot talk to a doctor about it since I don't have one right now. Ours retired in June and we are on a list waiting for one. Most doctors for the past year have been either retiring or going to work in another city so most people here are like us without a doctor.

Today so far no migraines, I woke up fine but sometimes for a few seconds the neck hurts, I'll check this carefuly and if I see these pains are longer and wants to go somewhere else I won't do like I'm used to do which is to wait too long to take aspirins and I'll take some then.

Do you know if too much ear wax can also cause a migraine?

I'll make changes, I don't want to be very sick when older and be the cause of this.

N
N
Today I had grape juice, Pepsi and water with three toasts, chocolate ice cream, pork roast with mashed potatoes, white cooked potatoes fried in vegetable oil and butter, chocolate (milk bunnies with caramel inside) and half of last night's pasta leftover.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Nancy.....how unfortunate that you don't have a good health care system in place there. I would think maybe there is a clinic available if you do not have a primary care doctor at this time? What do people do when they need medical treatment? There must be some other alternative available to you.

I do not know if too much ear wax causes migraines. Maybe a headache from the pressure, but there are many types of headaches and not all headaches are migraines. I am also a migraine sufferer, and to me it is a different type of head pain than a typical headache. For me, aspirin would never clear up a migraine, but it would help other types of headaches. I am not a doctor so I would recommend that you see one as soon as you can for the answers you seek.

I think a good start to a healthier and happier you would be to start eating better, drink more water, get enough sleep, and manage stress the best you can. Walking is great for exercise and for clearing the mind. It may even help your headaches to get out into the fresh air.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
N
N
Debbie,

When we need to see a doctor when we do not have a family doctor we have to go to the emergency room at an hospital and it has to be the hospital closest to where you live (when its not and you dont have a good excuse they throw you out). It has been like that for decades then the government complains that the hospital emergencies are too crowded, that's Quebec for you! I always wanted Ottawa to step in and do something since for the rest of Canada it's not like that but Canada is scared of Quebec or/and just do not want to hear separatists whine (they will whine anyway) but now that a crazy moron has the majority in Canada the rest of Canada's health care is starting to suck like in Quebec. There are private clinics so people who have money and don't want to wait too long to get health care and have good doctors they can go there,if of course you have the money.

The symptoms I had were throbing pain on the sides and top of the head, neck, shoulders and back. I was also dizzy (head turning) and had flashes of lights (not too much...my moms migraines always start like that and she often barely can see....it never got this bad for me) and the pain also went to my eyes. They always (so far) start with neck pain that goes to the head, yesterday I took aspirins when it started so I was about to stop it before it got too bad. After my biggest one (friday) it felt like I had no energy at all and I hurt everywhere (it was like when youre about to get really sick or when you have a fever).

I am starting by drinking more water then I will slowly start eating better. I also will start waking up and getting to bed at normal hours so that should help with sleeping better (im not used to not being able to sleep). Also by waking up at a normal hour I will be able to eat at normal times, I think that will help too.

N
N
I forgot to mention that I cannot swallow pills (almost chocked on 1 when alone and young). The aspirins I take used to be for babies but now it's the ones that are prescribed once a day to people with heart problems. Four of them makes an adult aspirin (or another brand). When it hurts too much I take one adult of whatever my parents have (my dad either takes tylenol or advil...my mom takes something else since shes allergic to these 2 and aspirins). It's disgusting but a few seconds and chewing and eating a little icing or something like that for the pain to go away is better than to stay in pain.

N
N
Today I had grape juice, Pepsi and water with two toasts, the rest of the pasta leftovers, chocolate ice cream, chocolate (milk bunnies with caramel inside) and macaroni with tomato paste and fried mushrooms.

N
N
Today I had grape juice and Pepsi with two toasts, leftover pork roast, chocolate ice cream, white uncooked potatoes fried in vegetable oil and butter, chocolate (milk bunnies with caramel inside), fried eggs and macaroni with tomato paste and fried mushrooms.

Page 19 of 194 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 193 194

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.